Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Psht, BF3's graphics are average at best, duhhhhh. The trees look like shit, and wtf, I don't feel the rain hitting my face.... so fake it's sad!

In all seriousness, yeah, 580 SLI is definitely for an elite gaming setup, so unless you plan to multi-monitor your gaming up, don't bother worrying about it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    On the PSU issue, your friends need to worry less about wattage, and worry more about quality of PSU.

The seasonic you have listed is top notch quality, and will power your system with ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    On the PSU issue, your friends need to worry less about wattage, and worry more about quality of PSU.

The seasonic you have listed is top notch quality, and will power your system with ease.
    Well, to be fair, I could not remember the brand name at the time I was talking to them. All I had was the 650 number...

I also think they were trying to talk me out of building my own. I have no experience whatsoever, and a remarkable lack of patience. However, I am actually rather excited about building my very first computer.

People who try to talk others out of building computers usually haven't done it themselves. The sheer ease of doing it makes "complexity" moot if you're vaguely familiar with computers. >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't hesitate to post pictures here of things you're confused on if you need some help! At least one of us is always surely here ready to help!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    People who try to talk others out of building computers usually haven't done it themselves. The sheer ease of doing it makes "complexity" moot if you're vaguely familiar with computers. >>
    Oh, they've both been doing it for years, but I think therein lies part of the problem. They are remembering the horror days of years ago when they were first starting out, and trying to save me the aggravation. However, from reading through the help threads and tutorials on this site, and a couple youtubes, it sounds like the industry has gotten much better with the 'this goes here' mentality.

I am still a bit nervous (about the cabling and drivers mostly), but am looking foward to doing it.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Don't hesitate to post pictures here of things you're confused on if you need some help! At least one of us is always surely here ready to help!
    Awesome, thanks!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't mind, what's the general area you live in? There might be someone on these forums who would be willing to possibly help you out in person, I know I would if you're near the Chicago area at all. :P
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Click link in my sig
    2. Make thread about your build if you're having problems and post pictures
    3. save money and win!

There isn't a reason you can't build a computer if you can put together a Lego set. Everyone tries to make it sound scary and complex but most all components really only fit in the place they are designed so it's very hard to get something plugged into the wrong place
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Glad you asked this

After a lookie at Giga UD3 and my attempt in mspaint, hope this clears it up:

I may have exaggerated the size of the 580 but it's still an absolute BRICK of a card (no really, a brick).
    I just like to quote that post and add that it's really important to avoid a mATX mobo if you're planning on using a PCI sound card rather than a PCI-e one. It won't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    I just like to quote that post and add that it's really important to avoid a mATX mobo if you're planning on using a PCI sound card rather than a PCI-e one. It won't fit.
    Que? This is bull; it won't work with every mATX out there, but I'm sure there's plenty of them where it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    "A flower.

This is the sound card I was looking at:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card powered by THX TruStudio Pro

If I'm reading it right, I should have no problems putting it with the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P motherboard, correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the best gaming sound card around should fit into your mobo no problem.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Que? This is bull; it won't work with every mATX out there, but I'm sure there's plenty of them where it will.
    I stand corrected. However there are still plenty of mobos that don't have the space and that's what I was trying to say here. I've made that mistake by accident when I had to change the motherboard right before it has been delivered and I just want people to pay attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought there were compatibility issues with Creative's sound cards and Windows 7 or something? O.o
    "A flower.

I thought there were compatibility issues with Creative's sound cards and Windows 7 or something? O.o
    According to a review I read (IntelliReview.com), it works with Vista and 7, but nothing else. The Creative Fatal1ty card only works with XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've just heard from some other regs on here, I believe tetrisGOAT and Asera have spoken of issues with drivers for those sound cards in at least Windows 7, may be wrong.
    "A flower.