Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

A Companion Scenario

This has been something I have been brewing in my head for awhile now and I felt it was about time I put it out there. Basically speaking your companions follow you everywhere you go solo wise. They are there with you through most of this storyline you live through. I do not think this type of scenario is something in the game at the moment but alas I do not personally know. The scenario for each side is pretty much the same. Lets say that your companion is with you on a mission. At the end of it you either choose to kill someone who is a criminal or let them go. Lets say you make your choice and your about to carry it out. What would you do if your companion stops you and asks you to do the opposite? Please for the sake of this choice assume that it would not be a significant light side dark side point gain or loss. Would you then rethink the option and go ahead and do as you companion asks? Would you even give it a thought before denying it? Something I have been milling over and was curious to see other peoples responses, mine is below.

Personally my IA is going to be a healer. She is going to go full on darkside and do anything to advance herself and keep the Empire safe. If a choice presented itself where she wanted me to save someone I would probably kill them without hesitation anyway. I would be very curious to see where the story goes though. It may make a very interesting and involving plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    That definately will happen, and it will make you think about it.

I can't really answer that. It really depends on what companion I have at that time, since each will give different advice based upon their own personality.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I will likely listen to my companion.

Then again, I will probably keep around the companion that agrees with me the most. In other bioware games if I had any sort of hint of what I was getting into I planned my companions accordingly.

For instance, in Dragon Age Origins I normally played a greedy but not outright evil character, I had Morrigan on my team most of the time and she was pleased when I did these things. When I got to the Mage Tower though I knew how single minded she would be in there so I actually left her behind on my first playthough to avoid getting in any sort of accidental fights with her. On a different save file though (which won't be an option in SWTOR) I did go through to hear her opinions and see if any major character growth happened for her. I actually did make a mistake where agreeing with what was a seemingly off-hand insult lead to me killing Wynne. I gambled right the first time and missed out on nothing major (and avoided an accident), there was an item for her but she didn't need to be there for me to get it.

If I am going to be an evil character I'll likely have an evil companion and same for the good options. If I did run into that problem I would listen to my companion but ONLY if I didn't have a personal vendetta against the character I was about to murder. I'd deal with any boohooing from an NPC quest giver but I wouldn't want to sever any ties with my companions (unless I outright despise one of them, which I find unlikely)
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Jedi Knight is going dark side, so he will most definitely kill anything that even remotely looks like it could pose a threat to the Republic. My companions will simply have to suck it up.

It really depends on your companions. The companion video clearly demonstrates that there are companions with different personalities to suit all the alignment parts (Light/Grey/Dark) - lightest of light to darkest of dark.

In a situation like this can I swap out my companion before I enter the conversation, maybe pull out a companion that I think would approve of killing the guy? Or would I need to run back to my ship before I could switch?

10+ Year Old Account
    My companions work for me, not the way around. /Slave collar
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    It really depends on your companions. The companion video clearly demonstrates that there are companions with different personalities to suit all the alignment parts (Light/Grey/Dark) - lightest of light to darkest of dark.
    It seems even the individual companions themselves can be swayed to be different in alignment.

Don't talk specifics. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-11-06 at 08:37 PM.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell you what I would do, but I can promise that I would take it into consideration. Especially if it would affect my releationship with said companion.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.