Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why Rift players are not compatible with ToR

So one of hobbies I guess you can call it is to read blogs and forums about the game I play to get a general feel of how it is going and how the overall mmorpg community views Rift.

Right now there is this view from a select group of people that Rift is a hold over game and come December 20th every single Rift server will empty out and we will all go play ToR.

So this is getting kind of old. Only reason ToR is not getting RIPPED to shreds whenever people make this statement is because we either get banned for breaking the NDA or the site who lets us post why ToR sucks threatens to get shut down by Bioware and slapped with legal action.

Take this as a warning ToR fans once that NDA is dropped it is on. Pray to god Bioware keeps that NDA up until December 20th because some of you are using that NDA as a shield.

ToR actually kind of sucks and missing epic crap ton of features. That game is going to GET RIPPED TO SHREDS by the massive WoW playerbase that it is attracting. ToR fans are doing everything they can to attract people to a game that is missing roughly 50% of the features these people have been used to for YEARS!

This is the biggest train wreck I have seen coming in all my years of playing mmorpg's and ToR fans are just pushing the acceleration. So just keeping hiding and talking tough and predicting Rifts doom because it is 1month and 15 days to go and there IS NOTHING Bioware can do to stop what is coming.

This is a list I made of 20 things about ToR that are glaring blatant issues with the game and this is not under NDA. The list is far more extensive if Bioware would grow a pair and drop the NDA:

Here is why ToR is not compatible with Rift fans:
    1. The soul system is static. No swapping souls in or out
    2. After you pick your advanced class to reset the points it cost a holy crap ton and will progressively get higher and higher to do, so no on the spot switching roles, no dual spec
    3. Single server war fronts. Huttball is specifically designed to mask the fact that this is a failure on Biowares part. This idea works only if every server is high pop and has 50/50% balance..good luck
    4. The world is static and very similar to WoW's dead world where once you finish a zone there is little to no reason to actually go back.
    5. Single server LFG in a trinity class model has been proven time and time again to be complete failure.
    6. Going back to soul. In Rift if they nerf or buff a class, then you can respec very easily. Biowares system only works if they never change anything and you are a fool to believe they will not have FOTM classes.
    7. The damage modifiers in Beta literally make no sense. Your range at lvl 14 alone is between 1 and 1,000 if you crit. That is level 14
    8. The UI can not be customized so you are stuck with something that looks like a mix of a arcade UI and WoW standard UI
    9. Raid content in the game on release date is only a 16man raid with 5 bosses. Yes over 100+ million dollars invested and they release with the same content Rift had on launch date.
    10. No day/night cycles
    11. No swimming. Only other MMO I have seen released since 2006 that has not had this
    12. Art style is designed for a much younger audience
    13. Combat is not fluid and is extremely twitchy and non responsive
    14. After the dialogue the quest have no depth and are reduced to gather x or get y quest.
    15. While the zones look open and expansive they are actually very one way and you are not encourage to go off the beaten path.
    16. ToR fans have made a cardinal mistake in hyping this game. You have convince people that it is DAoC 2.0 with RvR that works the same way in a two faction game.
    17. The mobs seem to have no response to you in most cases. You can literally stand there two feet away from a mob and fire away with no recoil may I add and not aggro anything.
    18. There are only 17 zones. Bioware is calling them worlds, but that is to make it seem bigger then it really is and when you break it does the worlds are just zones that you can not travel too.
    19. The companions have no customization options at all and are very generic.
    20. Knowing EA expect transfers to cost 25$, so have fun paying to get off a what will become a dead server.

15+ Year Old Account
    i just tell people, play what you want to play, if you enjoy this game then play it, if you like the other game play it.

why do people think people can only play 1 mmo at a time? right now i play 3 (though with my current work schedule i cant commit a lot of time to either for the time being)

What are the point of threads like these? Just to stir up shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    To address a growing trend that WoW and Rift forums across several sites seem to be experiencing right now. It is basically they can point at Rift or WoW and say x or x feature sucks, but we can not do the reverse.

In the long ToR fans managing hype will be better for the health of their game instead of promising the sun and the moon. They need to realize people typically do zero actual research and can be tempted to go to their game by random trolly comment or broad statement promises, but it almost always backfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Most likely. /sadface

This sounds like pure conjecture to me. Or just good, old fashioned ToR bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    To address a growing trend that WoW and Rift forums across several sites seem to be experiencing right now. It is basically they can point at Rift or WoW and say x or x feature sucks, but we can not do the reverse.

In the long ToR fans managing hype will be better for the health of their game instead of promising the sun and the moon. They need to realize people typically do zero actual research and can be tempted to go to their game by random trolly comment or broad statement promises, but it almost always backfires.
    While I agree with you on some degree about both sides pointing fingers, most of your points are grossly inaccurate. If you actually read current information and watched current videos about TOR. Talking about the graphics being focused on the young audience, enemies not aggroing you, and combat being jerky and stiff just makes me want to /facepalm.

I have been in beta for the last three months and Bioware has been really fast at updating the engine, content, gameplay, etc. The state of the beta right now is practically a completely different game than what it was two months ago. Have you been watching videos from 2009?

With that said, there is nothing wrong with Rift. It is a good game, as is WoW, and everyone will have their preferences. This thread just sounds like you are bashing TOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just say http://www.thesecretworld.com/ if any wanna try a diffrent mmo. this game gonna be awsome.
    LOOKI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valden83 View Post
    While I agree with you on some degree about both sides pointing fingers, most of your points are grossly inaccurate. If you actually read current information and watched current videos about TOR. Talking about the graphics being focused on the young audience, enemies not aggroing you, and combat being jerky and stiff just makes me want to /facepalm.

I have been in beta for the last three months and Bioware has been really fast at updating the engine, content, gameplay, etc. The state of the beta right now is practically a completely different game than what it was two months ago. Have you been watching videos from 2009?

With that said, there is nothing wrong with Rift. It is a good game, as is WoW, and everyone will have their preferences. This thread just sounds like you are bashing TOR.
    You said it, couldnt agree more.

Oh ya, the secret world looks nice... cant wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by valden83 View Post

You will know when I am "bashing" ToR, but sorry ToR fans brought it on themselves. A lot them have been predicting the doom of Rift and WoW. ToR fans are pretending Rift is in a weakened state like Aion or DCUO when it is not even remotely close to the truth.

The simple fact is ToR fans are doing their best to attract a playerbase who will ask for features that they absolutely hate with a passion. THE FIRST AND I MEAN first thing I will do if I goto ToR is demand x-server LFG and War fronts. I had 7k post on Rift forums and 9k post on Aion forums, so I will never stop.

Next thing I will demand is dual spec system because I and alot of other people require it in any mmorpg that we play. After that I will demand more content over stupid fluff. I consider housing or decorations on a ship pointless and want Bioware to focus more on raid and pve content.

If you want these playerbases from these two games this is what you are going to get and it is stuff ToR is extremely weak on. The above 20 things is what I see as a Rift player when I look at ToR objectively. Star Wras or Bioware fans might not see this, but this is what I see as a former WoW player and current Rift player.

Quote Originally Posted by looki View Post
    I just say http://www.thesecretworld.com/ if any wanna try a diffrent mmo. this game gonna be awsome.
    how do they work character progression?

OP sounds like an idiot, no factual evidence but yet gives out "factual" percentages. Hes nothing more then a troll and obviously sounds butthurt he cant afford the money to buy the game. Sorry kiddo, maybe if you ask mommy nicely she will let you use her credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    OP sounds like an idiot, no factual evidence but yet gives out "factual" percentages. Hes nothing more then a troll and obviously sounds butthurt he cant afford the money to buy the game. Sorry kiddo, maybe if you ask mommy nicely she will let you use her credit card.
    THIS IS THE POINT I CAN NOT GIVE YOU FACTUAL EVIDENCE(percents/screenshots) without 1. Getting banned from this site or 2. Boub getting his site shut down by Bioware for allowing it

Everything in that list of 20 things is public knowledge anyways. #13 and #17 can be considered my personnel opinion, but I am not the only one who has said those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the name of this thread is provocative.

You're already trying to condition people to believe your central idea just by how you formulated the thread title...

Maybe you shouldn't be assuming that you know what people like or not.

Since when exactly people can't play games that are different from one another?

So stop your cheap propaganda, and let people decide for themselves what to play.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. RIFT players wanted WoW without WoW.

2. That's exactly what TOR is (Oh... plus an on rails shooter).

3. Your list also has more than a few flaws. Anyone willing to break the NDA can tell you that.

4. This whole argument is weird and borderline hipster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

THIS IS THE POINT I CAN NOT GIVE YOU FACTUAL EVIDENCE(percents/screenshots) without 1. Getting banned from this site or 2. Boub getting his site shut down by Bioware for allowing it

Everything in that list of 20 things is public knowledge anyways.
    So, if you can't actually give evidence to support your claim, why are you making it now in the first place? If you've got grips with ToR then wait until the NDA is lifted instead of now when you can't actually support any claim you make. All this thread did was make you look like a guy who wants to bash ToR for no reason.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

10+ Year Old Account

Everything in that list of 20 things is public knowledge anyways.
    You can't give any factual percentages at all. Because they would prove nothing. Stick to your own opinions and don't try to make up other people's minds for them.

If you made a thread saying "Why I am not compatible with TOR" I would be fine with it. But what you're doing here is just plain arrogant.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swimming and sitting really make or break a game! Also Rift is terrible, the class system is horrible, the talents are boring, and graphics are nothing short of 'lifeless'.

The point that ToR fans are seriously not getting is you guys are trying to attract player bases that LOVE features that you hate. This is not a me thread or I would list a bunch of personnel stuff I hate.

Instead I list things Rift has that ToR is lacking. These are facts. Rift players leaving for ToR based on pure hype and people hiding behind a NDA are losing these things.

ToR fans might not like it, but it is the truth. Your game is weak in some very key areas and I listed 20 of them. I did not even bring up class balance.

My friend is in beta, iv played a smuggler, inquisitor, and a bounty hunter. Im deeply satisfied with the game, in fact so far only thing i have disliked is the fact you cant make a Pureblood Sith Inquisitor which is something the ToR inquisitor fanbase rages about.

Been playing wow since Vanilla beta, Aion since Beta, Rift since beta.

I like WoW the best, Aion second, and Rift makes me want to stab myself in the face. The quests are unattractive and stupid. The boss fights are unimagined. Level alts has become annoying because the replay value is poor and questing while an invasion occurs with nobody to stop it is frustrating.

Aion has its faults aswell. The lack of imagination on gear, everything is seemingly Nobel or Worthy. I dislike the crafting system. And leveling before the leveling instenives has far to grindy, most of this has changed now for the better.

Rift stays the same and its upsetting.

Wow, well wow is an old friend i can always count on, up until recently i just cant bring myself to play.