Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Monsters you would personally like to see in game?

-Beholders
    -Gelatinous cubes
    -Varies giant types (Fire, lava, ice, mountain, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Big ones? I don't really care what monsters are in the game, as long as they are fun to fight, kill, are hate-able, and epic. I don't really keep a wish list of monster archetypes I want in a game, it's all dependent on the games lore.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Beholders as in demonic-head-flying-thing? Guild Wars 2 doesn't really have "Demonic" foes, (there are some) but I think this kind of design is a bit off, but who knows. It might fit.

Gelatinous Cubes/Triangles?/Circles?... Guild Wars 1 had Oozes, they Jelly?

Giant Types... oh yes, please yes I will be disappointed if there are not, Guild Wars 1 didn't really have Elemental like Giants, so it would be very cool.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bosses that are the size they are supposed to be in scale. Not scaled up so they are easier to see. If a normal sized human is the boss in a dungen/De. Keep it the size of the player model not ten stories high!

As for elemental Giants i really just find them quite boring in general. I rather have giants being just giants and elementals elementals.

Anything like a mindflayer / illithid would be sufficient for me.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Bosses that are the size they are supposed to be in scale. Not scaled up so they are easier to see. If a normal sized human is the boss in a dungen/De. Keep it the size of the player model not ten stories high!
    This.

As for what monsters I'd like to see... uh, well, I would love to see zergs in all g(l)ory, especially a pack of hydralisks comin' at ya. Never going to happen, I know, but it'd still be awesome.

I'd like to see some kind of mob that creates a bullet hell sort of scenario, considering we'll have the dodging and hitboxes. Maybe an Engineer that uses a bunch of turrets?

NO DESTROYERS, PLEASE.
    I'll cry if they're like, "Primordus is here.. and he brought the destroyers with him." in an x-pac.
    Although they do look cool..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    NO DESTROYERS, PLEASE.
    I'll cry if they're like, "Primordus is here.. and he brought the destroyers with him." in an x-pac.
    Although they do look cool..
    We killed them though... we won that fight... It was arguably a pyrrhic victory for the dwarves, but a win is a win and dem bitchez be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we already get a dragon lich (Zaitan pretty much is one).

Maybe some real big bad nasties that aren't dragons on the side would be nice. Maybe even some real baddies related to the races (Flame Legion, Nightmare Court, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    We killed them though... we won that fight... It was arguably a pyrrhic victory for the dwarves, but a win is a win and dem bitchez be dead.
    They were created by Primordus. We only THOUGHT they were created by The Great Destroyer. You know who's not dead? Primordus.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were created by Primordus. We only THOUGHT they were created by The Great Destroyer. You know who's not dead? Primordus.
    Why would he recreate such glaring failures?

Yes, because the destroyers weren't a threat to anyone AT ALL.
    NO races had to turn to stone or anything crazy like that to defeat them, that would just be crazy.

I fail to see how the destroyers are glaring failures. The Great Destroyer Primordius created "ages ago", fought evenly with a dwarven god, came back (hundreds of? thousands of?) years later and threatened to destroy the world. And judging by the big ol' holes in Tyria, Cantha, and Elona.. actually had a shot at doing so.

Deleted
    I´d like to see Weeping Angels in WoW & other games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because the destroyers weren't a threat to anyone AT ALL.
    NO races had to turn to stone or anything crazy like that to defeat them, that would just be crazy.

I fail to see how the destroyers are glaring failures. The Great Destroyer Primordius created "ages ago", fought evenly with a dwarven god, came back (hundreds of? thousands of?) years later and threatened to destroy the world. And judging by the big ol' holes in Tyria, Cantha, and Elona.. actually had a shot at doing so.
    But they failed at their assigned task twice.

Primordius doesn't strike me as the forgiving sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he had destroyeres in Destiny's Edge... they also had a giant magma harpy... so i have a feeling he's getting a bit more creative with his "glaring failures"
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

But they failed at their assigned task twice.

Primordius doesn't strike me as the forgiving sort.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, he doesn't need to forgive THEM. They're well dead.
    Doesn't mean he can't make new ones.
    Not saying he'll like, revive the great destroyer or anything.. I'm saying I'll cry if he makes a Great Destroyer V2.0 with army included. Or shows up himself and is the general for his OWN destroyer army.

Uuugh.. the more I think about it, the more likely it feels that they'll do it.
    The more I think about it though, the more I think of how much I'd enjoy that lore-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying he'll like, revive the great destroyer or anything.. I'm saying I'll cry if he makes a Great Destroyer V2.0 with army included. Or shows up himself and is the general for his OWN destroyer army.

The more I think about it though, the more I think of how much I'd enjoy that lore-wise.
    Then quit thinking about it! Destroyers were lame agents of death, destruction and rape.

Especially towards my level 10 characters trying to get free heroes.

10+ Year Old Account

Read the book destiny's edge, the Great Destroyer will not be back
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Exploding Creepers with 12 Mega Damage! ;-)