Deleted

Should i get Skyrim?

Hello

Basically, in short, i am wanting to get Skyrim, as it looks pretty damn good (understatement), however ive never played any of the other Elder Scrolls, so is there any point in getting it?

I will ofcourse get the other games in time if i do get Skyrim, but i would get Skyrim first

Thanks

Deleted
    as the biggest elder scrolls fan in the world :P i say get morrowing and oblivion first skyrim may ruin them for you as each one is a bit more simple than the last.

but yes get skyrim it is being really under looked by all the game stores and by a lot of gamers because they are pretending to be too cool and saying dark souls or whatever it was will be better... it wont

yes yes and a thousand times yes!

The lore of the previous games does flesh out the story, but the stories aren't directly connected. You can play Skyrim and understand what's going on just fine if it's your first Elder Scrolls game. Just pay attention, and take things slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Yes you should.

I started with Oblivion and there really weren't any spots where I felt like I had to play Morrowind to understand the game.

You'll love it

Deleted
    Thanks ill get it and morrowind (as i can pick it up for like 50p) and then oblivion when i get the money

I would compare the elder scrolls franchise to the warcraft franchise. Sure, you can play World of Warcraft (Skyrim) without ever having played a Warcraft (Elder Scrolls) game and you will probably enjoy it. However, if you played Warcraft I, II, and III (morrowind, oblivion, arena, daggerfall) you will probably appreciate the story and understand the world and lore more then you would if you hadn't played the previous titles.

Yes you should get it, but if you get it now, Skyrim will never fail to be buggy until the patch it months down the road. I would say to wait for a GOTY edition >.>
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US