Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

MMOChamp TOR forums vs TOR official site forums

OK FIRST this is NOT a flame or troll

now I have been between both MO and the TOR site and I have noticed that I like MMO more. It seems taht the MMO community seems to be more laid back when it comes to making posts about TOR compared to the official site. not to mention a bit more mature.

THOUGHTS why do you use MMO over TOR and what are your thoughts on TOR official.

I personally find the HUGE array of topics and threads a but dizzing and confusing.

Trolls please do not close until it gets bad I just want to see how this community thinks, i like it here most here are very thoughtful and concise with their thoughts
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-07 at 01:03 AM.

I come to this site because it has both SWTOR and WoW. I'll probably stop coming to this site once 12/15 hits and I quit WoW.

I also mostly come to this site out of habit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preffer mmo-champion becouse the people seem more respectfull to eachother. Also like the layout.
    ToR has some nice stuff in the discussion forum but majority of the posts are reven vs *fill in* which turns into a fan vs hater flamewar.

Everyone seems very eager to jump upon each other on the SWTOR forums, people state an opinion that the game should be like SWG, those not of the same opinion shut them down and troll them, stating this isn't SWG2 and they should go away, the same in regards to WoW. Evenin opinions that aren't regarding other MMOs, they just get jumped on, someone is always attacking someone else, I don't understand why, if you know the user very antagonistic user on MMO-Champion that has posted here quite often, Fiend, a lot of them are like him, worse even, it's terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do visit the official site and post occasionally but more and more I try to stay out of there. There are just so many dumb people asking stupid questions, creating stupid polls, bitching about stupid things. I think all official gaming forums have these idiots who are borderline retarded and I just can't stand those people. Most of the time I get banned or infracted or warned because I just can't keep my mouth shut. I must fight stupidity!

I like the discussion here. Especially since we have a great mod around. Even though this site is mostly about WoW but if after launch people keep these forums active, I'll be staying around too.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

The official forums scare me more than a little. Everyone seems so unpleasant there. I've been there a few times, and everytime I end up despairing for the future of humanity!

I've always had a theory about sites like this versus official forum sites for just about any game.

I truly believe that the reason there's so many more whiny people on the officials is because people subconsciously believe that if they are whining in the direction of the source that Blizz/Bioware will read their post and go change the game to alleviate their QQ. On sites like this, if you are QQ'ing you're just doing it to vent, not because you think anything's gonna get done about it.

That's why you randomly see on any given day someone start a "I pre-ordered where's my beta invite?" thread...JUST IN CASE Stephen Reid decides to read it and go "Hey you know what he's right...let's give him a beta right the hell now!"

Deleted
    I'm too used to MMO-c to move to the official TOR site.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love MMO-Champion, but I'll probably leave for a SWTOR focused site as soon as the game is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    I use MMO-C over swtor.com for the same reason I don't use the official WoW forums, they are just too bloated with nonsense. On a site like this you can at least discuss things most of the time. On the official forums where the traffic is insane it always seems you are just trying to shout over others all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason as Conscript. The official forums are so full of trolls that you can't even have a conversation.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-07 at 05:02 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Misleading title is misleading.

And spam is spam. Please post constructively or not at all.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-06 at 05:46 PM.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

I used to prefer here to wow because you could be a bit more crude and adult and not censor yourself, but you can't here anymore either. Plus the very small amount of people posting here makes going to both three only option.

here's to hoping mmoc either develops more towards multi mop format or something just as good for swtor comes along

Its the same thing with the WoW forums btw.

Just way more active as a site and you can discuss other things aswell besides only 1 game.

good to know im not the only 1 that hinks TOR official is a bit bloated with people. I like here beacuse you can be a bit more adult in language without stepping too far outta bounds, mods do a good job keeping repeat threads down to a minimum and are not too fast to slam the infract hammer.

also you can talk more about other games and not have threads closed like guillotine to the neck

the people here are good to discuss with and have some really nice opinions and handle themselves with little flame and trolling. here is to hoping MMO wil open a bit more to allowing a broader range of forums for TOR.

would like a class forum here after launch for a place to go for AC choices and talent commentary.

see you all at launch

Definitely prefer this site, but it is a WOW-focused site so eventually it will end. The main thing I really can't stand on the official forums is the apparent need to brag about having the CE edition pre-ordered. Just funny how many of those kids that spent their parents cash to get the CE edition feel the need to isolate themselves to a "higher class". Also like others have pointed out the trolling, but Trolls really keeps this section of MMO locked down and enjoyable.

Deleted
    People posting on MMO-Champ have been doing so for quite a while. I've been reading here for years, posting for a little under that time. The SWTOR forums are outside my comfort zone, and besides, you get all the important stuff here, after it has been edited down to the most useful info.

Also, MMO is better moderated.

I clearly prefer MMOChamp's TOR section over SWTOR official forums, for only one huge reason : SWTOR are crippled with people who don't have a clue about precise game mechanics, and who don't give a fuck about it. It seems like they're 90% of casuals who just want to live the Star Wars movies again.
    Meanwhile, here I'm pretty sure that if I start a topic about how much a difference there would be gameplay wise between a 1.5sec GCD and 1sec GCD, I'll find a lot of constructive answers, instead of swtor.com's massive "I don't care it's just 0.5 sec".

10+ Year Old Account
    The official WoW boards are a "hear-no-evil, see-no-evil" type deal, you're not allowed to criticize anything w/o being totaly trashed for it. Which, come to think of it, is not really unexpected, what with them being the official boards and all.

The official TOR forums are plagued with misinformed people and flaming kids. The only good thing about them for me personally is that I like the CMs much more than Blizzard's. Otherwise, I wouldn't even try posting there unless I'm paid for it.

MMO-C is full of trolls and "my game is better than your game" type flamewars, but it's a more laid back community due its size and the fact that its now branching out towards multiple games. It's also kind of a second-stop site (EJ and specialized sites being a third-stop deal), so many people here actually have a clue about game mechanics and what to expect from them. So there's actually a chance of semi-intelligent discussion taking place on MMO-C.
    I've been here for a while and I prefer to stay.

Every forum has its flaws, I tend to avoid any kind of official boards in general because they are the first stop for trolls and people who are either too lazy to do research on the game or are purposefully spreading misinformation. It doesn't really have to be that way, but it's an established trend, has been for a while with most online games.

It's a sad trend to be sure, but you have to be realistic and acknowledge it.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-06 at 06:27 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

On MMO-Champion, the moderation is well done, the forum layout is great (even the little things like thread icons to indicate status).

Official forums are good for raw information, but there really isn't much discussion going on, just little snips here and there, unconnected posts, and an overall lopsided viewpoint. This goes for any game really, TOR, WoW, SOE's games ..

For MMO-Champion, the diversity of topics is really nice.. get tired of talking about something, open up your mind and switch categories completely.

The users are generally quality people & gamers, regardless of how heated some topics get.

The ability to post links just about anywhere, post pictures, relevant videos is great here too (as a neutral website). The official TOR site lightened up on Gamebreaker, but they would do other stuff, like delete links to other forums with interesting discussions going on, deleting links to webcasts like MMOurge. It makes sense, sure, because they don't want customers looking at commentaries for other games - but it's restrictive all the same.

I haven't seen another forum site match the quality of MMO-Champion (though some are trying). MMO-C can probably capture alot of former/current WoW gamers, but it's likely that most who switch will never know about our little corner on this site
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-07 at 02:05 AM. Reason: added "MMO-Champion" in the beginning