psychology and fitness.

hello...
    Girlfriend and I are looking to advance our lives with.schooling.. Where should we go?

I am 25 and she is 22.
    she graduated from ucla and wants to get into a phd program for clinical.paychology.
    I am a highend.personal trainer and make.a decent amount but know i.cant be a.personal trainer all my.life.
    I only have my AA, with many.personal training certs.

What is a decent place to live and schools.for clinical.psychology and a place that looks iat.fitness as something important. we live together in southern.california and have been together for 5 years..

I probably only want to get my ba so physical therapy would be out.of.the question. Anyone ever move with a significant.other.for school and have.to.find a career before they left or at a new place.

any input would be great

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    any input would be great
    Why are you posting so many " . " in your text, and in between words?

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    This was all I could think about as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    You could actually try to help instead of just picking up on him. Anyway, i'm not from the US, is it possible that you guys would be willing to go to another country?

Its because my phone likes to put ... randomly.. instead of me putting them.. Sorry for that..

And probably not another country

Found it quite hard to determine what you are actually asking, are you going to be studying also or are you just looking for an area that is likely to be easy for you to find work as a trainer?

Either way if your girlfriend is going to be doing her PhD she should take precedent in the decision of where you go to for various reasons, funding, good supervisors and decent resources being but a few.

If it's for work, you can retrain (you said yourself you cant be a trainer forever) so don't let that get in the way of somewhere that is more suitable for her postgraduate study. If you intend to study yourself it could be a bit more complex, but try balance it. If she is going for her PhD her career will be affected a lot more than yours will by a non optimal choice in area.

To sum it up, as a PhD student i would say the choice is primarily hers with slight consideration on your needs, you can be a lot more adaptable than she can in the situation with a lot less negative effects.

thats my question. where is a good clinical psychology university.. i want to.go to school also.

for instances i.dont want.to move.to.any southern.states.where.they eat.shitty.food.and 90%.of.the state..is.obese because those people are not worried about.fitness. they want to be fat dumb and.happy
    Last edited by nomorepriest; 2011-11-06 at 03:08 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you only want to stay in State, or would you mind going around the country? UCI and UCSB are both good schools in California to go to if you're going to a university and not med school. I really don't know what to tell you when it comes to Fitness, but I would assume there are quite a few gyms near or in college towns to look for work at.

If you don't mind overcast a bit, University of Washington has a good program as well. It's a bit cooler up there, but there's plenty of places to find work for fitness. It's also one of the most active cities in the country, so seeing overweight people probably won't occur that often.
    Last edited by MAGAmobile; 2011-11-06 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    California is the place you want to be!
    I like sandwiches