Here is why ToR is not compatible with Rift fans:
1. The soul system is static. No swapping souls in or out
2. After you pick your advanced class to reset the points it cost a holy crap ton and will progressively get higher and higher to do, so no on the spot switching roles, no dual spec
3. Single server war fronts. Huttball is specifically designed to mask the fact that this is a failure on Biowares part. This idea works only if every server is high pop and has 50/50% balance..good luck
4. The world is static and very similar to WoW's dead world where once you finish a zone there is little to no reason to actually go back.
5. Single server LFG in a trinity class model has been proven time and time again to be complete failure.
6. Going back to soul. In Rift if they nerf or buff a class, then you can respec very easily. Biowares system only works if they never change anything and you are a fool to believe they will not have FOTM classes.
7. The damage modifiers in Beta literally make no sense. Your range at lvl 14 alone is between 1 and 1,000 if you crit. That is level 14
8. The UI can not be customized so you are stuck with something that looks like a mix of a arcade UI and WoW standard UI
9. Raid content in the game on release date is only a 16man raid with 5 bosses. Yes over 100+ million dollars invested and they release with the same content Rift had on launch date.
10. No day/night cycles
11. No swimming. Only other MMO I have seen released since 2006 that has not had this
12. Art style is designed for a much younger audience
13. Combat is not fluid and is extremely twitchy and non responsive
14. After the dialogue the quest have no depth and are reduced to gather x or get y quest.
15. While the zones look open and expansive they are actually very one way and you are not encourage to go off the beaten path.
16. ToR fans have made a cardinal mistake in hyping this game. You have convince people that it is DAoC 2.0 with RvR that works the same way in a two faction game.
17. The mobs seem to have no response to you in most cases. You can literally stand there two feet away from a mob and fire away with no recoil may I add and not aggro anything.
18. There are only 17 zones. Bioware is calling them worlds, but that is to make it seem bigger then it really is and when you break it does the worlds are just zones that you can not travel too.
19. The companions have no customization options at all and are very generic.
20. Knowing EA expect transfers to cost 25$, so have fun paying to get off a what will become a dead server.