Vexxius' Youtube Channel - High End Arena Footage [Gladiator]

Hello fellow champs!

In short, I have decided to begin a Youtube channel, primarily consisting of arena footage from Warrior, Warlock, and Shadowpriest point of views. Skype is included in every match. I plan to release content approximately once a week, so please do not hesitate to subscribe if you enjoy my videos!

My Youtube Channel: Vexxius Arena

Below, I have included a couple of matches that I've recorded thus far:

Please note that for the above clip, my partners' voices did not record for some reason. I'm looking into it and should be fixed for my next batch of videos.

Shatterplay vs. TSG - Game 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT21sKHVptk)

Shatterplay vs. TSG - Game 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dsPWDz1BKI&hd=1)

Shatterplay vs. RMP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0p3iWjKjXk&hd=1)

Shatterplay vs. Hunter DK Druid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6XPzwqRHr0&hd=1)

As always, please watch in HD.

Regards,

Vexxius
    Last edited by Vexius; 2011-11-08 at 03:14 AM.

good videos. nice to have some high-end pvpers come over from AJ (way different forum environment as well)

I watched your videos and all your opponents were so bad, the tsg was just awful and the rmp were 1500 rating heroes. Also the quality of the 1080p isnt great.

Fight glads or r1 glad players otherwise it's just kinda boring to watch. At least don't call it High end arena.
    Anyways, keep it up. Fighting!

Deleted
    You should really use some targeting macro keybinds and possibly be a little more flexible with your focus target and focus target macros. And your use of shadow word: death execute is really poor, I think I saw you use it once effectively.

And are you really a gladiator? - your shadow priest skills arent very amazing.

Picky picky picky... lolol.

- Can't do anything about the quality, really. I record in half-screen with fraps because it's pretty much all my computer can handle.
    - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vexxius/simple - I'm 2x Gladiator on my Warrior.
    - Not a Gladiator on my Shadowpriest... just decided to upload footage for fun.
    - Please be realistic; fighting "R1 individuals" nowadays is extremely uncommon, as not too many of them play arena anymore (but of course you'd know this already if you participated in arena ) - Reason, you might ask? R1 is no longer attainable after the MMR nerf and the current state of arena isn't too enjoyable for most.
    - Good critiquing is fine; @Funkygnome: I find it kind of ironic for a player who strictly PvEs to be judging my "skills" (especially one that hasn't broken 2k! Dear lord...); also, in regards to "targeting macro keybinds" - good point, but if you watch my Warrior videos, I have them thoroughly set up; my Shadowpriest doesn't, as I haven't really gotten around to setting up comfortable binds for him (play him ~once a month).

On another note, two additional Warrior videos uploaded:

Warrior Rogue Shaman vs. Ebola Cleave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hykHWeYwBFI&hd=1)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Vexius; 2011-11-08 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, I know my armory profile isnt very amazing, but in my defense I stopped playing competetive PvP in Tbc after 1½ season. However it doesn't mean i don't enjoy watching good pvp videos or streams whenever I have time. I wouldn't call you out on your shadow priest skills if I didn't feel like they were lacking a lot. Even I, who rarely play a BG, not even once every 2nd week, could notice you were playing quite a bit uncomfortable.

Also, it's a bit lame calling me out on my pvp activity, it's not me who is showing a couple of pvp videos to the public. If you want to make the viewer aware that you rarely play a shadow priest, maybe you should be stating that somewhere. I called you out for not playing well enough to be a gladiator, and apparently I was right, where is the issue?

I got 2702 rating in 3s after the mmr change about 2 months ago and fought many glads teams and about 3-4 r1 titles teams on my way there. While it's true that you can't get r1 anymore this season, there's still quite a lot of very high teams queuing(at least on my BG). My point was you should try to upload videos fighting strong opp instead of just killing straight forward clueless 1500 teams.

Anyways keep it up.
    fighting!

Deleted
    Video threads are obviously fine and I'm perfectly okay with people being harsh to each but there's no need for this, for example;

Quote Originally Posted by Vexius View Post
    - Good critiquing is fine; @Funkygnome: I find it kind of ironic for a player who strictly PvEs to be judging my "skills" (especially one that hasn't broken 2k! Dear lord...)(...)
    calling him out on being a PvE hero is uncalled for man, him doing PvP or not doesn't mean he's not apt enough to point out things you do wrong or right. Not to mention that if he doesn't do arena himself his opinion shouldn't really matter enough to someone that has played on Gladiator level, regardless of class. All I'm saying is play nice, no need to puff up if someone comes in and tells you your play could/should improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly didnt know people in Skill Capped knew jack shit about this game. I thought you all just derp'd in 2s and farmed for months to get ruthless.

Very impressed.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

Good luck with your videos, brotha.

Thanks guys!

A couple more videos have been released (WLS matches!) - http://www.youtube.com/xversusx

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool videos, shatter reflect on the first vid was

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Cool videos, shatter reflect on the first vid was
    Yeah how do you know when to put up spell reflect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    Yeah how do you know when to put up spell reflect?
    You reflect the ability that will cause the biggest problem for the other team, whether its a unstable affliction from a lock so your healer can dispell, a deep freeze to get extra dps time on a mage, a shatter or any other damaging ability from the other time to cause counter pressure, or even a defensive reflect to avoid some damage, its extremely situational and no one can really tell you what to reflect unless its a 1 on 1 situation, if you play a warrior you just know after a while.

Thats how i see it anyway.

Deleted
    You reflect the ability that will cause the biggest problem for the other team, whether its a unstable affliction from a lock so your healer can dispell, a deep freeze to get extra dps time on a mage, a shatter or any other damaging ability from the other time to cause counter pressure, or even a defensive reflect to avoid some damage, its extremely situational and no one can really tell you what to reflect unless its a 1 on 1 situation, if you play a warrior you just know after a while.

Thats how i see it anyway.
    I was referring to the telling signs that you're about to get a large shatter on yourself, and thus, be able to return it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cant do pvp worth a damn lol (too much of a pve hero), but i do enjoy watching these videos. Well done, thanks for uploading

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    I was referring to the telling signs that you're about to get a large shatter on yourself, and thus, be able to return it.
    If the mage is going on you, then everytime you get frozen its pretty likely that a shatters inc.

If the mage is going on you, then everytime you get frozen its pretty likely that a shatters inc.
    Pretty much!

WLS matches/2v2 - DK Shaman below:

WLS vs. Ret DK Holy Paladin (www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcuciZbNExY&hd=1)

DK Shaman vs. Mage Feral (Warning: I'm a terrible shaman!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrfXoidP_X0&hd=1)

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Vexius; 2011-11-10 at 11:43 PM.