Deleted

[Music] What music?

What music did you grow up with and what do you listen to now?

I have two older brothers who where both into different genres of music, one brother listened to blink 182, limp bizkit, korn and all that stuff, while my other brother listened to the newest chart music at the time. My mum and dad loved their rock and roll such as ACDC but they also love their country and western.

I think because I grew up listening to all these different types of music is the reason why I listen to everything. I really love oasis, never get tired of listening to them but when I'm in the party mode ill stick on some hardtrance. I can listen to everything while my friends can only really listen to their favourite genre.

When I'm just chilling with some beers, like tonight, I love to stick on some Jimi Hendrix or The Who.

I'm 21 but I would rather listen to oldskool music over the crap that's being made today!

on topic... i grew up with rock n roll, 60s, 70s stuff. i later started to branch out to rap, hip hop, then ICP and whatnot. I matured, and i listen to everything besides heavy christian music.

favorite genre though is anything with a guitar

15+ Year Old Account
    I never had a particular genre I was into when growing up. I'd just listen to whatever I liked.

Now I'm totally into trance, techno and hardstyle.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 26, Grew up listening to 50's - 80's music and still listening to that same music... Mostly funk, blues, rock and metal, I do enjoy techno though.

Really, I'll listen to any genre, but as I said... It's generally 50's - 80's music.

90% of the music around these days is just horrible... I really feel bad for the current generation.
    Last edited by Serj Tankian; 2011-11-06 at 02:00 AM.

Classic Rock/Metal is my genre since i realized music
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

im 24. i grew up listening to The Prodigy!!! Best band ever... also Eminem was always good - except for new albums - which i dont like. There was a band called Scooter - was pretty good. I also had no choice but to listen to my parents music which is probably why i like all kinds of music now.

Oh yeah almost forgot Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park ;D

Ever since i started playing wow i started liking rock music and some hard rock as well ( because of warcraftmovies.com lol )

Im 26 now, and untill i was 16 y/o, I didnt have any preference in music, i barely listened to any. Then i found Blind Guardian.

Now, I enjoy pretty much anything that has a good beat and isn't repetitive.

Blind Guardian's still my #1, by far. And on that, here's one from them:

Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up listening to Queen and Bowie, as my parents would not put on anything else. Nowadays I listen to Amon Amarth, Dying Fetus, Arsis, Slipknot, Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, mostly Melodic or Technical Death Metal. I also listen to Melodic Metalcore, and Fall Out Boy. I do have to say, I am 14, so I guess I'm still growing up.

Listen to - (Nearly) all genres of rock, blues, or metal, real hip hop, classical, jazz, some dubstep/techo/electronic.

Don't listen to - Most pop, new pop-ish hip hop, screamo, death metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the age of 5 I have had the same person as my favorite music artist. Loreena McKennitt. She will always be my favorite artist.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

I mostly listened to soundtracks or whatever my siblings were listening to (being the youngest, didn't have a whole lot of say). But I got more into some hard alternative/nu-metal stuff in middle and early high school, which then evolved into a brief venture into 80's heavy metal and thrash, then to newer heavy metal and metalcore, then in college, went into death metal, still there. Favorites include Blood Red Throne, Decapitated, Abominable Putridity, Abnormity, Neuraxis, Bloodbath, and Fleshgod Apocalypse.

I love many different kinds of music, I often find myself listening to anything from aggrotech like Dawn of Ashes, to stuff like The Mountain Goats, or some game soundtracks like Darksiders or recently I've been raiding to some of the DMC soundtracks (awesome raid music, btw). But I'm never not in the mood for some death metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 31 and grew up listening to 90's alternative like Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Blind Melon, Weezer, Stone Temple Pilots, Offspring, and Tool. In my junior and senior years I started listening to more punk bands like NOFX, Pennywise, Bad Religion, Rancid, Mad Caddies, and Lagwagon. After high school is when I really started to listen to all kinds of music from older rap groups like Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, and Beastie Boys to classic rock like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, The Who, and Cream and even lounge music like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra.

These days I mostly listen to indie rock groups like Local Natives and Minus the Bear or post-rock groups like Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Mogwai. Every now and then I will listen to classic rock and very rarely hip-hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Superflex View Post
    one brother listened to blink 182, limp bizkit, korn and all that stuff,
    Blink 182 and Korn/ Limp Bizkit are EXTREMELY different styles of music.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Just let us come in and fix it guys, we promise Haliburton won't steal the pyramids.

10+ Year Old Account
    While younger, I listened to country music. This was in the day when Kenny Rogers, Dottie West, Dolly Parton and barbara mandrell were all hot stuff on the scene. As time went on, I went towards some pop music, and as a teenager I grew along with the grunge movement (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, etc).

For whatever it matters, I'll be 36 before year's end. I currently listen to mostly rock and roll, which ranges from Hendrix to Foreigner, from Ozzy to Godsmack and Nine Inch Nails to Korn. I will listen to rap and pop as well, though I prefer the "gangsta" era rap such as when Dre and Snoop Dogg first hit the scene. I can listen to older country and some newer country; once in a long while I might even be heard listening to.. classical music. >.> My favorite band all-time is Led Zeppelin. I still think of Kenny Rogers as my favorite country artist, for the work he's done. I could go on more, but that's enough to give the jist.
    Last edited by Invictus9001; 2011-11-06 at 08:55 AM.

#FlightIsImportant

I grew up listening to what my older brother and sister listened to. My brother liked bands like Weezer, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, and other 90's alt rock. My sister got me into ska and punk with Rancid, (older) Blink-182, 311, Less Than Jake, The Pietasters, and others. I was in a ska band for 6 years through high school and into college, and ska and punk really defined my music scene. But when I got to college I started listening to more modern alternative stuff like Motion City Soundtrack, Death Cab For Cutie, The Starting Line, and others. Toss in some System of a Down, Les Miserables soundtrack, Eminem, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, and that pretty much sums up my musical taste.

Mostly everything except country, death metal, and shitty pop/rap (I like some rap).
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.