Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Honestly, if you can keep the Xbox. Trade in values are ridiculous compared to how much they'll turn around and sell your console for. Get a pre-owned PS3 or if you can pay off a PS3 in about 3 installments (if you can't afford the lump sum), put one on layaway at wal-mart. I think the layaways have to be paid by December 16th or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Who buys movies now adays? i havnt bought one in over 5 years. No it doesnt, it has a better processor, the graphics card is the same as the xbox's but a different brand.
    Well if you have any movies on your computer you can use the xbox to watch them also, though thats not really a huge selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I'd go with the Xbox, the xbox exclusives tend to be better and more plentiful... PS3 exclusives are few and far between...

To the people saying "ps3 has blu ray" thats a terrible factor to base buying a gaming system off of... just buy a blu ray player.

Better graphics? What a load of shit, they are almost exactly identical. And who gives a damn about the multi disc thing? Honestly.

(by the way the PS3 has a common problem where if the blu ray gets overused it will burn out the entire reader, leaving you with a dead system, not even able to play games... I know from experience)
    Topic: Almost half of the Xbox 360 owners had their consoles dying on them.
    Reply to Topic
    Displaying the only post.

Found this post today.

Console Repairs Ireland
    If you are an Xbox 360 owner, chances are that you have already seen what's pictured above happening. A survey conducted by Nofussreviews reports that 42% of the Xbox 360 owners had experienced console failure, and it has a lot more to say.

The other home consoles are also featured in the survey. The Playstation 3 owners that had experienced console problems (I wish they had counted how many of them actually saw the Yellow Light of Death)ammount to 8%, and Wii owners ammount only to 1%. Of the Xbox 360 owners that experienced console failure, 55% of them had to send it to repairs more than once, 39% had to do it more than twice, and 3% had to do it more than five times!

On the bright side, the failure rate was 57% on the survey conducted last year.

Microsoft is not turning a blind eye at the issue, though. The most common issue presented by the Xbox 360 is the Red Ring of Death, signaling the console has overheated. In September 2007, Microsoft vowed to combat the problem with the Falcon chipsets. Said chipsets didn't succeeded in fixing the issue, and in November 2008 Microsoft tried to fix the issue once again with the Jasper chipsets, and it was a big help in lowering the failure rate. They also spent one billion dollars by adding an aditional year to the warranty.

The survey has a sample group of 512,322 individuals, and was conducted over 280 days.
    over a year ago · Report

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like single player games or multiplayer?
    Singles Player PS3 hands down.
    Multiplayer Xbox 360.
    And what games you like of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sell it, use the money to start building a PC thats 10 times better than XBOX and PS3. Problem solved. You can get a BluRay player drive for PC for about 80 bucks now.

Stay on topic. All this, "JUST GET A PC LOL" crap is getting very annoying. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-11-08 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    Anyone who claims one console has better graphics than the other has no idea what they are talking about. Processing wise it's debatable which system is more powerful, there are multiple ways people test this which always seem to end in conflicting results. Just because one game looks better on the 360, doesn't mean the 360 has better graphics, it usually just means the games engine isn't as well developed on the ps3. The same is true vice-versa.

Lately, the PS3 has seen a far larger array of exclusive titles, while most of what is available on the 360 has also been available at least on the PC.

The PS3 has a growing backlog of downloadable classic games, while the 360 is a bit better off on the Indi/Arcade front, offering a large variety of lower price games which can still provide a lot entertainment.

Personally, I ended up with both. But if I had to make a end-all decision, I'd say the PS3's retail exclusives win out. The only thing that would lead me toward the 360 is the arcade games, but most of the good ones ended up ported to the PC anyway.
    Technically you can play all PS3 games on the PC through emulators too so if you want to bring the PC into the discussion it can play all the games that are out. Of course a lot of games from the xbox are gonna be put out for the PC after all Xbox is made by microsoft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenomortis View Post
    Technically you can play all PS3 games on the PC through emulators too so if you want to bring the PC into the discussion it can play all the games that are out. Of course a lot of games from the xbox are gonna be put out for the PC after all Xbox is made by microsoft.
    You know where to find a working PS3 emulator? I doubt it, but if you do, please post link. Ive never seen a working one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenomortis View Post
    Yea Technically but they're going to run terrible on any set up to date even over clocked...

At this current day there is not one working emulator for current gen home consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    Yea Technically but they're going to run terrible on any set up to date even over clocked...
    You're kidding right? Because the PS3 and Xbox use cutting edge technology right? That 3.2ghz tri-core in the xbox is gonna be hard to beat by an i5k or i7k chip.

I am in your delimma right now... and im not even a big "super gamer"

right now the selling points to both for me are:

Xbox kinect - played it, enjoyed it, a lot more fun than a Wii or psmove ...
    PS3's bluray player...

so far im leaning towards xbox... cause i can buy xbox+kinect+blu-ray ... and with the blackfriday deals coming out... xbox+kinect is 199 and bluray players are like $50.
    It's just a game.

If I was forced to choose one I would go PS3. I have had bad experiences with Xbox's breaking down, red ring of death, and not working right out of the box...
    That being said I think that this Generation of gaming goes to the PC. Most titles that aren't exclusive to one console or the other always looks, and generally plays better then there console counter-parts. Not to say that consoles don't have there charm but I find that most exclusive titles lately have been a bust, which makes me think "Why the hell did I by these consoles for exclusive titles that suck?"

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No you're not, you're basing it on your opinion that those are good games - while all the people I've talked to say they are "meh" at best.
    ironic that you're bashing his opinion with other peoples opinions, that you're stating as fact.
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD