Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Losing the big one

Hello fellow Minecraft players.

I have just experienced a horrible loss. An hour long mine run, filled with gold, red dust, blue dust (whatever that's called, I'm quite new), and a full stack of iron, wasted.

On my way back from the trip, I am surprised by a creeper, and dodge it ... into lava.

FRUSTRATION!

I am quite certain you've all had these experiences before, where you carry this shitload of awesome items home, and then lose it.. Would you care to share them and tell how you get over the anger? Maybe even how you avoid it?

Memebase helped me a lot, but I still wasted an hour of my life on pixels that are now gone because of other pixels. Ugh. :P
    Dumbledore dies.

Deleted
    Earlier today, I stumbled across a massive cavern that lured me deeper and deeper with hidden treasures and resources at almost every turn. I did my best to try to find a way out again, but every attempt at digging a path to the surface ended up flooding the passages with water. Frustrated, I grew reckless in my attempts to escape the depths and...managed to be swept away and incinerated by a stream of lava instead whilst digging upwards.

I've learned my lesson though - from now on I intend to be a lot more careful whilst exploring and focus on depositing rare resources as soon as possible.

What is minecraft? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to spam torches everywere, the chance I meet creepers by suprise on my way back is very very small

Maybe not always practical, in my mine I have an extension of a powered minecart system to the entrance of my "savage zone" lol, with a stock of Storage Minecarts. I frequently load my new found valuables into it, then send it off to the main entrance at my house/base/whatever. Doesn't help if you die further into the mine, but it surely saves having to make lengthy return trips home to deliver diamonds.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was new, playing multiplayer with a mate we'd spent ages building up all these tools and backs up as we were planning on fulling up our inventories with stuff get all the way down to where lava is common and well you can guess what happened, first time I ever cheated making up for all our losses

no one dodges into lava, you subconsciously killed yourself, maybe for the lulz perhaps maybe zoidberg

10+ Year Old Account
    So, so many times.

SO MANY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done this countless times but normally it's trying to dig near lava or placing blocks on top of lava and falling in or just touching it and burning until I die then all of my diamonds burn up.

At that point, I delete the game and start over.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i've learned to carry a stack of gravel to fill in lava and a bucket of water to put myself out or to get rid of some lava and make it obsidian

i've only dies once to lava while i had a bucket of water and it was more mouse wheel fail as i kept scrolling past the bucket and died...
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogbobson View Post
    blue dust (whatever that's called, I'm quite new)
    is Lapis lazuli

It only happened a few times with me, but dang if I wasn't insanely careful and paranoid every single time. It's a real thrill, but one of the frustrating parts is trying to find your way back out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many times.
    SO MANY TIMES.
    Creepers are my most hated enemy, the other day, I built a huge castle (Well, it was huge to me) , finally finished the seperate rooms, realised id forgotten torches, so i went back, slept, harvested my wheat, got sidetracked for another day, went back, opened the door, heard hissing, ran out the door , turned on my xray mod on to see how many of them there were

Went upstairs and there was two endermen as well =/

Invedit. that's how I deal with it.

Deleted
    Had a creeper sneak up on me earlier today, it did not kill me at first but it created a hole that just happened to be right above an underground cavern. My remaining hitpoints were lost to fall damage. It was quite frustrating, but then again the unpredictability is pretty interesting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I more often do big strip mines rather than tunnels. I've cried over lost diamonds one too many!
    My worst loss I think was when I got exploded into lava wearing chest and legs in diamonds, diamond pick and a stack of 10 diamonds a stack obsidian and lots of iron. I was sad.

Happened to me once.

That was the moment i uninstalled minecraft.

Not that I was too much into it before the accident.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Happened to me once.

That was the moment i uninstalled minecraft.

Not that I was too much into it before the accident.
    Seems a bit extreme. Sure, it's frustrating when you lose something in a game but it also adds a challenge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Youtube it, think to yourself "what a shit game", try it, good luck with your new addiction =X
    This is so true, I just shaked my head at ppl playing it until I tried it myself. kept building the entire day =)

I once lost 18 diamond, in one day. Gold, Iron, that's no big deal. Iv'e learned to always carry around
    1. A bucket of water to pour on myself or the lava when I'm on fire.
    2. An extra box to store any valuable I find when in a deep cave network.