Thread: Multiboxing

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Multiboxing

Does anyone know if this will be allowed in Guild Wars 2?

I damn hope not, taking Blizzard's stance on this, they dont support it but they don't mind if you do it. I think the only reason Blizzard acutally allow this is because of the money, I mean, we're talking about Blizzard here, ofcourse they want you to buy lets say 5 accounts with all the expansion and pay 15 bucks a month while they still want you to pay for xpacks, subs, micro transactions, mobile apps etc.

Since ArenaNet doesn't seem very greedy (unlike Blizzard) do you think they'll let people do this?

Deleted
    Could you please elaborate why exactly does it bother you if someone is multiboxing? It's not like it's in any way or form out of your pocket or enjoyment, it doesn't stop you from playing the game, so I don't understand why you're so much against it.

You realize if you come across a multi boxer, you would be better off than if you fought an organized group of individual players. As long as they are not bots, it is a allowed. The only thing that makes them dangerous is their numbers, which is no different than encountering individual players in a 4-1 situation.

Deleted
    Like there are some people who do it in a way I don't mind, like the really skilled ones who solo current tier content with 10 characters. THAT I am okay with but it's not very fun when 5 shamans run up on you and start casting lightning bolt or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Like there are some people who do it in a way I don't mind, like the really skilled ones who solo current tier content with 10 characters. THAT I am okay with but it's not very fun when 5 shamans run up on you and start casting lightning bolt or something like that.
    And how is that different than 5 player shammans coming up to you and doing their rotation, not just spam lightning bolt? Its a 5 v 1. Any ways you look at it, you shouldn't win that confrontation.

Nice double standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    And how is that different than 5 player shammans coming up to you and doing their rotation, not just spam lightning bolt? Its a 5 v 1. Any ways you look at it, you shouldn't win that confrontation.
    It's not the facts that you die, it's the feeling that one guy can do sometime just as good as 5 people can.

Deleted
    As 4KhazModan said, if you meet 5 people who are intent on whooping your ass then you're going down, multiboxer or not. And you actually have BETTER chances against a multiboxer than against 5 individual people.

So yeah, that argument doesn't fly. Learn to run away from groups of enemies if you're solo, and group up with others.

Deleted
    I know there are many people with multiple accounts in GW1 for birthday presents and more bank space.
    Though I do not know if it's allowed.

Dont even need to multibox.
    Back in the good ol days that i was playing GW me and my friends would just "one shot" the enemy healers by following our leader.
    He would shout out 1 target, we would all cast chain lightning, if They were lucky, only 1 died. If we were lucky, 3 or 4 died.
    and then we would all be able to make our own judgement calls and assisting each other when under attack.

I never understood why multiboxing was a problem in the first place. I get that it's OP in disorganized pug battlegrounds, but I always thought it would be detrimental in a competitive environment. Two heads are better than one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickywiki View Post
    and then we would all be able to make our own judgement calls and assisting each other when under attack.
    That's the whole thing: put a multiboxer with 5 chars against 5 individual players and (s)he'll lose. Simply because individual players are much more flexible, with everyone being able to react individually to things and can either harass the enemy or assist a friend depending on what they feel would yield best results. A single person has only so many fingers and eyes and is thus limited by them.

---------- Post added 2011-11-05 at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I never understood why multiboxing was a problem in the first place. I get that it's OP in disorganized pug battlegrounds, but I always thought it would be detrimental in a competitive environment. Two heads are better than one.
    Even in disorganised pugs it's not that hard to just run away if you see a group coming your way. Or follow a group of allies and assist them. But as for competitive environments: well, atleast I am not aware of a single multiboxer ever having reached top ladders even in 2v2 in WoW ( I am not that familiar with other MMOs so I cannot comment on them ) so..

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I never understood why multiboxing was a problem in the first place.
    Because HE has a lollipop and I don't.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    People can try to justify it all they want, but one player should never have the 5x the amount of power more than another player at his fingertips.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-11-05 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    People can try to justify it all they want, but one player should never have the 5x the amount of power more than another player at his fingertips.
    By what rule exactly? Why not? Are you saying every driver should race in the exact same car because he shouldn't have more horsepower under his hood? You make it sound like it was some universal law. It's just your opinion, nothing else.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

I don't think multi-boxing would work very well in guild wars 2. For one I don't think there are any add ons, and most multiboxers use add ons to help them. More importantly though I think the combat system in Guild Wars 2 would make multiboxing more difficult then in wow.
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

Even if people do multibox GW2; so what? From a PvE perspective it wont change your experience much (if at all). Only change would be DE's, and if he's an ineffective multiboxer and his other 2-whatever number toons are "inactive" they wont count towards the DE.

As for PvP, this is much less of an issue. In GW2's "BG's;" or for the one we know about, it's useless as they will lose points wise unless they have amazing keyboard control to be able to individually control 3+ chars at different locations at the same time. And in WvWvW, one good AoE sequence and they are all dead. Lets say the multiboxer v 1; well, dodge becomes weird as do a few other abilities and defensive mechanics. I really don't see this as being a huge deal.

Edit: one plus side could be cross profession combos if you multibox well and have good macro skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    It's just your opinion, nothing else.
    Indeed it is. But at least I have stated an opinion other than just attack other posters or post non constructive dribble like yourself.

How about you try to state why you think multi boxing is a good thing instead being combative.

I damn hope not, taking Blizzard's stance on this, they dont support it but they don't mind if you do it. I think the only reason Blizzard acutally allow this is because of the money, I mean, we're talking about Blizzard here, ofcourse they want you to buy lets say 5 accounts with all the expansion and pay 15 bucks a month while they still want you to pay for xpacks, subs, micro transactions, mobile apps etc.

Since ArenaNet doesn't seem very greedy (unlike Blizzard) do you think they'll let people do this?
    /sigh Does it have to be Blizzard? Blizzard is a company and like any other company they want to make money, is that so wrong?

Deleted

I don't expect there will be any rule against it, but combat in GW2 doesn't look very multiboxing friendly. It would be hard to take full advantage of cross profession combos while multiboxing. Far as I know there isn't any macro system like there is in WoW that allow make /follow macros (wow multiboxing rely on this). Also in GW1 you couldn't even launch 2 clients at once unless you modified it.