Companion Question

I've been trying to search for the info on the companions that classes are able to choose from? Does anyone know a good site that compiles all the info thats been released regarding companions and the classes that they go with? (as long as its not breaking the NDA)

Or are you stuck with the same companion for quite a while and then not till later perhaps do you get a chance to choose who to take?

I'm mainly wanting to know if a Sith Warrior or a Sith Inquisitor is able to access Blizz the Jawa earlier than the other... it is a definate decision maker if one class has access earlier than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Royi View Post
    I've been trying to search for the info on the companions that classes are able to choose from? Does anyone know a good site that compiles all the info thats been released regarding companions and the classes that they go with? (as long as its not breaking the NDA)

Or are you stuck with the same companion for quite a while and then not till later perhaps do you get a chance to choose who to take?

I'm mainly wanting to know if a Sith Warrior or a Sith Inquisitor is able to access Blizz the Jawa earlier than the other... it is a definate decision maker if one class has access earlier than the other.
    Neither. Blizz the Jawa is for Bounty Hunter.

Each class gets 5 unique companions - ie, not shared by other classes. There is no duplication. 20 on Sith side, 20 on Jedi side, 40 companions total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each class has it's own set of unique companions (5 or 6 different ones at launch, more being added along the road), and Blizz is a Bounty Hunter exclusive one. Over at http://torwars.com/classes/ they have all confirmed companions per class listed, with links to the companion-page at www.swtor.com

You'll likely have atleast 2 companions before you hit level 20, and you can switch between them on the fly, as long as you're out of combat.
    Last edited by Devirae; 2011-11-03 at 01:34 PM.

You get a companion on the "origin" world - the starting zone, and then you generally get another one by level 20. I'm going to assume based upon this, you generally get one in every 10 level bracket 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc. Although I don't know this for sure, I'm just making guesses, the first part of what I said is true and has been stated multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Royi View Post
    Sorry to break the news to you, Blizz is a bounty hunter only companion. At least at launch, whether they open up extra combinations later who knows.

Deleted
    For Sith warrior : http://www.oldrepublic.net/142-sith-warrior-guide.html
    And for Sith inquisitor http://www.oldrepublic.net/120-sith-inquisitor-guide.html
    You can see everything you want...starship , companions and what skills they give, AC's , abilities etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Sorry to break the news to you, Blizz is a bounty hunter only companion. At least at launch, whether they open up extra combinations later who knows.
    Good point - each base class (Not ACs - Jedi Consular, Not Jedi Consular Sage or Shadow etc.) has access to 5 unique companions that only their class gets, plus an additional companion that everyone gets - your ship's droid, which is unique per faction afaik. So there are at least 40 different companions, plus the two ship droids - that's all they have announced so far to my knowledge, although I they have said that it doesn't mean there only will ever be 5, and there may also be some companions that everyone can get later on and so on, but they haven't gone into specifics of this.

Guess I'm making a BH then as well to experience that Jawa (Jawa's are my favorite SW race)

Thanks for all the info

Deleted
    Skadge from BH is not so bad either