15+ Year Old Account

which psu is the better buy?

replacing a dying psu... power on and off, then on again sort of like starting a car engine.
    SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151088
    CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139016

I can get the corsair for $135 at my local fry's which I'm leaning towards too. seems like its the better buy, but I want absolute reassurance.

I'd say get the AX750, but I'm a Corsair fanboy.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Seasonic makes them both. If you need the power or can get them at similar price go for the larger psu.

To figure it out check out google power supply calculator. (I'd post link but not enough posts to do it yet). The one you want has extreme.outervison in the url.

Also check out johnnyguru reviews for power supplies. Crazy torture testing of psu's pushing most but not all to failure. Don't think I've seen a seasonic one fail his testing yet.
    Last edited by knudnat; 2011-11-07 at 10:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seasonic makes both, that Corsair PSU is just rebranded Seasonic. Choose based on your needs...

What computer setup do you have?

Namely, GPU(s), CPU, RAM, HDD(s), SSD(s)... mention any overclocking if you can.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Both are top quality PSU brands.

I doubt there is much diffrence between the 2 besides their wattage rating and tbh rating doesnt say everything these days. There are a few top PSUs out there that are under rated (underrated as in being labeled as 650watt PSUs but technically being 700 or 750 watt PSUs).

If u really want the know if 1 of these 2 is better then the other you can check johnyguru.com (THE place for good PSU reviews).

Corsair (idc if it's made by the same company...) it has the higher amp 12V rail. Will allow a lot more overhead for things like SLI/Crossfire or a high powered video card.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

They're both great psus and both made by seasonic. The major differences are the wattage, looks and also that the corsair has all black cables(if you care like I do)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    They're both great psus and both made by seasonic. The major differences are the wattage, looks and also that the corsair has all black cables(if you care like I do)
    Wait color are the Seasonic ones?

Edit: Well at least they're sleaved in black sleaving. >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

SeaSonic X 650

The major differences between the two, aside from the amperage, would be the warranty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be bloody nice to know what you're trying to power exactly -_- both are great but e.g. for a GTX560 SLI setup I'd go with the 750w and OC the hell out of them, or cut it close with a 570 SLI setup.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze