Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As far as I could see, Simcraft didn't give Spriests DI, so you can automatically rule out all forms of analysis on Simcraft for us.

DI is so ridiculously required for Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    I'm worried about how crap is our T13 bonuses.

Very, very lame.
    I don't know about you, but I /nerdgasm'd when I saw our set bonuses. They're pretty much Satan.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Deleted
    The set boni aren´t bad, but no match for current T12 boni or some crazy op set boni other classes are getting . But I still appreciate that I finaly can use SwD again without killing myself due to high aoe dmg in execute phases ( Yeah I am talking to you Fl ^^ )

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm worried about how crap is our T13 bonuses.

Very, very lame.
    It's not 25% bigger mind blasts but I think we'll be alright - people seem to like the guarenteed orbs on opener even though it has a very small impact on our dps - I can see their point even if I don't really like it as a bonus.

Even still, I think we'll be fine once dot cleaving is factored in - based on the fight videos I've watched it looks like there will be plenty of multi-target opportunities again next tier.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

'Boni' is not a word.

Deleted
    @Febo boni is the plural of the latin word bonus so yeah it is a word http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boni#Latin

I agree. I'm also fairly certain the melee buff was to keep top guilds from stacking casters with legendaries. Doing a quick search through the top guilds, most top guilds will have up to 7-10 legendaries in house when 4.3 hits. What would stop two high end guilds from forming an alliance and bringing 17 caster dps with 17 legendaries? All you need is a few subsidiary guilds helping to farm legendaries for the push and disperse your primary casters into those guilds temporarily.

You can't say the melee buff wasn't purely an anticipation of that happening, especially when looking at the raid log parses. All the casters in the top parses are wearing legendaries and making range look far better than they are without. (Legendary adds close to 5000 dps.) Even so they are nerfing the legendary for 4.3, so you know it's been an issue, even if Bliz hasn't officially admitted it.
    This makes our 10 man team very sad. We have been farming 6/7 HM for about a month or so, and we have yet to finish our first staff.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 07:29 AM ----------

Squawl
    @Febo boni is the plural of the latin word bonus so yeah it is a word http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boni#Latin
    True, but overly pretentious.

Deleted
    Having looked through all of the loot in Dragon Soul and cleared it on normal I'm confident we'll be doing fine. With heroic items we can easily manage 30% haste self buffed (no DI), very little crit, and a nice chunk of mastery. Oh, and when everything procs we'll be at about 10k haste for 15s

Squawl:

Yeah in Latin maybe, the rest of your post was in English!

Anyway I agree with you on the set bonus. While the quality of life aspect of it is nice, it's like we a getting a band-aid for the classes problems rather than a desirable boost like with T12. I'm assuming that these will become part of the class come 5.0 too (and god willing, the removal of DI), so it makes it even more underwhelming for me. Ah well, maybe the multi-dotting fun will make up for it.

Deleted
    i think our t13 set bonuses is awesome, it allow us to use SWP more often as we don't take any dmg anymore so we wont worry bout killing ourselves or anything by not having those extra 10k hp we needed for a special attack, and the 4th set allows us to not waiting 20sec before getting a shadow orb sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    Ok we need to do a few things:
    1) Get list of BiS Heroic T13
    2) Sim using this list w/ all types of encounters and multi dot
    3) take avg of stat weights
    4) rework BiS heroic T13 and resim
    5) resim and loop 1-5
    6) Produce list of avg dps and stat weights
    7) Create list of gear with PP weights
    Speaking of lists, I couldn't find a centralised one for 4.3, I wanted to do a list for myself. I can see all the items on PTR, Dungeon Journal and VP qm, just too lazy to compile them.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    Having looked through all of the loot in Dragon Soul and cleared it on normal I'm confident we'll be doing fine. With heroic items we can easily manage 30% haste self buffed (no DI), very little crit, and a nice chunk of mastery. Oh, and when everything procs we'll be at about 10k haste for 15s
    But shouldn't we get DI nevertheless? Does it not increase periodic damage? I'm at 30.24% now, a fellow shadowpriest (guildie) told me that now I don't need DI anymore, but I used the argument that it increases my periodic damage. Or am I interpreting stuff wrong? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Canaslan View Post
    But shouldn't we get DI nevertheless? Does it not increase periodic damage? I'm at 30.24% now, a fellow shadowpriest (guildie) told me that now I don't need DI anymore, but I used the argument that it increases my periodic damage. Or am I interpreting stuff wrong? :P
    No you aren't... DI doesn't reach a point where it is effective to put on a spriest. However, say you have 30% haste with out DI and your guildy needed the 3% haste to reach 30% then it would be a little better to put it on him than you. Though in general most people put it on whoever does the most dps normally.

I would say it should go to whoever can use it to generate the most dps. Generally speaking if all skill-levels are equal, it would go to the person with the best gear (item level), rather than the worst. That should generate the highest raid dps which I assume is the goal.

As an example, in my guild if we only have one warlock in the raid, it goes to our caster that has a legendary. With DI and full compliment of raid buffs that person is putting out close to 37k, compared to the next person who is only doing 31k. While this might be an extreme example, ultimately we just want our cumulative raid dps to be as high as it can be.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2011-11-10 at 04:09 PM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Squawl View Post
    Boni may be a word, but it is not an English word, and since everyone on this thread speaks English, you look extremely retarded for using it since most intelligent english-speaking people learned that the plural form of "bonus" is "bonuses" in school. To further prove my point, I see the Italian, Latin, and Venetian definitions for boni in that link, but not English.

We do not live in Ancient Roman times so please use the correct word next time. Unless you're a troll, which in that case, you should be banned.
    Last edited by Quillerjr; 2011-11-10 at 04:24 PM.

This is what I think of when I see that word. :P

"Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillerjr View Post
    We do not live in Ancient Roman times so please use the correct word next time. Unless you're a troll, which in that case, you should be banned.
    What? I've seen boni used regularly here in the UK, you do realise how much the English language is drawn from Latin and still features Latin words in use, right?

Just because you're ignorant of a words use doesn't mean other people should be exempt from using it, there's merit to having a wide vocabulary - be more open minded in future, 'unless you're a troll, in which case you should be banned'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaslan View Post
    You should be getting DI still yes, we're still the best class for it. It was just doubly useful before as it allowed us to reach 30% much more easily. That and my guild has 2 shadow priests and 1 warlock so I gear as though I'm not going to get it :<

If u are sure u'0d get DI everytime reforge away haste in faovur of MST for example

Considering it boost ur 1st, 3rd,4th and 5th damage source is a good enough reason to get it even at 40%,50%,60% haste.

If u are sure u'0d get DI everytime reforge away haste in faovur of MST for example
    Is this even true? I currently have 33% haste maybe 34 raid buffed now is it worth it to drop my haste back down to 30% just for more mastery? This is with DI of course. I thought haste still is best stat again after 31% haste and its only from 30-31 haste or around there when it drops a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    Is this even true? I currently have 33% haste maybe 34 raid buffed now is it worth it to drop my haste back down to 30% just for more mastery? This is with DI of course. I thought haste still is best stat again after 31% haste and its only from 30-31 haste or around there when it drops a bunch.
    no its not haste is still king
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.