10+ Year Old Account

Should I get a Fight Pad/Arcade Stick

I use a PS3 controller, I'm a decent competitive player on fighting games, however I don't think I'm doing my best, so the question is. Should I get an arcade stick? Or a fight pad? Or just stay with my PS3 controller, personally I think I'm going to get an arcade stick, but what's your take on this?
    Howay the lads!

Some people are better with control pads (PJS Latif, Wolfkrone) and some people are better with joysticks (Daigo, Poongko, J Wong, etc.) It all depends on what is comfortable to you. Most arcade sicks are decent right out of the box, but customizing is a huge majority of the fun. Replacing parts, artwork, structural components...it's all in good fun =D

Two extremely relevant pictures:
    http://i.imgur.com/KkgZD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Skn4I.jpg

NINJA EDIT: My arcade sick is the MadCatz Street Fighter IV Standard Edition (SE). The parts that come default are horrible, and I've replaced all of it with high quality Sanwa parts. I have a JLF white ball top joystick, 6 white 35mm buttons, and 2 black 35mm buttons. I also had a close friend modify the joystick to be cross-compatible with PS3, as well as SNES, Dreamcast, PS1/2...and any other console in existence. I like the original design of the stick, so I didn't really want to mess with it a lot. I have thought about changing it here recently though.

You'll have to excuse the poor lighting in the pictures. My eyes are extremely sensitive to light =P
    Last edited by Kankuri; 2011-11-06 at 11:31 AM.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the official Nintendo arcade controller for the SNES for pretty much every arcade fighting game ever since I have various adapters to hook it up to different systems.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Super...0&tx=125&ty=33

I also don't sit it on my lap when I play. I have a large piece of wood paneling that I extend across my sitting chair that I put a piece of rubber padding on so it doesn't cause discomfort on my arms at the edges.

I don't really like using a standard controller cause the joystick just feels to loose for me and when I try using a D-Pad it ends up cutting into my thumb after a while.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-11-06 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take a joy stick over a controller any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter