Thread: Feral or Rogue?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'd always prefer to face a feral over a rogue.

While feral is a strong class, rogue has a more robust tool set which makes it a little less predictable. As a "pure" dps class, this will pretty much always be the case as patches come and go. Feral play is usually fairly predictable, which makes it somewhat easier to counter.

The "OP-ness" of ferals comes from 3 sources:

Burst damage - strong burst damage during berserk. Berserk is a 3 min CD - use defensive / healing CDs and have a peel ready.

Predatory swiftness - ie. instant cyclone. Buff can be dispelled, cyclone can be ranged, grounded, reflected, etc..

Defense in bear - strangely enough, I've read posts saying rogues are actually better flag carriers then ferals. Not sure I believe that. Anyway, if a particular class is hard to kill ... kill something else first. The relative weakness in cat form makes the feral a decent choice to open on, force to go defensive, then hard switch.

Go feral if you enjoy free kills on rogues

Don't think I get this either. Rogue should be able to open (due to sap's greater range) and has an easier time resetting the fight. Rogue should be in control most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Feranor you are either a brilliantly still-in-character troll (in which case I applaud you), or you honestly believe everything you have said in this thread in which case your tears satiate me - and I gleefully await the day when they nerf feral and you lose 1000 MMR overnight - not understanding why they would nerf such a balanced spec! When that day arrives, I will be in the shadows gloating
    Despicable; but irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Balloons View Post
    You say that, at one point, they aren't 'ridiculously weak'. You then say that 'this' (referring to the one point) leads to overblown nerfs, and state 4.0.6 as an example. If 4.0.6 was the nerf, then the previous point on the timeline was when they weren't 'ridiculously weak'. Hence, you referred to 4.0.3 Druids as 'not ridiculously weak'. We both know that this is sugar-coating it just a tiny little bit, but as you didn't implicitly say it (but rather danced around the notion), I asked the question "Are you honestly implying that ferals in 4.0.3 were in any way balanced?" in order to gather your genuine thoughts. This is the point that you put up your strawman. Please read posts in the future; it greatly enhances the forum experience.
    That's called a Red Herring.

The stupid masses whine about Ferals unless they are weak. Blizz listens to them. This is not a hard concept to understand.

1. Why is it that when Ferals are buffed, "Ferals didn't ask for [it]", but when they're nerfed, it's because "Everyone else started whining about it"? Have you ever noticed that the spec that you happen to play is in direct correlation with who you picture as the 'good guys', whereas everyone else is a whining cretin? Is this just a fantastic coincidence?
    Ferals did not ask for damage buffs. Ferals, historically, were the "good guys" because it was a challenging underdog class, i.e. it didn't appeal to the average scrub looking for an easy ego boost.

2. Why are you suggesting that every person that plays a particular spec agrees with one another? Ferals didn't ask for that; Everyone else started whining about it. Where are you gathering this data? Did you survey the player-base?
    I'm not referring to every player of a specific class but rather the type of player likely to choose a certain class/spec. There's a reason why, in the "NERF FERAL!!11" threads that preceded the nerfs the ones offering constructive advice were mostly Ferals and those whining mostly Rogues and Warriors (TBC) and Mages (Cata).

3. Why do you say feral "died"? Are you saying that feral Druids are unplayable? Because "died" to me suggests "unplayable", which - as we both know - is far from true.
    Feral was changed to appeal more to the average, i.e. incapable, craven, sadistic player. That's what I mean by "it died".

I always liked the way the kitty looked... so I'd say feral.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    This Skilloverkill fellow really thinks he knows something I don't, ey mate, feral is the easiest specc to controll in the entire game, our damage outside of berserk is only decent if we have uptime- which we don't against most comps. If you believe feral is as overpowered as you say it is, I dare you imagine a feral without a single defencive cooldown, and how hard it would be to kill one? oh that's right, we'd just roll over because that's what you want- Free wins.
    I'm going to assume your favourite type of 3's game is when it turns out the enemy team didn't zone in, or if one of their players is missing FREE WIIIIINZ YAAAAAAY RATING. Yeah I'm done, stop calling for unneeded nerfs because you can't deal with class mechanics.
    Based on this post alone I think it's safe to assume there is a Lot of things I know that you don't ;p
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly don't get the QQ about this whole thread. the trinket was OP, then they changed it. ferals were lol with the trinket. rogues were also...

http://www.google.com/search?q=feral...et+overpowered

whats the #1 result? there you go, then they changed it to make it suck, TL;DR, ferals arent as OP as they were

/end thread
    ..........gtfo for now

Feral is a straightforward wannabe-rogue heavy damage dealing spec (a-la arms warrior, unholy dk) while rogue is a support (cc-oriented) class. I don't see why or how one would compare the two.
    Last edited by Dewinter; 2011-11-18 at 08:14 AM.

No, you -DO- want rupture on the target. There's that talent that gives you like 12 energy back each rupture tick. Pays for itself and then some.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    No, you -DO- want rupture on the target. There's that talent that gives you like 12 energy back each rupture tick. Pays for itself and then some.
    You are thinking of 12 energy every recuperate tick - which is an entirely different thing.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Go rogue. Ferals are faceroll and FOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Despicable; but irrelevant.

That's called a Red Herring.

The stupid masses whine about Ferals unless they are weak. Blizz listens to them. This is not a hard concept to understand.

Ferals did not ask for damage buffs. Ferals, historically, were the "good guys" because it was a challenging underdog class, i.e. it didn't appeal to the average scrub looking for an easy ego boost.

I'm not referring to every player of a specific class but rather the type of player likely to choose a certain class/spec. There's a reason why, in the "NERF FERAL!!11" threads that preceded the nerfs the ones offering constructive advice were mostly Ferals and those whining mostly Rogues and Warriors (TBC) and Mages (Cata).

Feral was changed to appeal more to the average, i.e. incapable, craven, sadistic player. That's what I mean by "it died".
    Feral changes was all due to pve if you ask me, ferals was insane a the start of cata with the mobility and the damage they had, blizz nerfs classic spec defining abilities rather then raw damage because of pve.
    There was no way ferals would have stayed unchanged if you remember how solid and strong they were at the start. The stupid masses was whining including a shit ton of decent and good players(glads and r1 players included).
    Ferals had every right to complain about the changes they had done to them but no right whatsoever to complain about changes being made in some way. There had to be something done, what one can discuss and et annoyed over is if it was the right changes/nerfs, raw damage was never going to get nerfed since Pve would suffer and we can't have that now can we.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    In pvp: Druid > rogue, and they are getting buffed.
    rogues are getting legendaries along with a nice buff to their healing debuff