Poll: I would be a..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Going for a wood elf, was always a fan of the hunter theme

Deleted
    Dark Elf i think. I'll make a thief-ish character to start off with, possibly with some destruction magic on the side, just to check the new magic system.. Dark Elf seems to fit that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say really. Prolly a Nord or Khajiit.

breton rogue because if its like oblivion choosing a race that starts bonues to your main skills lowers your max lvl so your best bet for late game is to choose a race and sign with no skill bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nord, gona RP a viking
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably give the stranger ones(Kajit, Argonian) a go, but not as my main. I'm not really liking the look of the super-burly-yet-emaciated elves this go, but I'd have to take a look in the creator to get a real opinion. Honestly the Elder Scrolls series is one of the few I LIKE playing normal humans in, so probably Redguard or *drumroll* Nord of course!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I'm definitely digging the new Argonian models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't decide between Orc or Imperial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Repoening this since it is totally different than the thread Seam linked and focused only on the specific races, with a poll even!

I am making a imperial archer kinda a robin hood type character

i have never played anything relating to Skyrim but my friends have gotten me all riled up about it... and i miss a good rpg

Something with magic!

Deleted
    Dunmer all the way. Brilliant and immersive history and the fact Morrowind is often hailed as the best in the series is a testament to that. In addition, I'm playing a fantasy game - I don't want to go around as a human, even if Nords are the main focus of this particular title.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    i have never played anything relating to Skyrim but my friends have gotten me all riled up about it... and i miss a good rpg

Something with magic!
    all the races have magic :_)

I really hope they don't make the same mistake of Oblivion and make casters a lot more powerful than anything else. I personally prefer the archer/rogue style playstyle in Oblivion so I hope they'll make that more viable at higher difficulties. Oh and Argonian just like in Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Ill probably end up being a Nord or something human. I really want to be a Argonian or Khajiit but dont know if i could pick one for my first character since i heard something about people treating you different based on what race and sex you are. In this case i don't want to be looked down upon because im a lizard man, atleast my first time through.

I can't decide on which route I want to take for my first character. I normally make a Bosmer (Wood Elf) Archer, and then work my way up through the Thieve's Guild and the Dark Brotherhood, but I'm not sure if that's what I'll be doing in Skyrim or not... Another choice I often go is a Redguard or Nord Warrior, as they're generally the best in the Arena and Fighter's Guild.

I've never really made a legitimate Mage before because the task always seemed daunting, but I may try that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I really hope they don't make the same mistake of Oblivion and make casters a lot more powerful than anything else. I personally prefer the archer/rogue style playstyle in Oblivion so I hope they'll make that more viable at higher difficulties. Oh and Argonian just like in Oblivion.
    viable ? everything is viable i was stronger the mages easily as my archer bows where strong in oblivion and they will be strong in skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    all the races have magic :_)
    PLAY ALL THE THINGS!

\o\ What do i know...

Deleted
    Nord first, then Argonian

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quick question... Am I the only one who'll make a class that can do A N Y T H I N G? I mean, one that wears heavy armor, throws spells about as good as any arcanister, while chopping down enemies, faster than any generic warrior, activates an illusion spell that makes him stealthier and deadlier than any ninja, and has a "truer" aim that Robin Hood himself?... Worked like a charm in Oblivion :3

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann