Thread: Multiboxing

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    multi boxers in pvp should be banned they are funsuckers to the nth degree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberpaw View Post
    multi boxers in pvp should be banned they are funsuckers to the nth degree.
    Personally I disagree. I deeply enjoy ripping multiboxers apart.

I don't mind them if I can kill them. In WoW they're usually stupid Shamans looking for people to nuke instead of going for the objective. It only sucks when they're on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Indeed it is. But at least I have stated an opinion other than just attack other posters or post non constructive dribble like yourself.

How about you try to state why you think multi boxing is a good thing instead being combative.
    1) You shouldn't expect constructive response from people when you aren't being constructive yourself. How about you first state why you think multiboxing shouldn't be allowed instead of being condescending. ("I think it is bad" is not a constructive argument)

2) I am not saying it is a good thing. I am saying it is none of other people's business really. If some other guy wants to pay and manage 5 accounts at once, who are you to say he shouldn't be able to do that. Why not? He pays for them. If he hired 4 guys to play with him, would that be ok? Or would people still call that cheating?
    The fact people are being killed by 3 characters controlled by a multiboxer and complain about it is nothing but sad. If you don't stand a chance against that, do you think you'd have bigger chances if you met 3 people with 1 character each who know what they are doing?

3) The only person attacking anyone in this thread were you calling my post "non-constructive dribble".
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    If some rich noob wants to multibox let em, I won't mind kickin their ass everytime I find em in pvp!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike Multiboxing when it comes to PvP.

For PvE, I don't care what the Multiboxer is doing because it doesn't effect my gameplay, even when it comes to Dynamic Events. But when he can push through a whole crowd of people without much consequence, I think that's wrong. That's great that he wants to pay for 4-5 accounts and hook them up, but I won't be, and I'm betting a lot of us on here won't be and we know other people won't be. So why should he get the advantage on the playing field? That's like someone bringing a tank to a football game!

I would rather he (the multiboxer) have to plan/play stuff out rather than steamroll people.

Personaly I dont expect there to be a rule specificly agianst it but I dont think it will be as much of a problem in GW2 just from the differences between it and wow. In wow it only works due to addons and macros helping automate some functions such as following/assisting the main character. Keystrokes are copied to the secondary cliants from the main one and its alot of extra work to manualy controll one of the secondary cliants. At best you get 1 player with the hiting power of say 5 players. The downside is those 5 players are locked togeather and are quite easy to disrupt their effectiveness if you can scatter them. While they may have the DPS output of 5 people they are not much more effective than 2-3 people as the drones can not addapt only monky what the primary does. If your in a match with objectives and 10 players per team and you face a 5 toon multi box yes they are dangerous to confront but your team can avoid the multiboxer, leaving 1-2 people to try to distract him while the rest of your team outnumbers the oposition at every other objective point. The team with the multiboxer is playing with an effective force much smaller than normal and the fact that they have 1 uber powerful player does not fully compensate them for this fact.

For GW2 the lack of addon suport and macros will make creating these bots much harder. You could still use external programs to mimic the keystrokes but without /follow macros resyncing the bots will be much harder. Internet latency can be enough to get them mispositioned let alone single target knockbacks stuns or whatever. all drones would dodge with the primary reguardless of need, have alot of trouble geting back in position if knocked out of sync and generaly wont be able to handle as many targets as 5 players would be. Heck the PVP map demo'd would be near impossible to win as a 5 player multiboxer vs 5 players. All the other team would need to do is fall back from whatever point they attacked and hold the other two and just retake it when the multiboxer moves on to the next. If the multiboxer parks at one point not only do they loose from the other team holding a 2-1 advantage but they can be bombarded easily. Mass snares and other AOE baddness would to terible things to the multiboxer as players will generaly not clump up that tightly in those numbers. Its just not effective to multibox a game that is more twitch based than wow is.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    By what rule exactly? Why not? Are you saying every driver should race in the exact same car because he shouldn't have more horsepower under his hood? You make it sound like it was some universal law. It's just your opinion, nothing else.
    Thats a really bad analogy.

Multi boxing is just plain irritating sometimes, in battlegrounds instead of 1 person mid fielding its 4 or 5 people.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Thats a really bad analogy.

Multi boxing is just plain irritating sometimes, in battlegrounds instead of 1 person mid fielding its 4 or 5 people.
    The analogy is not great. However, let's consider your scenario.
    Lone player is fighting mid field against multiboxer. Following can be said about that:
    1) The player is out of place. Unless he was caught on move, there is not one BG where fighting mid-field is a valid strategy.

2) The multiboxer might be annoying to that one player, but don't forget he is occupying several spots in the battleground. If he wasn't there, you could have say 4 other people in other parts of the battleground. Having 5 people on your team running around on roads killing people one by one is not very efficient.

3) Several people on multiple accounts would have exactly the same effect as that one multiboxer, if not better.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    People can try to justify it all they want, but one player should never have the 5x the amount of power more than another player at his fingertips.
    I agree with this. One person playing one toon facing another person playing one toon = fair. One person playing one toon facing one person playing five toons = unfair advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    1) The player is out of place. Unless he was caught on move, there is not one BG where fighting mid-field is a valid strategy.
    It may not be a "valid strategy" but people do it all the time. People fight midfield in Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin (not on the flags), Warsong Gulch, and just about any WoW BG. They also tend to do it on Rift too.

2) The multiboxer might be annoying to that one player, but don't forget he is occupying several spots in the battleground. If he wasn't there, you could have say 4 other people in other parts of the battleground. Having 5 people on your team running around on roads killing people one by one is not very efficient.
    The first part is true, but I've noticed that if there is a multiboxer, people tend to gravitate around him/her and heal/protect those toons so they can cause more havoc.

3) Several people on multiple accounts would have exactly the same effect as that one multiboxer, if not better.
    Multiple (real) people would be better than one guy taking up multiple spots in structured PvP or WvWvW. I guess I see PvP as I do real sports. One guy can't take up more than one slot in any game. Also the same for most console VS-games.

Deleted
    ArenaNet better be greedy or their share holders will sue the directors for neglect of duty!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I agree with this. One person playing one toon facing another person playing one toon = fair. One person playing one toon facing one person playing five toons = unfair advantage.
    So, you're saying that you versus multiple characters is unfair and all fights should be 1v1?

Any and all random World PvP arguments against multiboxing are null and void in GW2, as there is no random World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    It's not the facts that you die, it's the feeling that one guy can do sometime just as good as 5 people can.
    eh??? you serious?
    They dont have like 5 computers/keyboards/mice to do this you know.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    As 4KhazModan said, if you meet 5 people who are intent on whooping your ass then you're going down, multiboxer or not. And you actually have BETTER chances against a multiboxer than against 5 individual people.

So yeah, that argument doesn't fly. Learn to run away from groups of enemies if you're solo, and group up with others.
    I think the point he's trying to make is that in randoms where you go to have fun, you almost never see 5 people running around killing you near-instantly. With an enemy multiboxer, you don't even have a chance to do anything before you are on the ground again, and again, until you drop out.

Since pvp scenarios in Guild Wars 2 can be 5v5, a multiboxer can pick off enemies one by one until they win. This wouldn't really fly on maps with objectives, but they'd still wipe the competition.

So, you're saying that you versus multiple characters is unfair and all fights should be 1v1?
    Not a case of it SHOULD be 1v1, but when your up agaist better odds like 2v1 3v1 4v1 etc etc id say that was classed as unfair...wouldnt you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    Since pvp scenarios in Guild Wars 2 can be 5v5, a multiboxer can pick off enemies one by one until they win. This wouldn't really fly on maps with objectives, but they'd still wipe the competition.
    If it was a 5v5 match, the non-multiboxing team would win hands down. So I don't see your point?

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 04:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Not a case of it SHOULD be 1v1, but when your up agaist better odds like 2v1 3v1 4v1 etc etc id say that was classed as unfair...wouldnt you?
    You do realize how stupid an argument that is? That unless the fight is 1v1 it is unfair and shouldn't be allowed? Basically, that would rule out all BGs, WvWvW and all. Otherwise you will sooner or later get killed by a group of enemy players and it doesn't matter if it's a single person or multiple people, you're dead anyways. And it will happen the other way around, too. Or have you never been a part of a group who killed a lone enemy player?

I think the point is that while fighting multiple people (1vX) is annoying but fine, while being "forced" into such a fight because the opponent is multiboxing, rather than it happening because people are sticking together, is ridiculous. Obviously there are ways around being forced into such a fight, and a multiboxing opponent is going to be easier than the same number of individuals, chances are higher though of running into a 5x multiboxer than running into 5 players while alone

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't see the issue. One guy playing 5 characters has limitations, it's not like he's immortal. He's just stronger if you're 'silly' enough to let yourself be attacked by him :P
    Plus, if you kill his "main" character, you basically got 4 other not so cool characters standing there. And by killing that one guy, you've effectively made 5 players in that BG "useless" for a while.

If I see a Multiboxer in a BG I usually see it as an advantage for my team.
    Hi