1. #1

    Question about HoM.

    So I decide to try GW1 (bought only prophecies). If I will like this game maybe I will buy Factions/Nightwal and Eye of the North also (and I can get HoM only with EotN if I read FAQ correct?).
    My question is: If I do some "achievements" now (without EotN installed) I must do this again for HoM stuff (if I decide buy EotN) or it will be just added automatically when I visit HoM first time?

  2. #2
    Everything you unlock will be applied (or able to be applied, more accurately) once you take your character to the Hall of Monuments in EotN.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  3. #3
    Realize though that Prophecies is an outdated game. You will also lack heroes which are important, these can/will be obtained when you buy EotN for HoM though.
    To answer your question, by playing through the Prophecies campaign you will receive 1 statue. You won't have to do that again after you buy EotN and it will award you 2 points. Doing all the bonusses (this should be easy) will award you with another statue. This is the same for factions/nightfal. Of course, it is also possible to do elite areas, buy elite armor and earn more titles with only Prophecies, but that will take a while if you're just starting.
    As a coincidence I also have Prophecies and EotN (Prophecies in 2005, EotN in 2011) and I almost have 21 points now, so it is definitely possible.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    So I decide to try GW1 (bought only prophecies). If I will like this game maybe I will buy Factions/Nightwal and Eye of the North also (and I can get HoM only with EotN if I read FAQ correct?).
    My question is: If I do some "achievements" now (without EotN installed) I must do this again for HoM stuff (if I decide buy EotN) or it will be just added automatically when I visit HoM first time?
    as Rhandric said, once you put up your monumental tapestries you will be able to add your titles to you HoM.

    if you need help GW Wiki and PvXwiki are your best friends.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Cuchulainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the Exodar, lecturing Neophytes.
    Posts
    1,058
    A question I hope ArenaNet addresses soon is...
    When GW2 launches, can people still be eligible to gain HoM rewards by still playing GW1?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    A question I hope ArenaNet addresses soon is...
    When GW2 launches, can people still be eligible to gain HoM rewards by still playing GW1?
    They've already said you will be able to: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Cuchulainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the Exodar, lecturing Neophytes.
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    They've already said you will be able to: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments
    Yesssssss.

    GW1 is suddenly worth playing now. I better hurry and change my signature.

  8. #8
    I made a guide on how to get your 30 points asap.

    Here's the video!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •