Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    So yeah uh, don't let door hit you while you GTFO.
    Awh, did i hurt your feelings? I'm pretty sure i'm allowed to have a opinion, no need to get rude. Please close the door gently when walking out, thank you!
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Deleted
    Im gonna level up with 3 friends, doing dungeons and exploring. Havent read much at all about swtor gameplay or watched vids so going in fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    Awh, did i hurt your feelings? I'm pretty sure i'm allowed to have a opinion, no need to get rude. Please close the door gently when walking out, thank you!
    When you troll/ flamebait, no, you're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to play it almost as if its a single player game with a few old friends from other games / RL friends.

I've already committed to raiding in WoW until at least the end of cataclysm.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have one character to play with a friend and one character to be a completionist and do everything I possibly can when he's not on.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    Going as fast to 50 as can so Ic an raid, while trying not to comprimise the game's story telling.
    This is impossible. Skipping through all cut scenes and interactions is roughly a 30 hour savings while leveling 1-50. However you will get absolutely nothing from the story by doing this.

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I dont think you will be able to hit 50 in a week, you need people to help you do flashpoints.
    You can hit 50 in a week, it would be an extremely long (~15hrs/day playtime) and grindy week and you would have to skip the entire story, crafting, socializing, and anything enjoyable outside of being high level fast.

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 01:16 PM ----------

Unfortunately with the design of PvP there will be a large number of people who do this. Players who hit level 50 within the first 2 weeks will dominate other lower level players who are doing it during the leveling process.

I know of certain PvP guilds that will be power rushing premade groups of 4 to 50 just for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post

I'll hit 50 in TOR within a week of it launching, and be able to report to my guildies, forums, RL friends, etc. on many things including:

- Initial difficulty of the endgame.
    - Amount of content currently available.
    - A good idea of how balanced PvP is.
    - The quality of the currently available endgame content.
    - Relative difficulty of the leveling process.
    - Amount of stuff to do at max level outside of PvP and raiding.

This will all just be a first impression of course, made in less than a month...but they say first impressions are the most important, right? ;P And from there I can decide whether or not I'll be sticking around.
    No matter how fast of a power leveler you are, no way will you hit 50 within a week of launch. Even if you sleep/eat/use the facilities 3-4 hours total a day it won't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
    No matter how fast of a power leveler you are, no way will you hit 50 within a week of launch. Even if you sleep/eat/use the facilities 3-4 hours total a day it won't be done.
    Don't want to burst your bubble but someone who has been through beta can easily make it in this time frame. See my post above.

15+ Year Old Account
    "How are you going to play TOR"

Vicariously

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Don't want to burst your bubble but someone who has been through beta can easily make it in this time frame. See my post above.
    True, but that time frame isn't factoring in the inevitable downtime often associated with launches, the fact that he will be out leveling most other people and will not be able to do Heroic group quests nor be able to solo them while they still give exp, and more issues. I'll amend my statement to say I find it highly unlikely that you will hit 50 within a week of launch. Best of luck to you though in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on my guild, honestly. Truthfully, I'd like to level one to 50, then another, and another, etc. But if the guild just wants to level one, then start in with raiding or whatever, that's what I'll have to do, since my first char will be our main tank >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to watch and soak in every line of dialogue and click every option possible. Ive found this to be crazy mad fun in beta. I spend more time chatting with NPCs than killing monsters. I seriously click every dialogue option for every screen. I never just push esc and burn thru the story content. This is the best damn part of the game, its like watching a rly long star wars movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I know of certain PvP guilds that will be power rushing premade groups of 4 to 50 just for this reason.
    I think there was a recent dev post or update that said "pre-mades" will be limited to something like 3-4 people. Of coarse if they are the only ones entering battlegrounds at that time they will likely be placed together but once more people come they would be lucky if thier small groups were placed in the same bg.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I think there was a recent dev post or update that said "pre-mades" will be limited to something like 3-4 people. Of coarse if they are the only ones entering battlegrounds at that time they will likely be placed together but once more people come they would be lucky if thier small groups were placed in the same bg.
    ok so explain this to me because here is a issue I am having in my head with math.

Typical server in the year 2011 holds 2,000 players online at one time before the queue's start. Now you already do not have x-server LFG, so automatically you REQUIRE 50/50% server balance or one side will see higher queue's.

Now reduce the number of people you have a chance to be grouped with because you are in a pre made.

My question how is this single server war front thing going to be anything other then a complete disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    ok so explain this to me because here is a issue I am having in my head with math.

Typical server in the year 2011 holds 2,000 players online at one time before the queue's start. Now you already do not have x-server LFG, so automatically you REQUIRE 50/50% server balance or one side will see higher queue's.

Now reduce the number of people you have a chance to be grouped with because you are in a pre made.

My question how is this single server war front thing going to be anything other then a complete disaster?
    I dunno, I was wrong about the 3-4 man premades anyways, appearently it can be a group of 8 that can enter BGs

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue either, live servers are not up yet and we do not know how fast and how many people wll be leveling up to certain levels for battleground numbers in the first few weeks as I was explaining. It will be low either way though because for every person who rushes through the bulk of the game there are likely several who are playing it to its fullest meaning that at first there will be relatively few making battlegroups and even fewer making pre mades for the first while at least.

I can't pretend to know what the exact numbers will be more then anyone else, or how successful those premades will be when the total numbers of PVPers will be relatively small (and every one that is eligible for end game PVP near the beginning of launch will likely have the plan to be hardcore, making it harder for a less diverse group to succeed)
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a group of 4 you can enter with, not 8.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Probably going to play it as a single player RPG for a while. Take my time and enjoy the leveling experience and story, then see what the endgame has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I think you missed my point, 4 is the maximum you can queue with. If you have a group of 4 50s who are coordinated queue up, they are going to have some serious advantages over players half their level.

Single player with a chat feature. Once I get to max level I may see what end game content there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post

Pre-mades arent going to reduce your matchmaking value. The queues should not be terrible with some same faction huttballs smoohting things out.

Although i do agree that faction imbalance is going to have to be addressed, and it will be interesting to see how BW does this.
    They could go as far to locking down factions on certain servers or moving faction selection before server selection.