Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I swear, if I was placed in front of a GW2 dev, I'd look around...look at him/her...stand still...then suddenly, burst out into a resounding "Y U NO RELEASE??! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ".

I'm usually quite shy, but...I so would, I just wouldn't be able to stop myself.

I'm expecting sometime between march and june 2012. The game already looks amazingly polished from the demos, hell it looked prety damn good last years demos. That will put it out after the initial TOR and D3 rush has died down a bit but likely before the next wow expansion. The best time to launch would be after the final expansion patch has been out for a few months so many have finished the content and wow is in the duldrums waiting for the next expansion. Lots of bored players willing to try something new during that time even if they plan to go back for MOP. you never know they may like it and stay.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    I remember the beta for GW1. If I'm correct they had beta weekends every other week or every two weeks for about 2-3 months? I don't think they will have the same scheme (beta weekends) for GW2 but I do think the beta will not last for a very long time. I'd say 2-3 months, and if the beta starts this year, which they said it would, then the game should be comming out around March, more likely April.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm guessing April for launch.
    28th April youknowright?

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I remember the beta for GW1. If I'm correct they had beta weekends every other week or every two weeks for about 2-3 months? I don't think they will have the same scheme (beta weekends) for GW2 but I do think the beta will not last for a very long time. I'd say 2-3 months, and if the beta starts this year, which they said it would, then the game should be comming out around March, more likely April.
    Remember Beta for Factions and Nightfall? A mere week.

Deleted
    y U NO RELEASE GAME!? ME WANT NAO!

Atleast MW3 is out. Should entertain me until about Q1 next year.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2011-11-10 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    but that cant be fixed till world class players start playing the game as there the only ones who can talk about balance, even more so then game devs tbh(just cause you make a game it doesnt mean you are any good at it)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. Not sure but assuming troll here.

My guess is pretty much Q1 2012. The beta will be by the end of the year, and I don't expect it to be a long one as many have said due to the polish of the game presently seen.

Deleted
    April 1st would be really good release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    As they say, good things come to those who wait.

You'll be able to play the beta by the end of the year if you get in, though. That's less than 2 months!
    People who probably get in closed beta are most likely news writers and people who are very active on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    i never realy paid attention to any game's closed beta befor to know how long it takes :/

any 1 can throw in an example ? coz sm1 above said 6-12 month and i realy think thts too much
    ANet doesn't do really long betas because they alpha test literally for years while in development and that's why their games are so polished prior and upon release. They do extensive external testing even prior to beta, they get at least 1,000 people to play their game when it's in alpha and run focus tests during early development to see what works. They iterate and reiterate, pushing out 10-20 builds a day during early development and the QA testers are there the entire way, they don't wait to implement feedback because that wastes time, instead they implement it and get new feedback within the same day. Beta for GW2 will likely be 3 months at most with a March/April release, GW1 only had 6 weeks of beta testing weekends and then release.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    People who probably get in closed beta are most likely news writers and people who are very active on the forums.
    There will be an Closed and Open beta don't get your hopes down.

In 2-3 weeks

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm guessing April for launch.
    You know what... if they announce the release date as April 1 then at midnight go "April fools, its the 2nd. Trollface.jpeg"

The entire GW2 will probably achive the world record for the loudest nerd rage if that happened.
    Last edited by theredviola; 2011-11-10 at 10:52 PM.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

would be awesome if they said Release date is April 1st , and evey 1 will just assume its a joke then they Actualy release it on time April 1st :P ... who cares Gif the game allrdy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    would be awesome if they said Release date is April 1st , and evey 1 will just assume its a joke then they Actualy release it on time April 1st :P ... who cares Gif the game allrdy
    Or if they say the release day is april 1st and the whole game ends up being an april fools joke. I wouldn't be surprised, this game is too awesome to be true.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Or if they say the release day is april 1st and the whole game ends up being an april fools joke. I wouldn't be surprised, this game is too awesome to be true.
    Truly the world's greatest, most elaborate april fool's joke.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Q1-2 2012 best case, Q3 worst case, if it comes out any later than that I will eat a tire.
    Guess I would have to eat a tire then aswell

My curiosity is killing me! Never played gw1 but everything I have seen about gw2 tickles me in all the right places.
    Will be my first mmo switch. Never got interested in those released before such as rift, lotr, aoc and so on.