High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Leveling a Warlock

Hello everyone,

2 days ago I started leveling an alt; a warlock (lvl 60 now). When I soloed stuff I was affliction due to multi dotting and Drain Life. In dungeons I used Destro specc. Now I moved to outland which specs is advised to use ? Demonology or stick with Affliction/Destro. When bosses live long enough Affliction gets the upper hand for me, but I have no idea leveling wise when queued for dungeons if I should stick with Affliction.

Ty in advance for the reading.

< Nivi >

Deleted
    I leveled mostly as demonology and enjoyed it, it's a lot easier to solo things with a pet taking most of the damage. It's basically like having two players under your control, just let your pet solo one mob while you solo one and you will fly through most of it (remember to do some damage to the mob ur pet is attacking or you won't get questdrops etc.). However, it's all very dependant on what you like personally to play. Affliction is nice because you don't need much downtime due to drains and siphon life.

Everything works fine and you'll most likely end up with having spent a couple of hours "too much" the course of lvl 1 to 85 if you chose the "wrong" spec, so don't worry about it.

With current gearing for alt(BoA, enchants, food, pots) unless your soloing I wouldn't do affliction it's just a fast way to run out of mana in dungeons. GO GO WAND! I am currently leveling a Warlock myself and did the dumb thing of blowing all my money getting glyphs for affliction and demonology. Now when I play her I do crap DPS in instances and can't afford to pay 100-300g for each glyph justify a respec. I wish I would have picked up destro now since I feel like I have two soloing specs.

Deleted
    Stick with demonology, let your pet do the job

Deleted
    Or if you don't mind playing a "broken" spec, play destro. I played Destro in T5 and T6 back in BC, then returned to playing destro with a new account and a new warlock in 4.2, levelling from 1-70 was amazingly fun, on the basis of "Immolate, Conflag, Shadowbolt, Dead".

The moment you start getting talents that drop cast times of things, eveything is just gravy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahr View Post
    Or if you don't mind playing a "broken" spec, play destro. I played Destro in T5 and T6 back in BC, then returned to playing destro with a new account and a new warlock in 4.2, levelling from 1-70 was amazingly fun, on the basis of "Immolate, Conflag, Shadowbolt, Dead".

The moment you start getting talents that drop cast times of things, eveything is just gravy.
    I levelled destro.... but that was 4 years ago so I don't know how the levelling game has changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    I levelled destro.... but that was 4 years ago so I don't know how the levelling game has changed.
    Soul Fire crits big at low level now, at level 70 I can kill equally geared people as me in stupidly short times, Instant Soul Fire, Immolate, Conflag, then run away a bit and spam Incinerate and chaos bolt. In PvE things die too fast for my liking. :P

I would say go Destro as soon as you get Incinerate (Lvl 64?). As affliction you should never have mana/health problems, aka downtime, it will probably remain your most efficient multi mob killer till your in Wrath content where the mobs might not die from your 3 dots alone.

I STRONGLY advise for you to try all three specs when you get to 69 as this opens up Metamorphosis and Haunt (Chaos Bolt is meh..). You will probably enjoy Demo the most in a dungeon setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have leveled two locks to 85 in my time playing wow, and personally, for questing and doing instances destro/demo is the best way for me. I liked being able to grab a bunch of things and just pop morph + hellfire = time saved. As for instances, i liked burst and simplicity of the rotation. High numbers, good damage. Now if you were to do pvp/instances id do affliction+destro, and for pvp/questing, affliction+demo.
    Why do we only travel outwards in space? Lets try going up or down.

Bring back Warcraft, for Chen's sake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoles View Post
    I would say go Destro as soon as you get Incinerate (Lvl 64?). As affliction you should never have mana/health problems, aka downtime, it will probably remain your most efficient multi mob killer till your in Wrath content where the mobs might not die from your 3 dots alone.

I STRONGLY advise for you to try all three specs when you get to 69 as this opens up Metamorphosis and Haunt (Chaos Bolt is meh..). You will probably enjoy Demo the most in a dungeon setting.
    Ah. The one issue I have with destro levelling. "I KNOW GUIZ, LETS MAEK DESTRO NOT GET A SPELL FOR 24 LEVLZ". But once you get incinerate, all is well and calm in the world again...