Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Possibly. But by the time Pandaland comes, there will be GW2 and Swtor. Only time will tell what kind of splash these MMOs make.
    And lets not forget Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and even Diablo 3.

Q4 is NOT going to look pretty at all for WoW... even with the Annual Contract...

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    We're at a Global Financial crisis and here in EU the game is almost 20 dollars a month. Here's a hint.
    That's been going on since 2008. What was so special about 2011 that caused the downturn?

Quote Originally Posted by xenoz View Post
    I don't think anyone would ever make the claim that WoW isn't profitable. However the claim that's being made is that WoW hit it's peak when cata was first released, and it's had a constant and precipitous decline since then. The current levels haven't been seen since before the release of WOTLK. And seeing as how MoP is getting luke-warm (if not bad) reaction, you can't possible expect those numbers to be recovered. Especially due to the games' age, and free alternatives.

No, WoW isn't dead, yes it's a great game, yes there's probably a good two or three expansions left, but the game IS dying. It just has a ways to go before Blizzard starts making choices like free-to-play, or pay for novelty items, or 2mo minimums, or like someone said letting realms get empties out, and offering a "special" rate to move to another realm.
    If WoW is dying then I think it will be dying for very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    GG on that

WOW IS DYING!!!! its over Q4 is going to be another shinshoryuken for wow.
    Buddy, I just gotta ask...why are you such a troll?

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't accuse other users of trolling.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2011-11-09 at 12:05 AM.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    The people saying "lol that loss is nothing!" seem to be just as unintelligent as those parroting "lol wow is dead!". It would be nice if people on both sides would wise up.
    Don't suggest intelligent things please. Let people froth at the mouth and argue back and forth forever in this thread please.
    Shadows are cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    Incoming Mists of Casualia

That'll bring all them kiddies back.
    You know what will happen? If all these "kiddies" joined back up, boosted WoW subs again, you'll see people complain that it did.

Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    i signed up for the annual pass for the free d3. doesn't mean that i will buy mop.
    You will buy it. I know you love panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Because people still enjoy it, the whiners might be loud and obnoxious but there are those of us that like it. You're like a two year old who, because you played with a toy and are bored of it have cast it aside, but woe unto those that try to pick it up and play with it, because it's dumb an you didn't like it so others shouldn't either.
    Have you even been 1800+??? What you said didn't even make sense... I was talking about how blizzard doesn't care about their PvP community, so why should they bother keeping in the game... besides, how can you enjoy a broken system? Compare PvP now to how it was years ago or even last expansion, it's pathetic. Go read the PvP forums on WoW's website, it's full of how players hate blizzard for not doing anything. Should rename the game World of Dragoncraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    wait, hold on... "Ahead of Pandaria, Morhaime said a new update for World of Warcraft is in testing, and will go live “over the next week”. The update is content-driven, and conatins the “biggest and best raid content ever”, including a Deathwing encounter."
    So a raid with 7 bosses is biggest raid content ever? Does he have amnesia?
    LEARN to speak Legalezee!!!

You now have THREE raids! You see, you have normal, heroic... and now a WHOLE UNIQUE LOOKING FOR RAID engine that is not only its own difficulty, but also will be created with a LOT of work to bring new players into raiding!

...on another news, Mists of Pandaria is going to feature an in-game Golden-Gate Bridge they can sell to their customers...

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Raid finder is going to be a disaster, 5 average wow players can barely finish a dungeon, forget clumping 25 idiots together and hoping they'll actually kill a raid boss without it being nerfed to the point that it dies in 2 hits, FL pugs didn't start becoming common until everything was nerfed to hell, and even than a lot of pugs still fail, now imagine a group of people from different realms with no vent and no real leader.
    You obviously do not get the whole point of Raid finder, it is not meant to make it easier for pug's to do proper raids and get gear, it is mean't for casuals to just be able to experience the content without having to be a hardcore raider for it. the gear will be crap, worse than heroics, there will be no mounts, no achievements, no titles, and the difficulty level will be drastically reduced. this is in no way compareable to Pug's doing firelands so no point even mentioning that.

Three consecutive losses, total of 1.7m, new games being released that are of the same standard/level of wow (in theory) I can only see more losses inc. I cant see blizzard gaining their usual subs they expect in December, especially given as swotr actually releases that month.

Perhaps this will push them to start addressing some of the issues they seem ignorant of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post

The reality is, WoW could lose another 6million subscribers and still be one of the most subscribed (if not THE most) subscribed MMO in the world.
    You are including chinese paybythehour 'subs' for wow, which is over half of them, but not including other chinese paybythehour mmo's. There are pay model mmo's in china vastly larger than wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You will buy it. I know you love panda.
    you obviously haven't seen my post history. do. not. want. pandas.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think our beloved game will continue to bleed out over the next few years unless they start thinking of something new and change
    the current model. After all these years its still 5 mans, bgs, dalies, areana, raid, healer, profs, tank, dps, guilds, etc, blah, blah, etc.
    It was awesome at one time but it cant last forever amd we need something fresh.

There is no one in Irvine that is going to stand up at a design meeting and say " Hey why can't 10 boomkins(insert random class) kill Deathwing?"
    He/she would be laughed out of the room. I want a real attention getter to get me back. And morging new arrmor to looking like old armor wont do it.

EDIT,, And Pandas are not badass.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-11-08 at 11:48 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by happydog1337 View Post
    Have you even been 1800+??? What you said didn't even make sense... I was talking about how blizzard doesn't care about their PvP community, so why should they bother keeping in the game... besides, how can you enjoy a broken system? Compare PvP now to how it was years ago or even last expansion, it's pathetic. Go read the PvP forums on WoW's website, it's full of how players hate blizzard for not doing anything. Should rename the game World of Dragoncraft.
    Indeed I have, some things will always be unbalanced but with 10 different classes that's bound to happen, there's no perfect balance in any MMORPG so why be shocked that there is?

FYI PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING ON THE FORUMS

Last expansion had lot's of imbalances too, when I popped wings and things simply exploded it seemed pretty imbalanced.

Deleted
    This is true, but you also have to remember that currently wow can lose 90% of its subscriber base and still be #1 on the market.

Not that I care that much, tbh the free things they were handing out like candy with a years sub wasn't enough to get me to sign on... Swtor, Skyrim on friday, Diablo 3, SC2 expansion... loads to do

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    If WoW is dying then I think it will be dying for very long time.
    Not as long as you might think, but yeah, it'll be a while. Probably hit 5mil in 2014-2015

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/WoW.png

Activision took over Blizzard and turned it into a cash cow. Cash cows all eventually get slaughtered.

you obviously haven't seen my post history. do. not. want. pandas.
    I will eventually love it. Noone can hate panda after you see it dance.

i signed up for the annual pass for the free d3. doesn't mean that i will buy mop.
    Welcome to psychology 101...

You'll now have about 3-4 months of subscriptions left when Pandaria hits... everybody will be running around with new mounts, new features and new weapons/armors/profession items... and you will see them when you log (don't want to waste your precious 4 months you paid for!) and then you'll be either one of two things:

a) Wanting to get the cool things that other people you see have... or...
    b) You'll hang your head in shame knowing that Blizzard suckered you into spending more money than you needed to when you could've just bought Diablo III for LESS than those four months of WoW you're contractually obligated to pay for that you don't want to play anymore.