Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not gonna rush, gonna take my time and try to get into the lore :P

Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    LOL this is funny even tho i hate Tom, but i did this at the start of cata when they nerfed all the roics, i love the roics they reminded me of BC roics but then they nerfed em and it felt like wotlk roics so i unsubed and about 3 months ago i completely deleted wow off my comp, so yeah ive already done this but still funny.
    on topic tho im gona play it like its a MMO theres plenty of single player games out there if u want to play solo, this is not one of them
    meh wiping with random strangers because they're complete tards got boring so fast..

Deleted
    bask in the glory of the sheer awesome sauce of bioware games, as an inquisitor
    Last edited by mmoc2d5f69e621; 2011-11-07 at 11:02 AM. Reason: grammar fail

10+ Year Old Account
    In my Star Wars boxers, drinking Pepsi from my Star Wars mug.

Honestly, I will level all classes to 50 since I want to experience every class story. And that alone will take months and months. I will doing endgame stuff with my main and of course bunch of PvP.
    I've said this many times before. This is my "Jesus Game". Bioware + Star Wars + MMO = Perfection.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    1 Char, level with efficiency 1-50, will only break the pattern to gank every Republic scum I come across.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will be running a Sith Inquisitor or Warrior with my brother whenever he has time. Then enjoy the IA and BH story lines whenever he's not available. Might even try the republic classes, but I won't commit to that.

I have already plotted out the character creation for all 8 classes (yay Beta lol) - so after making them all, I will spend my first 5 days getting through the starter areas with my husband - sleep is optional =p

I figure not all of our friends will get the full 5 days of early release, so we'll just get all jobs to level 10 while waiting for everyone to get into the game. After that, it's slow-playing as a group to enjoy the stories together

Have almost 3 weeks off from work.

Will be leveling an IA from 1-50 solo and quickly, to gather mats and money to push through lower level toons. Get my 2 other toons BH and SI to level 10 and out of starting areas.

When my wife is available i will be leveling a Sith Jugg with her BH.

Oh yea, create a republican trooper named Farva to play later on when i get around to that faction

Gonna take my time and play like it's a new Bioware single player game. Will see what happens at level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    On a computer.

In all seriousness, pretty much like a singleplayer and take my time with leveling.
    If it gets good reviews and looks stable after a month basically this. Turn off the chat and play it like a single player rpg. I have zero interest in the instances in this game because ranged tanking literally makes no sense to me after playing shield and board for so many years.

Very casually. I'm going to be keeping up my WoW sub and that takes priority: 4.3 will have released by the time SWTOR does most likely, and I need to ensure I've done everything in that (keep up with dailies, achievements, etc.). But in my own time I'll likely give SWTOR a go. A few of my guildies are also trying it out, so we may do a few dungeons as we level. But for the most part I'll be treating it like a single player game, just like all the other Bioware games I've played and love.

Maybe I'll get to level cap, maybe I won't. But I'll enjoy myself and go at my own pace whatever happens.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If it gets good reviews and looks stable after a month basically this. Turn off the chat and play it like a single player rpg. I have zero interest in the instances in this game because ranged tanking literally makes no sense to me after playing shield and board for so many years.
    You can do melee tanking too, just like you know and love. Sure you won't have a shield, but that's just an aesthetic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I'm going to treat TOR as a multiplayer RPG that I'll play for a month, more than likely. I'll rush a character to 50 (goal is to hit 50 within 5 days; an easy task, considering I'll be done with school and only working 20 hours that week). I don't have much faith in the endgame, but I'll have more than 3 weeks to dink around with it, tell my guildies about it, and then eventually make up my mind on whether or not it's worth sticking around (which, I'm 99% confident it will NOT be, at least not for the first year of release, like most MMORPGs).

All I really care about in an MMORPG is the endgame. If the endgame doesn't deliver, then there's no reason to play it after hitting max level on one character for me.
    In my view the WORST mistake anyone can make with this mmo is to rush to max level. Bioware is pushing storyline and leveling very hard core and it has me concerned that the end game might end up being week. More then likely the leveling process is specifically designed to give Bioware lee-way to work on more end game content.

ToR end game feels a lot like Rift, but with player ships being like houses. 5 boss raid with 16 people should sound very similar to what Rift released with, but now it is packed at end game. I think best approach is to take it slow.

Perhaps. I don't really play MMOs for the story or role-play value though, and I want to be able to judge TOR's endgame as quickly as possible so I can tell my friends/guildies "yay" or "nay." If the endgame is bad, there's nothing stopping me from checking TOR out again a patch or two later. Rift had a pretty good endgame, but it was basically a worse version of WoW's, so I quit.
    Although by doing so, you're missing out on the vast majority of the game's initial launch content. It's like rushing through 2/3 of a single player game to then just play the last bit properly. The levelling is much slower than WoW, it's more akin to Vanilla WoW, it's not something you're going to breeze through in 10 hours like Cataclysm, you're going to be at it for a while, and even then, you have to wait for enough people to be max level and everything before you can actually start the end game. Not only this, but there is onyl currently one raid at launch, so it's not like there's even a load of endgame content either. Sure, they are currently working on a second, but it won't be in at launch so far as I know, so basically you're going to rush through most of the game to see a tiny fraction of it. There's not much point.

Of course, it's your choice, but I think it would be a mistake, and I think by doing so you're just setting yourself up to be disappointed and to quit, so I'd suggest you just save yourself the money and stop while you're ahead. I only mean this in that the levelling is the major part of the Launch content, skipping such a large portion of the game isn't going to leave you with many options, and as I say, you'll have to wait around for enough players to do the end game anyhow, so you're going to find that the game feels lifeless and empty as you wait for the community of players at max level to actually build up.

From my understanding too, you aim to hit 50 within 5 days - unless you already know the quests, I'd aim at the least for 8 days, and they still would be 8 days of pretty much waking up and just playing. 30 days isn't going to be enough for you to get to max level, gear up, get a full team and experience the raid content, not unless you already have plans set in motion, it's just not going to happen.
    Last edited by Raeli; 2011-11-07 at 04:48 PM.

I understand where you guys are coming from; but I'm not you guys. ;P I do not care if the leveling experience is the best thing that's ever happened to gaming. I'm not an altaholic. I'm an endgame player. I stick with one character and call it good. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate leveling alts, and find all gameplay unrewarding and meaningless if it takes place before max level. That's just how I am.

No matter how fast and hardcore I play TOR, I will have PLEEEEEEEEEENTY of people to play with at max level, don't worry. I took a character to max level in Rift in less than a week, and had tons of people to run Experts/Raids with. I hit 85 the day Cata came out, and started PUGing heroics within an hour of hitting 85. I started raiding the same week.

I'll hit 50 in TOR within a week of it launching, and be able to report to my guildies, forums, RL friends, etc. on many things including:

- Initial difficulty of the endgame.
    - Amount of content currently available.
    - A good idea of how balanced PvP is.
    - The quality of the currently available endgame content.
    - Relative difficulty of the leveling process.
    - Amount of stuff to do at max level outside of PvP and raiding.

This will all just be a first impression of course, made in less than a month...but they say first impressions are the most important, right? ;P And from there I can decide whether or not I'll be sticking around.
    I think you are setting yourself up for a dissapointment then, you are just randomly hoping a game will be what you want it to be instead of choosing a game that suggests it already is what you are looking for.

I'm not saying the game will have no endgame or even bad endgame, but at least for awhile (before it goes terrible like WoW where endgame "Raid or die" is the only thing) it is going to be less then others by what has been said so far.

Even with future expansions they are still gonna have to put in a lot of work with story and definitely voice acting so unless they just have unlimited resources endgame will have less focus then other games can afford.

Also by rushing and giving your initial "reports" they will be somewhat skewed because the majority of players wouldn't of gotten there yet to give bulk feedback and make it better/change it.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I am setting myself up for disappointment, but if that really is the case, I do not mind. Most of my friends that are MMO fans and pretty much all of my guildies want substantial, enduring, difficult, and fun endgame content. I don't mind being disappointed if TOR fails to provide that, like I said in my first post in this thread, I'm not going into TOR looking at it as a permanent replacement for WoW. I'm merely scouting. ;D I'll test the endgame waters and see if it's worth the dive, then report to my friends/guildies how I felt about it. Either way I'll have some fun with it I'm sure. You guys act like I'm not going to enjoy the game by rushing to max level, but that is how I enjoy MMOs, regardless of whether or not TOR punishes speed-levelers I'll have some fun.
    I'm not gonna judge you because you are going to rush to endgame. Sure, I'm disappointed that some people choose to do so and ignore something BioWare has worked so hard on. But it is your choice and I respect it. My only concern is that since you will be one of the fast levelers, endgame might not provide you with something that want/need and THAT is a concern. I do hope you give it time and not turn away from the game only because SWTOR didn't give you things you needed after a week or so.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much like a single player RPG unless my friend or guildies want to group of for shyte.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    ...drinking Pepsi from my Star Wars mug.
    I got one of those from Pizza Hut ~15 years ago!

I'm going to take my time with leveling, obviously want a taste of the story. After reaching 50 on my main, which is going to be a Bounty Hunter Powertech, I'll start taking things a bit more seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to watch it slowly die and becoming a free microtransaction game like all other MMO's that try to compete with teh KING

Don't troll. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-11-07 at 06:24 PM.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    I'm going to watch it slowly die and becoming a free microtransaction game like all other MMO's that try to compete with teh KING
    So yeah uh, don't let door hit you while you GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    No king rules forever.