10+ Year Old Account

Infraction because of signature.

I was surprised to recieve this message today:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapbot
    Dear Thundertom,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Avatar/Signature Violation
    -------
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Sig by Sangriaa. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Etul View Post
    I saw a Mankrik in one of my pugs, and when I asked him what happened to his wife he said he killed her for the insurance money. D:
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/thundertom/advanced"][IMG]http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/118344/sigcata5972.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [SIZE=2]Sig by [URL="http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/685953-Sangriaa"]Sangriaa[/URL]. Thanks![/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]
    [QUOTE=Etul;10605728]I saw a Mankrik in one of my pugs, and when I asked him what happened to his wife he said he killed her for the insurance money. D:[/QUOTE]
    -------

This infraction is worth 4 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    MMO-Champion

(Scrapbot is an automated bot and send this message on behalf of the moderator team. Please do not reply to this message, it will not be seen.)

I've had this sig for quite a while. Have the signature rules changed?

Also I don't get what is wrong with the sig. The message says "Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb."

It exceeds the 500px X 100px by 50kb?! Is the file too big or is the picture's height incorrect?

I wasn't sure where else to post this, as the message states I can't reply to it, so that's why I'm posting here.

Anyway, if someone could shed a light on this, I can fix what's wrong, no problem.

Cheers. Tom

Deleted
    ive had 2 infractions for sigs, no big deal, just dont get any more :P

and you cant have a nnormal sig picture like yours and quoted text, only un quoted.

see mine, i made my pic smaller so it fits

add this around the quote

["size=1"] ["/size"]

without the "

[size=1]

If you would have gone to the guidelines which are linked in the infraction message, you would see that the 100px height requirement is the maximum height allowed for both pictures AND text. Quote boxes are rather large, and that put your signature height around 160px.

Also, going to copy this from the new FAQ at the top of the page:

Q: Why did my signature get removed?
    A: Because it broke the site's signature restrictions. Please make sure to read this thread on them to avoid future signature removal.

Q: But I've had this signature for months! Why did it get removed now?
    A: Contrary to what a lot of people believe, signature removal is not an automated process. It's most likely that a moderator just happened to notice your signature recently, or it was only recently reported. Just like bad posts, we rely quite a bit on users reporting oversized signatures.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-11-05 at 10:22 PM.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the text is in it too! I missed that part.

What confused me was the 100px highlight part. I thought that was just for images.

I'll fix it. Thank you for clearing it up.