Possible Relapse

I quit WoW just before firelands. Have some RL friends trying to get me back into things and was just wondering what the state of Locks are at the moment and if I'm going to hate myself if I start playing again (In game that is, I know I'm going to hate myself outside of it).

Hasn't been long, but I know how much a patch or two can shift things.

And then I begin to read and go.... wat?
    Last edited by Calderis; 2011-11-08 at 01:30 AM.

Deleted
    Since you do not say what exactly you did not like, you may also get no answer. warlocks could keep up quite good with other DDs in PvE the whole time since cata start. Unlike other classes, you have to think as a warlock.

I've played my lock since end of Vanilla. Stuck with it through good and bad. I know I'll like my lock, was just wondering how we're standing for the time being. having read more, I can't say it looks to bad without playing.

We're good. Great in some circumstances. That about sums it up :P

pve = good for 2/3 specs
    pvp = find a resto shaman

Our 4.2 patch notes consisted of the following (paraphrased):
    -Fixed a bug that allowed us to drop out of combat with drain soul
    -New animation for soul harvest.

PVE:

Demonology is doing amazing basically because of the Doomguard and Mastery and the existence of the Moonwell Chalice. Affliction, as ever, is a competent raid spec. Destro is serviceable, although there is maybe one fight where Bane of Havoc is usable/exploitable, so less people play it than t11.

PVP:
    Affliction is generally regarded as the best spec to play, and has amazing synergy with resto shams in particular. Very popular in threes comps, and very good for RBGs also, where Jinx and Curse of Exhaustion can really shine. Demo is decent in RBGs, harder to get to work well in arenas. Destro currently suffers tremendously if there is any class with dispels around, and is therefore not found often in arenas. However, Shadowfury is still awesome, and as such, destro can be useful in RBGs. In all of the cases, you most likely wont be getting kills in RBGs but rather using your amazing CCs to support those that can get kills, or harass heals. Any of the specs can Blitz normal BGs, so if you just want to beat up on low resil people in greens, that option is always alive for any of the specs.