Qosmio F60, Installing a New Graphic Card, Is't Compatible?

Hello, i own a Toshiba Qosmio F60, it comes with this Graphic Card: nVidia GeForce GT 330M.
    i am trying to figure out if i can replace the current Graphic Card with a newer model (GeForce GTX 570 or 580).

I need help on figuring out if its possible to replace it. if the new card is installable on the motherboard.

what info does one need to know if its compatible or not?

Show an example of the info i need to find out please.

Deleted
    Moved to "Computer Build Help".

A desktop GPU like the ones you are considering can't fit (without serious modding anyway) in a laptop. Changing your 330M would be fairly pricey as you would need to contact the manufacturer for a replacement card that fits in your specific laptop model.

Your best bet is to save for a new computer; updating/upgrading a laptop GPU is not to recommend.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-06 at 12:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a laptop, correct? Pretty much impossible to replace the mobile graphics card in a laptop, sorry.

You cannot replace the graphics card on a laptop. Also the 570 and 580 are probably as long and as thick as your laptop anyways XD

Sorry for the bad news

10+ Year Old Account
    there are external graphics card adapters, they are pretty much a PCIe x16 slot connected via USB or Firewire, but they are not for gaming, they are more for offloading rendering work to a "real" gpu

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    there are external graphics card adapters, they are pretty much a PCIe x16 slot connected via USB or Firewire, but they are not for gaming, they are more for offloading rendering work to a "real" gpu
    ExpressPort a go-go, baby!

But yeah, as others have said, not an option in a laptop unless you want to spend a lot on one of the external setups. And even then, you're limited since they just can't offer cards like the 570 or 580 the power they need.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7