Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They should simply add a requirement to have BB exalted, that would even things out a bit
    Or well, simply make a new achievement. Insane is the hardest. Hero of shattrath was easier. Sholozar mercenary is a joke. Cata didn't even have a rep-grind achievement.

It's time for a new insane grind-fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I want something for being exalted D:
    the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    The worst part is players get shafted real content for an isle of "fluffing around"
    I guess Blizz is saving all the content for after the other mmo's hit.
    how are we getting "shafted content"? Dragon soul is actually a really awesome instance, and the 5 mans are really well done as well, this patch (for me at least) makes up for the dryness that has been the previous patches of cata

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    This title is meaningless now. No more having to do tons of diremaul runs for librams and goblin rep, and the amount of time and gold in the ah for cards and diamonds, farming the mats and figuring what you all needed to turn in the librams. All the trips from Diremaul back and forth to feathermoon hold.

They need to add a new title cause if you didn't get this with the FoS for shendralar, it means nothing.
    This just in, titles don't actually mean anything anyways.

It still takes a while to actually get the title. I don't see any harm in this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It makes it cheaper but that's about it. Quests will only grant 250 rep each and there's only a handful of dailies, it's actualy alot longer to do it without the cards.

It's going to take many months to reach exalted from quests alone, whereas now you can just buy all the cards and turn them in all in one go.
    as for now u can earn 1250 rep from dailies and u need 42999 to go from 0 neutral to 999 exalted

42999/1250=34,3992 so roughly 35 days to get exalted, thats not months.

tho this is just on the PTR might change one its live

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 06:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vendexa View Post
    At first I was like mehh, then I remembered the hell that is ravenholdt and steamwheedle. Good luck grinding on those mobs for 20+ hours. I know i'll never do that again.
    if we get "battle.net account wide achies" in Mop you do not have to do it again

It was called "The Insane" because of the insane time involvement, to keep reducing the time & effort required for it, kinda takes the feel good factor once completing it away.

I don't even have the title myself, so not biased :P

It became a joke now. Its gonna be a new Jenkins soon. I was so happy when they added the insane, finally it was something to work on, after Scarab Lord, but nooooooo the have to make everything easy for casuals.

just ask people that don't care if you can turn the cards in for them and you get it easy... Had a friend that did that and spent 0g on it and got it by just spamming trade chat the first time Darkmoon faire was out in cata lol. The January time.

Deleted
    I just hope they add something else retarded, for ppl with the time to do things like the insane before they get nerfed.
    If I hadn't put so much time and effort into my insane title I probably wouldn't even show it anymore.
    And snowflakes, doesnt everyone want to be special? no shen'd = not Insane imo, DM runs would have made u insane irl if u were not already, let alone the junkboxes (kudos to non rogues who lvld a rogue to farm their own boxes)
    this title requires actually minimal grinding, the only factions u cant buy 100% are BB and SWC(cloth to neutral) and with the amounts of gold pretty much thrown at players now it makes the title even easier to obtain.
    Last edited by mmoce47bb2e1c5; 2011-11-07 at 08:48 AM.

They should also take away the Explorer title. That's way too easy to get now that you can fly everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flexible for acquiring rep. I doubt it's going to be 'easier' like what Cata changes did. ( Guild rep increase, removal of a rep, etc )

More power if it's easier for some folks. I hope Blizzard just adds more crazy, time-consuming things then to top the Insane grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Wat is the faire thing on live nw?

All I know is that my girlfriend keeps complaining about it. She was ticked off when they removed Shendralar from the requirements, and she's steamed about the DMF thing. Honestly, while it may be easier to get exalted with the DMF, I don't think that will make people go, "Well, I might as well get exalted with Ravenholdt and Steamwheelde now."

I agree with the people saying that they should add a new "hardcore" title. It seems like it's due.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    as for now u can earn 1250 rep from dailies and u need 42999 to go from 0 neutral to 999 exalted

42999/1250=34,3992 so roughly 35 days to get exalted, thats not months.

tho this is just on the PTR might change one its live

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 06:20 AM ----------

if we get "battle.net account wide achies" in Mop you do not have to do it again
    Might be 35 days. Then remember that DMF is only available one week every month. So thats about 5 months to get exalted by doing all quests every week they are there. Going with your numbers, which could change for better or worse. But 5 months?? Im glad i did it with the decks. Took less time.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read, the removal of the Dire Maul rep wasn't completely a nerf. You get about half as many lockboxes from BRS now (the best way to obtain them outside of Tyr's Hand, which has gone), and the Syndicate mobs are gone from Durnholde Keep. Bloodsail isn't the easiest grind now that the mobs hit like freight trains on 85s. It's still a hard title, but it'll be interesting to see if the DMF quests remain as dailies, or are just turned to once per occurance type thing, even if they're limited to rep.

But seriously, quit whining about the changes to the insane. If you really wanted it, you would've done it long before such changes occurred.

Deleted
    I Demand a NEW Insane title. May be THE INSANE 2.0 or something but to keep the same spirit of mindless grinding and AH waiting for a proud title that less then 10 ppl on the server has.

Deleted
    ITT: special snowflakes who actually think that titles in a video game ever meant anything in the first place

sup snowflakes

This just means one less almost completely unseeded faction you have to specifically look up how to get rep with.

You shouldn't be to surprised by any of this. I mean it is the direction every single aspect of the game is taking -- ie: expanding the cookie jar and the number of hands that can dip into it at once thus making a lot more people with cookies. It happened to raiding, pvp, and it will with achievements too. Some of this I have to say is normal though. As achievements grow in age they should get easier -- and newer more challenging ones should appear to replace them. The problem is the "Insane" set the bar and really not to many achievements beyond that have met it before or after.

Just look at it like a raider. Last year heroic LK was tough, and I just pugged him this week. People received titles and achievement points equal to someone that did it when it was the hottest thing on the streets. You might just have to face the fact as time goes by and the game changes older and more challenging achievements will grow easier and less valuable and newer more challenging ones "need" to appear to replace them. If anything that is where you should be looking to for a solution: making challenging achievements like Insane beyond Insane.

Deleted
    I got it years ago, it wasn't hard, it just took me 3 months of grinding it.

It's kinda worthless now anyway. It doesn't matter, I've still got the date on my achievment. (Just like Light of dawn and stuff ike that)