The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up A 560 Ti to add to the top rankings? Sparkle Calibre review!

So here is overclock3d.net's newest article/review:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/g...libre_review/1

I just read it and checked out the charts, and I must say, that's pretty damn impressive! Obviously we've heard of people pushing their 560 Ti's to the 1GHz mark, but here is one that can likely do it fairly easily. I know I can't keep my TFII 560 Ti at 950MHz on the core for long because it is a bit unstable, unfortunately, this one comes at 950MHz, which sure, is the same as the Hawk, however the Sparkle Calibre does in fact have a higher memory clock than the Hawk, by a good ~400MHz!

It appears that the lack of cores on this card does not make it fall too far behind the 570 reference card, hell, in some tests, this card was even coming up close to an OC'd 570!

Here is the newegg.com link to this video card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814187151

What I'm getting from their review and what they said about temperatures and what-not, is that this thing's cooler might just stand up there with the best, the MSI Twin Frozr II/IIIs and the Asus DCUII. For it to keep the card at 75 degrees Celsius as a MAX temp, during all of their tests, is not too bad at all, with that 1GHz OC, even if they did have the fan at 90%, as we saw on the first page, however in regards to the fans, I would like to know how loud they are.

Have a discussion! Could this card be a new top-recommended one here at the computer forums of mmo-champion? We shall seeee.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I want to hear the fan noise and the cooling capability. Crazy good review though, might have to look into that instead of the 6950/70.

It is available at newegg though.

Although, the actual version they advertise on the website is clocked at 1k out of the box and some pretty purple fan blades. That one may be the hard one to track down.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-11-07 at 04:23 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted its newegg link in my first post, broski. ;p

Yeah I was talking to TTL on facebook and he said they only did that to see what the max strength they could get out of it was, definitely not a 24/7 OC, but he said they consider this one and the Gigabyte SOC to be the best 560 Ti's on the market.... above the TF II/IIIs and DCUII. :O
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was talking about the purple blade one on their site. 1k clocks out of the box.

this one: http://www.calibrestyle.com.tw/productDetail.asp?id=42
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    PURPLE!!!!

I actually kind of like how the purple ones look... Not gonna lie. >_>
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    PURPLE!!!!

I actually kind of like how the purple ones look... Not gonna lie. >_>
    Yeah, even if I won't see the fans, but it is clocked pretty nicely. Curious on fan speeds/noise though for that one as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely, though 3 fans has to equal slightly better temps as compared to a 2 fan cooling solution....

Or so we would hope. >_>
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Yeah, I want to hear the fan noise and the cooling capability. Crazy good review though, might have to look into that instead of the 6950/70.

It is available at newegg though.

Although, the actual version they advertise on the website is clocked at 1k out of the box and some pretty purple fan blades. That one may be the hard one to track down.
    The 560 Ti is never better than a 6970, and a 6950 overclocks plenty good as well (800 -> 920 MHz reliably, but most have a firmware cap at 950 MHz, so plenty hit that cap before the potential. Those are still being able to be changed via bios-tweak), and have the advantage of being able to have better/more VRAM.

If you do consider getting a 560 Ti, wait for the one with a 448 CUDA cores. It will likely be comfortably ahead of the 6950.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, still planning on going the 6950 MSI Twin Frozr III 2gb route. It has the bios switch. Just holding out for a deal for something similar or a 6970. I'm a cheap bastard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Yeah, still planning on going the 6950 MSI Twin Frozr III 2gb route. It has the bios switch. Just holding out for a deal for something similar or a 6970. I'm a cheap bastard
    Doing what I should have done in regards to getting a better motherboard with SLI. >_<
    "A flower.

I got my DirectCU II HD6970 significantly less expensive than usual, seeing as it was a demo-specific. Only 403 USD, compared to 532 USD that the cheapest goes for :]
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting a 560 Ti on Friday to replace my GT 440 I got as a temp solution when my old card died but I'm wondering if it will work well with an E8500 at 3.16GHZ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Getting a 560 Ti on Friday to replace my GT 440 I got as a temp solution when my old card died but I'm wondering if it will work well with an E8500 at 3.16GHZ?
    It will be heavily bottlenecked by your CPU, but it will work. I would upgrade your CPU, motherboard, and RAM as soon as you can afford to.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It will be heavily bottlenecked by your CPU, but it will work. I would upgrade your CPU, motherboard, and RAM as soon as you can afford to.
    Only in Wow. Possibly in BF3.

It will be more than fine in other games.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    My memory ain't that bad but I can't be arsed blowing all my cash on a new CPU, mobo and some extra ram aswell as the 560 Ti but I also don't want to blow money on a 560 Ti only for it to be raped by other inferior components and I thought the E8500 was still decent? last I checked (few months back) was still selling for a decent price and I got 8gb of DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz memory so should do the job I think?

* Mod edit: We do NOT approve of account-trading/selling posts here. Thank you.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-11-07 at 07:12 PM.

It'll be good enough. Obviously not as good as it would be with a better CPU, but hey.
    It will be noticable.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks for the help guys I'll see what I can afford