Poll: Where do i come from?

Where am I from?

EDIT: Just want to remind the poll is about me, and where you would say I come from after meeting me in real life, I'm not asking where you come from - I see someone said Czech republic in the poll... I probably shouldn't have put that option up

This thread is pretty pointless, but I'm trying to gather some opinions here so bear with me.

The question I am asking here is: If you met me in real life, where would you say I am from?

Here's why I am asking; My father's father was French, but his mother was Half German, Half Czech, he mostly grew up in France with the vast majority of his holidays spent visiting his grand parents in Germany (Both of whom died in the last 10 years, thus I have been able to meet). His parents never married and he wore his Mother's German surname, which he passed on to me. (I'm not going to say it here, but you can easily find out... Hint: It's German for cabbage. Seriously, it is.)

On the flipside, Both of my mother's parents were pure Spaniards, however she was born during her mom's visit to family that had immigrated to South America, and although they went back to Spain straight after, the way things would turn out she ended up going back to the US in her teens and did a good deal of her education there, where she got American citizenship and passed that on to me, making me an American Citizen owning an American passport issued by the US Embassy of Paris. (I have never lived in the US, and only went tthere for a few weeks when I was 3 years old, go figure.)

I was born in Paris, where my mother had gone to for post-graduate courses at the Sorbonne university and met my father, who was just starting his career as a bank manager, and who'd have guessed, eventually the bank he worked at collapsed, and he got a job at a Bank in England, so we left Paris when I was only 6 months old.

My father would then be transferred to his bank's German counterpart, and later back... This type of thing would keep on happening for the years to come; I would even see myself go back to France for about 2 years, but England was by far the place I stayed in for the longest time. Sure this time was not consecutive, but I eventually came to consider English my main language, even though the language we spoke at home was French.

But due to this mix-up of languages, I speak English with a peculiar accent, it isn't distinctively French (especially since I for one say my R's right, unlike most French people attempting to speak English...) but nevertheless everyone concurs that if my accent is to be categorized, it is indeed from France, so I definitely don't sound local here, nor do I have a local sounding name (My parents decided to give me German first name to match my surname)
    Last edited by BruhnDK; 2011-11-07 at 01:48 AM.
    My armory
    DK tanking stuffs since WoTLK beta's first day of release.

Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.
    Most fail troll thread ever. Featuring Boub as last post!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BruhnDK View Post
    I was born in Paris
    France, you was born there

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    If you were born in France then that is where you're from.

Incidentally, if you move to Canada speaking English and French perfectly you'll instantly have a job almost anywhere, and they pay very well.

Quote Originally Posted by PobodysNerfect View Post
    France, you was born there
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If you were born in France then that is where you're from.

Incidentally, if you move to Canada speaking English and French perfectly you'll instantly have a job almost anywhere, and they pay very well.
    And left when I was 6 months, so according to you if both your parents are American but decide to go on holidays in China just before you are born then come back home, that makes you Chinese rather than American? :P

I only came back to live there during 2 years, that's 2.5 years of my life in France total, which brings me back to my question, am I really French..?

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I said I lived there, not that I come from there, I left that part as an open question :P
    Last edited by BruhnDK; 2011-11-07 at 12:59 AM.
    My armory

Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.

15+ Year Old Account
    And left when I was 6 months, so according to you if both your parents are American but decide to go on holidays in China just before you are born then come back home, that makes you Chinese? :P
    Technically. What does your birth certificate say?

Deleted
    And left when I was 6 months, so according to you if both your parents are American but decide to go on holidays in China just before you are born then come back home, that makes you Chinese? :P

I only came back to live there 2 years, that's 2.5 years of my life in France total, which brings me back to my question, am I really French..?
    Technically yes, you are from France. Your nationality however is French/English.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Technically. What does your birth certificate say?
    It says born in Paris, although due to the large quantity of nationalities I was eligible for, it lists my nationality as Dual French & Spanish, since my American citizenship was only registered 3 years later

Also to this day my only passports in working order (Others are expired and need renewing) are my Spanish and American ones, although a printing error made my Spanish passport get my gender wrong -_-
    My armory

France/Britain. You were born in France, so you came from there originally; if you leave Britain now, you'd be saying you came from Britain because that's basically where your life is.

If Wikipedia is to be believed, you're likely Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    If Wikipedia is to be believed, you're likely Chinese.
    Actually my surname more literally translates into Brassica to be precise, which is the genus for cabbage, but it's all the same at the end of the day.
    My armory