Any DoT class type?

Hello guys, I was wondering if at SWTOR there is any class that resembles the DoT style damage from WoW warlocks or shadow priests. I know its a diferent game (I hope so hehe) but would be nice to start with a class that has a little bit to do with the ones I played for almost 7 years at WoW, just to make it easier to enter the game. Thanks!
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Well it is hard to say for sure without ability lists and being able to see the skill trees. But looking at
    http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

I would guess that the madness/balance trees for SI/JC and the lethality/dirty fighting trees for IA/Smugglers are your best bets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Hello guys, I was wondering if at SWTOR there is any class that resembles the DoT style damage from WoW warlocks or shadow priests. I know its a diferent game (I hope so hehe) but would be nice to start with a class that has a little bit to do with the ones I played for almost 7 years at WoW, just to make it easier to enter the game. Thanks!
    Pretty sure the shared madness tree of the sith inquisitor (or republic mirror) is a dot spec.
    Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

P.s. Both usable by assassin and sorc AC, so melee dot or ranged dot at your choice.

Thanks guys! Will take a look at those, I was thinking to make a trooper but a sith inquisitor might be a better option to facilitate the entrance in the game.

I believe Jedi Knight Sentinel Watchman build is a dot spec too

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

10+ Year Old Account
    Imperial Agent with the Lethality spec (and it's smuggler mirror) seem to rely alot on dots.
    Last edited by vian; 2011-11-08 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very hard to give information about class mechanics without breaking the NDA but from videos and BW or Fan-Site information we can make the following assumptions.

JK/SW Spec: Watchmen/Annihiliation - Melee dot class like Ferals .
    JC/SI Spec: Balance/Madness - They are like Affliction.
    TR/BH: None
    SMU/IMP - Someone said above that they do, but I don't know or have I seen anything that shows it. Their healing spec is quite HOT based so there could well be a DOT DPS spec.

Again just watch that you don't break the NDA talking about about stuff.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

BH firebug seems to be a DoT based dps.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure Jedi Consular is one of the classes with DoT's ... only Mind Crush spell it seems to be a dot, but who knows... with talents etc...
    http://www.oldrepublic.net/139-jedi-consular-guide.html
    Ah, and i think that from Empire, the Sith Inquisitor will be one of the dot classes.

Nice guys, thanks again for all the info! I was thinking of a trooper but I would like to play something that resembles an affliction build first, even if just in the start to get used to the game faster

There is a DoT based spec in 4 different ACs including all 4 classes.

Affliction similarites would be SI Sorc/JC Sage kind of a Warlock/SP/Shaman mix, in wow terms.

For troopers im pretty sure is the assault spec. Whats nice with that one is since its in both AC's you get to choose between more armor and survival or BFG and heals.