• Mediocre

24 32.43%
  • Bad

18 24.32%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    MP5 is good again BOUT FREAKIN TIME

also disgruntled cod hating nerds get a life please.
    Implying anyone that just doesn't like this game is a Disgruntled hater nerd, makes me think it is you who should get a life.

That being said, apart from a few variations with how killstreaks work, I haven't found this game very amazing, I will still play it, because MW2 will be deserted as off this week mostly, though this game is only really a Sequel in Single-player story-wise, and moreso just some DLC multi-player-wise. Anyway, off to go UMP some people in the face.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    Not trolling... I'm just horrible at FPS...

Would you say then that people who enjoy the large maps and squad based gameplay to stay away from MW3 if they are still enjoying BF3? I'm pretty bad, (a good game for me is like 9 kills and 6 deaths) but I have been enjoying the Large Conquest maps in BF3 and playing more along side friends.

I played Black Ops for about 4 hours the day after it came out and never touched it again, so really the last FPS I played and enjoyed was MW2, which looking back feels hollow compared to the huge maps and more "war" feel (Or what I would interpret to be a war feel since I can't say I know what war actually feels like) of Conquest mode in BF3.

Problem is the kid in me has a credit card and wants to purchase when really I am not sure I'll enjoy it more than what I'm currently playing, BF3.
    If you like feeling immersed in a large war zone, absolutely stick with BF3. CoD is smaller scale, being minus vehicles and a smaller amount of players. It's sort of the inbetween of Quake's 'one-man-army' feeling and Battlefield's 'cog in a war machine' feeling.

Deleted
    Would you say then that people who enjoy the large maps and squad based gameplay to stay away from MW3 if they are still enjoying BF3? I'm pretty bad, (a good game for me is like 9 kills and 6 deaths) but I have been enjoying the Large Conquest maps in BF3 and playing more along side friends.
    +1 this. I played bf3, not a huge fan. I dont like to have to travel for 5 minutes across some maps to find someone, and this isnt trolling, just simply stating the maps are like HUUUGE. I prefer my maps small and fast paced, therefore i went for mw3, its a simple choice really. Not sure why theres a big debt about it

I guess MW3 was the first game of MechWarrior series I played (never played MW1-2).
    It had pretty decent graphics for 1999, and my computer in 1999, it was celeron-366 overclocked to 450 - was barely able to run it with decent fps. Graphics was good, I liked it. You know... rain, clouds, sun.

Overall I liked it pretty much. Control system was new and challenging, it was really hard to get used to it after regular 3-d shooters and it felt like controling a real mech.

I played some kind of MW clone on PS3 recently(in airport), and I have feeling that MW3 graphics was almost as good, control system of MW3 was definitely better and gameplay of Mw3 - all that heat management and weight management when you had to choose between armor, laserpower, heating and ammo - was totally amazing.
    PS3 mech simulator was pretty stupid and uninteresting - choose one of 3 mechs, load into area and spam one button to kill everything that is marked red on map. Graphics was far from amazing.

I know that MW3 is now pretty outdated but I still recomend everyone to try it.

UPD. I'm sorry, It looks that you are talking about some kind of modern 3d-shooter game. You know, in the beginning of 2000-th MW was referencing to MechWarrior series and the only game that was called MW3 for the last 10 years was MechWarrior-3. Well, nothing can last forever.
    Last edited by traen; 2011-11-08 at 07:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I guess MW3 was the first game of MechWarrior series I played (never played MW1-2).
    It had pretty decent graphics for 1999, and my computer in 1999, it was celeron-366 overclocked to 450 - was barely able to run it with decent fps. Graphics was good, I liked it. You know... rain, clouds, sun.

Overall I liked it pretty much. Control system was new and challenging, it was really hard to get used to it after regular 3-d shooters and it felt like controling a real mech.

I played some kind of MW clone on PS3 recently(in airport), and I have feeling that MW3 graphics was almost as good, control system of MW3 was definitely better and gameplay of Mw3 - all that heat management and weight management when you had to choose between armor, laserpower, heating and ammo - was totally amazing.
    PS3 mech simulator was pretty stupid and uninteresting - choose one of 3 mechs, load into area and spam one button to kill everything that is marked red on map. Graphics was far from amazing.

I've read similar posts on IGN recently, but I have to admit that I laughed.

TAfter Finally playing both games for a fair amount.

It is clear to me that BattleField 3 doesnt even live up to mw3 standards.

Examples on what i hated in my BF3 gaming experience :

1 - Proning, inspite of the "realism" in this game
    You can prone and half ur body goes through the wall.

2 - Encourages camping... ALOT, almost EVERYONE is just camping with an LMG with BIPOD attatchments.

3 - Ridiculous screen buzzing/freezing effects (like when u change attatchments)

4 - Being forced to sit and wait 40 secs between every
    Match, if i finish a rush game and wanna go play TDM
    Im forced to wait 40 secs for the next Rush game to
    actually start and then leave the game for 2 more loading screens.

Those are the main ones unless i forgot something

My opinion on battlefield so far is that they focused on th graphics
    But the gamePLAY is pathetic

People say MW3 is same as MW2
    I tell those clowns that repeat what other ppl say that
    MW2 is successful and theres no reason to change the game into something else.

CoD is becoming the WoW of FPS really to me
    Last edited by ButterToast; 2011-11-08 at 07:47 AM.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Probably one of the best trolls I've seen in a long time.

Being honest, defining a control scheme as 'challenging' would not be a personal pro. It's actually the reason I can't go back to 75% of mid90s games, especially on the computer :/

(Also, you knew what the OP's title meant :P)

Like most of you I come from a long history of arcade games....remember colecovision, old school? Starting playing mw for the playstation and then picked on the bf franchise beginning with 2142, bad company 2 and finally Medal Of Honor. After playing MOH picked up Call Of Duty mainly to see what the hypes was about. Played that one for about 3 hours and put it back in the box. I don't think I'll be buying anymore of the MW games mainly because after playing MOH, BF3 the bad graphics would probably hurt my eyes. We got MOH2 coming next year and if you think BF3 is amazing just wait and see.
    Conclusion:
    MW3=1980 Arcade Game
    BF3= Realistic War Simulator

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
    After Finally playing both games for a fair amount.

It is clear to me that BattleField 3 doesnt even live up to mw3 standards.
    I don't understand how you could have played CoD:MW3 for a fair amount... hasn't it been out for at most 2 1/2 hours? I've had BF3 for almost 2 weeks and I don't feel I could give people a proper review of it.

Deleted
    Soooo far it feels just like MW2 with a couple of different things. Nothing special tbh,

Some people here on MMO champion are overly critical of anything that has the name " Blizzard " or " activision " and seem to want to bash things simply for the sake of bashing. I completed this game just now and i found it an enjoyable game the downsides for me at least was it holds no real replay value. I thought the story could of been a little better and kinda hoped to see a tad more of " london " instead of one mission basically other than those two i thought it was a good game, not great but good.

I'd like to play MW3, but need to wait a few weeks for some money to roll in. I wish I could read some comments about it without a BF/CoD/Halo war.

I bought BF3 and love it. I'll get MW3 as soon as I can. They're both different game, with different mechanics and designs. I'll get Halo CEA and Halo 4 when they're out too. Sure, they're all FPS's, but that's where the similarities end. They're all unique games that are fun.

I don't understand how you could have played CoD:MW3 for a fair amount... hasn't it been out for at most 2 1/2 hours? I've had BF3 for almost 2 weeks and I don't feel I could give people a proper review of it.
    Nice try on changing the focused subject of my post sherlock
    You know exactly wherr and what im talking about
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

After Modern warfare (which imo set a high standard for fps), its not surprising that they haven't come out with anything "groundbreaking" since; especially since they release one every year. I still enjoy them though and enjoy the small changes. I had fun playing MW, MW2, blackops and i'm sure I'll enjoy MW3. Not expecting anything special, just looking forward to new game types, new ranks to attain, and playing with thousands of newbs.
    All the games coming out are just something to hold me off til Diablo III.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cojonu View Post
    MW3=1980 Arcade Game
    BF3= Realistic War Simulator
    hahaha see this is one of the clowns that repeat what other people say
    If u actually even THINK BF3 is a "war simulator" you obviously need to go out more
    Seriously now. And i dont even think u actually played 1980 arcade game also if shooters even existed at that time

BF troll

<Infracted: Don't troll or flame others>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-11-08 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
    Nice try on changing the focused subject of my post sherlock
    You know exactly wherr and what im talking about
    What the hell are you talking about...?

The bloke made a valid point.

Deleted
    I thought this thread was about how people enjoyed MW3, not whether BF3 or MW3 is the best FPS shooter atm,

10+ Year Old Account

Problem is the kid in me has a credit card and wants to purchase when really I am not sure I'll enjoy it more than what I'm currently playing, BF3.
    My thoughts exactly. BF3 is right down my alley, never held my attention for long but I playerd MAG and BF:BC2 for months because both are large scale objective based games. Sadly the kid in my that could only get 1-2 games for Christmas screams "BUY ALL THE GAMES!!!" I'll probably end up getting it when I pick up Skyrim .

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    There are negative opinions ("This game needs a new engine") and then there's this:

That's trolling.
    Implying that the only bad thing about this game is its engine is called fanboyism.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.