View Poll Results: Who gets more ladies? Nice guys or jerks?

Voters
609. This poll is closed
  • Nice guys

143 23.48%
  • Assholes

466 76.52%
Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Who gets more ladies? Nice guys or jerks?

Simple question and one I really want to find what the majority says. I'm not a girl, so I wouldn't know what to say. However, if I had a say I would want to have a nice guy and NOT an asshole as a boyfriend. But sadly it seems the majority of girls like dicks who will just treat them like shit.

be a dick, get more pussy.

honest to god truth from my experiences. Find a girl you want more than a one night stand with, be nice...you'll go futher if she likes you back.

honest to god truth...it's working with me right now =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The bad guy will get more short term relationships. But in the end the nice guy is the one they stay with.
    atleast thats how it seems to me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jerks get laid. Nice guys get married.

"Jerks" tend to be outgoing and self-confident, and have no problem acting like something they're not to trick people into doing what they want (and don't mind that sooner or later, their real personality comes out and things fall apart). "Nice guys" tend to be introverted, lack self-confidence, and are so worried about keeping a relationship that they end up making it not fun to be in.

That's why you see that phenomenon where girls, particularly in the age group where guys are mostly not looking for long-term (high school -> late 20's) always seem to end up with the "jerks".

Sooner or later, both sides mature. The jerks calm down and settle down and start caring about someone, the "nice guys" finally wise up and start acting like normal people around other people -- or both end up foreveralone.jpg. If you want somebody ahead of the curve, pay attention to the guys that aren't trying to impress you.

Deleted
    I don't think you can group all men into two categories.

nice guys. at least for me anyway. jerks are just adult-sized children, and who wants to spend all day talking to somebody with the maturity of an 11-year-old boy o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Assholes straight from the females moyth asked some friends who are over.

If your definition of success is "more ladies" you seriously need to reevaluate your life.

Anyone who thinks nice guys get laid more is naive.

It's a sad world we live in.

Deleted
    Obviously, the jerk/asshole will be in more failed relationships. So they "get more ladies".

But the nice guys tend to get to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Jerks get laid. Nice guys get married.
    that sums it up :P

Who cares? Stop kowtowing to women. The day you stop worrying about what women want is the first day of freedom.

I dunno, the generic nice guy pretty much hit the nail on my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Who cares? Stop kowtowing to women. The day you stop worrying about what women want is the first day of freedom.
    I had the first 13 years of my life for that... "freedom" sucks.

Depends on the type of girl you want to sleep with.

Why this assumption that all guys lie on one end of the spectrum or the other?

15+ Year Old Account
    Good guys get ladies.

Jerks get bitches.

Protip: There are far more bitches than there are ladies.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

None. Guys with high self esteem, that show determination and charisma gets more ladies. What happens is that usually nice guys are needy, geeks or shy, while jerks have high self esteem. That's why everyone thinks girls like jerks. Got it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    None. Guys with high self esteem, that show determination and charisma gets more ladies.
    Mahatma Gandhi?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

I will never understand why kids people post this kind of stuff on a WoW gaming forum.. There are certainly more appropriate venues for relationship-related questions like this than to ask a bunch of age 10-?? gamers.

ps - like everybody else has said, girls want "assholes" because they're dominant, confident and flirty, but they want to marry / long-term date nice guys. The secret is to have both worlds - be a dominant and confident (but not controlling), but at the same time treat her with respect and class.

pss - If you are on this forum, you are a geek. Thus, please do not mistake of dating a girl who is not also a geek. Why, you may ask? Ask the guy who murdered his wife after she destroyed his collection of Star Wars memorabilia that he had been collecting since his childhood. (Google "Girlfriend destroys Star Wars collection" to find the article. This happened earlier this month). Find a girl who values, or at least respects, the things you enjoy doing - not one who will want to change you.
    Last edited by doubledevil; 2011-11-06 at 08:30 AM.