Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    and i hope they stick with the nox-realm thing. people will slowly learn that if they troll/bash/rage they will be called out and blacklisted and find themselves very lonely in a large world
    Well there was some small passing of player bounties not making it into launch, but maybe later. A little bit of a bounty system might also keep the trolls in their caves. Specially if some bounty hunters are willing to do the deed for a mere two credits.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

Deleted
    1 month for europe servers will be like
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash
    server crash

Bioware: Hmmmm guys maybe we should have had some testing for europe..

other than that i think i will be nice

I think there will be a lot of bugged quests. I've played through multiple mainstream MMO launches and every single one had plenty of bugged quests. Also a lot of people asking which class is the most OP.

I think we'll see these (no offense intended, just in good fun:P )

1. MMO newbies. Star Wars fans who never played MMOs before will be coming in. You'll see people with next to no clue on modern mmo mechanics come in e.g. kids playing Jedi Knights rolling need on cloth items, people putting talents in all 3 trees at low level and doing weird things.

2. MMO veterans who haven't been playing most modern mmos. An example is on SWTOR forums where some posters (who stopped MMO-ing after Everquest 1) were complaining that Bioware was being weak for even considering dual specing. "Choices should have severity! No respeccing allowed!". Not that they're wrong per se, but their expectations are really... from a different time. They also believed that entire raids would be okay with waiting 20 mins for 1 person to travel back to the respec trainer to respec if needed. Well... not really.

3. Bitter ex-WoWers who will play the game for 1 hour, then start posting in chat/forums that the game's terrible and WoW was better, then go back to WoW.

4. Bitter ex-WoWers (part 2) who will spam chat about how much SWTOR is better. And proceed to flame anyone who came from wow and might use it as a frame of reference when asking for help. E.g " Hey guys, what class should I play if I liked rogues in wow?" "WTF GTFO YOU NOOB THIS ISNT WOW"

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post

1. MMO newbies. Star Wars fans who never played MMOs before will be coming in. You'll see people with next to no clue on modern mmo mechanics come in e.g. kids playing Jedi Knights rolling need on cloth items, people putting talents in all 3 trees at low level and doing weird things.

2. MMO veterans who haven't been playing most modern mmos. An example is on SWTOR forums where some posters (who stopped MMO-ing after Everquest 1) were complaining that Bioware was being weak for even considering dual specing. "Choices should have severity! No respeccing allowed!". Not that they're wrong per se, but their expectations are really... from a different time. They also believed that entire raids would be okay with waiting 20 mins for 1 person to travel back to the respec trainer to respec if needed. Well... not really.

3. Bitter ex-WoWers who will play the game for 1 hour, then start posting in chat/forums that the game's terrible and WoW was better, then go back to WoW.

4. Bitter ex-WoWers (part 2) who will spam chat about how much SWTOR is better. And proceed to flame anyone who came from wow and might use it as a frame of reference when asking for help. E.g " Hey guys, what class should I play if I liked rogues in wow?" "WTF GTFO YOU NOOB THIS ISNT WOW"
    Well played, this will be very true.

I would add one in there.

5. SWG players whose game just got turned off due to "the new Star Wars game" complaining about how the game isn't a sandbox and they can't build their own cities and run for mayor and shit.

I swear some ex SWG (recent players mind you, I played the game for several years) people have the capability to be the most whiney vocal minority i have ever seen in any MMO.

LAggy but hella fun on a pvp server, once you hit neutral planets. People will probably whine about SI/JC stealther ganks, calling for nerfs
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    LAggy but hella fun on a pvp server, once you hit neutral planets. People will probably whine about SI/JC stealther ganks, calling for nerfs
    They think they have a gank and then I pop up on my operative and take em out.

IA/Smuggler ganking is much worse than SI/JC imo. Once theres not an NDA we can talk turkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be expecting a lot of "Where do I go for (insert quest, person, objective, item, whatever here)?" even though said question was answered less than 30 seconds ago. Also I'll expect a lot of WoW comparisons. Oh and you can't forget the need rolls people will do on loot that they can't even use. Oh and possibly items on the auction house that are horribly overpriced even if it's a easily obtained item or reagent or whatever.

Oh and 2 more things. Lag and possible server problems. Lots of both.

But you know what will make all of it worth it?

I GET TO USE A FREAKING *LIGHTSABER* MAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Probably lots of balance issues, population issues, individual realms that have 10x the players of other realms. Lots of pain in the ass people. It should be fun, I probably won't be getting it, but Bioware is a good company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely server queues, the starter zones are going to be jam-packed with people, people will be complaining about EVERYTHING, the same three questions will be asked ad nauseum (How do I complete this quest? When do I get real weapons? How many of you are from WoW? etc). It'll be just like every other launch. I'm probably going to turn chat off for the first 3 or 4 MONTHS, and just talk to my guild. If the past games I've beta'd/foundered in are any indication, it's not going to be smooth.

Thankfully they seem to be 'tiering' the early access crowd, the earlier you ordered the sooner you get to start, or something like that. Meaning, hopefully, a LARGE portion of people will be through the starting areas and into the higher levels by the time the rest of the players start, which makes more room for them and less crowding...although I still expect a ton of crowding, mob camping, and whining. LOTS of whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post

This^

Same thing happened in Rift.

They feel so superior because they have left WoW, that they have to flame anyone who doesn't also hate WoW.

And they wonder why people will troll them in chat... just to see them erupt in anti-WoW tirades.

"Bitter" is a good word for them.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be awesome.

I have faith...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    5. SWG players whose game just got turned off due to "the new Star Wars game" complaining about how the game isn't a sandbox and they can't build their own cities and run for mayor and shit.
    I guffawed and spilled beer on my shirt when I read this.

I think these people should try a casual simulator like Sims/SimCity or smth. And then pretend their main character is a Mon Calamari/Wookie half-breed that is renowned for his pazzak-playing skills in the Outer Rim.

Or petition the company that made those games for a moisture farming simulator.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    lots of lag, griefing, getting annoyed by people killing your questmobs, and getting stuck at the 1 quest which requires you to right click that 1 special frog (Aion, I'm looking at you!)
    This doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post

I think these people should try a casual simulator like Sims/SimCity or smth. And then pretend their main character is a Mon Calamari/Wookie half-breed that is renowned for his pazzak-playing skills in the Outer Rim.

LMAO'ed as well... I actually really like RPers (in WOW at least, they tend to be the more mature players and nicer overall), and was thinking of trying some out myself. But in SWTOR's official forums, the RPers really look like they're a few fries short of a happy meal. "Why my lightsaber no chop other player's legs off??? NOT REALISTIC. Why can't I be every single obscure alien briefly mentioned in the Expanded Universe??? SO LIMITED"

These aren't players who want to role play for the sake of immersion, they're nitpicky nerds who expect to have consecutive orgasms upon logging into the game. And there's a chance their whining might make developers take notice and do something silly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post

You realize that swtor will be a lot more "casual" than SWG,right?

Anyway I can understand why some SWG players would be a bit cranky, their game kinda shut down because of swtor
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

it will be the exact same as every other mmo that has released in the last few years

every game is always over hyped, including wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    it will be the exact same as every other mmo that has released in the last few years

every game is always over hyped, including wow
    ^clearly hasn't played the beta

Videos don't do the game (or any game) justice.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    ^clearly hasn't played the beta

Videos don't do the game (or any game) justice.
    my point exactly

I have no concerns about game balance, class balance, polish, etc etc.

What DOES concern me is the community. There's people already crying about PvP, gear, Operations, Flashpoints, companions, clothing, pets, mounts, space combat etc etc.. and they HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME!! Not even Beta!!!!

That just shows an absurd amount of stupidity imho, judging something without experiencing it first, in any way, shape or form. I will be playing simply because I have a LOT of appreciation for Bioware and their games, back to playing Neverwinter Nights. Not to mention how awesome Mass Effect, Kotor and Dragon Age games are. They just really haven't put out a lot of crap, so i don't see this being terrible either, and they'll get my money because in the past it's always been well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.