Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    It really depends what kind of crowd you're looking to attract. The Craigslist crowd is different than the Alienware crowd is different than the Ibuypower crowd.

You could sell this to Mr. Alienware for $1500 easily, but Mr. Craigslist most likely isn't looking to spend much money regardless of quality, so he might offer $800 max.
    Thus why I would steer away from Craigslist in the first place. The thought process I have is this: "I have a gaming computer that could play most games nowadays at pretty decent settings and run pretty damn well, very overclockable, lots of strength and potential, this is not for some casual internet browser or family, this is for a gamer who wants some amount of fire power." Thus I would search for a real buyer who would actually pay a decent amount.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

One problem is that it's a custom build and in my experience the average consumer wants a brand name PC, so you might be better parting it out.

Resale/used market? 1k maybe. Remember used doesnt typically in the comp market earn you top dollar for rigs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    One problem is that it's a custom build and in my experience the average consumer wants a brand name PC, so you might be better parting it out.
    Thus why you look for non-average consumers, gamers, real ones at that.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Resale/used market? 1k maybe. Remember used doesnt typically in the comp market earn you top dollar for rigs.
    Unfortunately very true.

It's just a shame that somebody like the OP will most likely have trouble making what he should, but people have no problem going out and dropping massive amounts of cash on overpriced crap like Alienware, Mac, etc...

Somebody that actually appreciates a quality, custom rig is most likely knowledgeable enough to build one on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Thus why I would steer away from Craigslist in the first place. The thought process I have is this: "I have a gaming computer that could play most games nowadays at pretty decent settings and run pretty damn well, very overclockable, lots of strength and potential, this is not for some casual internet browser or family, this is for a gamer who wants some amount of fire power." Thus I would search for a real buyer who would actually pay a decent amount.
    And why wouldn't a real gamer not-casual-internet-browser user build his own rig? Your logic is "it's a powerful rig, so a powerful gamer will want it and pay well for it."
    My logic is more along the lines of, if someone is going to choose their PC and price based on how overclockable it is, they can build their own PC and without used parts.

It's used. That subtracts value. Maybe you can add some value for labor. Do you really think someone who cares about overclocking is going to pay you to snap the legos together? To me, a powerful PC doesn't mean less of a hit from being used, it means more. The super user knows how to build it on their own.

If I had a used computer I'd probably just set it up to fold if I couldn't get something mildly closer to its actual value.

I guess at some point we'll hear back from the OP (hopefully) on how much he's actually used the computer, if at all.

Btw, by the time it comes back in stock, likely $200, and try $180 with rebate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121446
    I have barely used it. It was built about 3-4 months ago. I installed windows and used it to check my email and play WoW a couple times but thats it. I might end up just keeping it and doing crossfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    Somebody that actually appreciates a quality, custom rig is most likely knowledgeable enough to build one on their own.
    And this is why I don't build rigs to sell. :P I built my own, and have offered my services to friends and one did take me up on it when her 6 month old Alienware laptop died.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I'll buy it for $20 and a 12 pack of beer.

Deleted
    If you count what the part cost new and then you might get around 70-75% of that price. If i did right you will be able to get 1100 dollar and thats 75% of the price that a new cost in sweden. Dont know if parts are more expensive in us than sweden but assume its around the same price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    And why wouldn't a real gamer not-casual-internet-browser user build his own rig? Your logic is "it's a powerful rig, so a powerful gamer will want it and pay well for it."
    My logic is more along the lines of, if someone is going to choose their PC and price based on how overclockable it is, they can build their own PC and without used parts.

It's used. That subtracts value. Maybe you can add some value for labor. Do you really think someone who cares about overclocking is going to pay you to snap the legos together? To me, a powerful PC doesn't mean less of a hit from being used, it means more. The super user knows how to build it on their own.
    Some real gamers don't have a clue how to build their own rigs, hell some don't even know how to overclock their systems. (I was once in both of these positions, I've since learned a lot by stalking these forums.) Yes, I agree with you on practically all of your points, and as you'll see in my response to Arisfarreach above this reply, it is why I don't build computers to sell, rather I offer my talent to any friends who would like to take advantage of it.
    "A flower.

I had originally built the PC to play WOW on ultra w/ 60 fps which is what it accomplishes flawlessly. But I don't play WoW anymore... well... atleast for now. After I heard about the new expac I probably wont be back for a while. =P (just my opinion, I know everyone loves it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novembius View Post
    If you count what the part cost new and then you might get around 70-75% of that price. If i did right you will be able to get 1100 dollar and thats 75% of the price that a new cost in sweden. Dont know if parts are more expensive in us than sweden but assume its around the same price.
    I added up the total value of everything to $1,135 USD, 75% would be $851.25. :P

OP, you used it some, so honestly, most of the amounts that I and a couple others said are honestly more than most anyone would pay for your computer. =/
    "A flower.

I added up the total value of everything to $1,135 USD, 75% would be $851.25. :P

OP, you used it some, so honestly, most of the amounts that I and a couple others said are honestly more than most anyone would pay for your computer. =/
    Yea =/. I'm probably better off just keeping it and upgrading in the future? I need to do crossfire because I still can't play BF3 on ultra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    I had originally built the PC to play WOW on ultra w/ 60 fps which is what it accomplishes flawlessly. But I don't play WoW anymore... well... atleast for now. After I heard about the new expac I probably wont be back for a while. =P (just my opinion, I know everyone loves it).
    Everyone loves it? I've been laughing about the silliness of MoP since it was announced, and I quit way back in July/August. Don't be so ready to sell your rig though dude. Plenty of other things you can use it for, other games, buy a non-sub game, most games in existence don't have subs. :P You could join the mmo-champion.com folding@home team, (look for thread: MMO-C Folding Team) and put your computer towards helping scientists find cures for some of the more deadly diseases towards mankind.

At one point when I had quit WoW once before (but wasn't sure if I would come back) I was kind of thinking about selling my PC, but honestly, I'm happy I didn't. It would be a poor choice to do so, as then if you find a game you like or some use, you don't have a computer. Your computer is very new and current and like you said, it ran WoW pretty damn well, and yes, it's a very strong and good computer. Save it, you never know what the future holds.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 12:43 AM ----------

Yea =/. I'm probably better off just keeping it and upgrading in the future? I need to do crossfire because I still can't play BF3 on ultra.
    Do you mean SLI? NVidia multi-GPU = SLI, AMD Radeon multi-GPU = Crossfire. :P
    "A flower.

Some real gamers don't have a clue how to build their own rigs, hell some don't even know how to overclock their systems. (I was once in both of these positions, I've since learned a lot by stalking these forums.) Yes, I agree with you on practically all of your points, and as you'll see in my response to Arisfarreach above this reply, it is why I don't build computers to sell, rather I offer my talent to any friends who would like to take advantage of it.
    It still boggles my mind anyone can't put a computer together. I referred to it as snapping legos together for a reason. How to build a computer: put things that fit together together. The end. I just can't comprehend it...

Overclocking... eh, I don't think overclocking is simpler than a build. It's not exactly difficult these days, but playing with that stuff is riskier than putting together things that fit together. I wouldn't expect the average person to understand overclocking, or know how to do it without frying their hardware. "What? I can just turn my computer to run faster? Well I'll set it to eleventy bajillion superhertz then, why not? lolol OH GOD IT BURNS"

You didn't expect to play ultra in BF3 with a GTX560, no less what appears to be a non-Ti version, no?

Lower the settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not I good sir. Personally, I think it's one of the most ridiculous decision's Blizzard has ever made. To me, it's just not very representative of what WoW has been, or should be.

I know there are a lot of people out there that love the idea of an Asian-influenced panda environment, but I just don't get it.

Why must everything be on ultra... Sheesh people. It's still going to be damn pretty on high or even medium.

<grumble grumble, I thought chrono trigger had mind blowing graphics, grumble, kids these days don't appreciate what they have grumble grumble>

Can this NOT turn into a MOP thread? There's an entire subforum for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still boggles my mind anyone can't put a computer together. I referred to it as snapping legos together for a reason. How to build a computer: put things that fit together together. The end. I just can't comprehend it...

Overclocking... eh, I don't think overclocking is simpler than a build. It's not exactly difficult these days, but playing with that stuff is riskier than putting together things that fit together. I wouldn't expect the average person to understand overclocking, or know how to do it without frying their hardware. "What? I can just turn my computer to run faster? Well I'll set it to eleventy bajillion superhertz then, why not? lolol OH GOD IT BURNS"
    Eh, simply putting things that fit together, while close, is still not the safest idea. CPU power cord =/= PCI-e 8 pin equivalent power cord. >_<

But yeah, with a little bit of reading and listening and trying... anyone can build a computer who has a bit of patience.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 12:49 AM ----------

Why must everything be on ultra... Sheesh people. It's still going to be damn pretty on high or even medium.

<grumble grumble, I thought chrono trigger had mind blowing graphics, grumble, kids these days don't appreciate what they have grumble grumble>

Can this NOT turn into a MOP thread? There's an entire subforum for that.
    lol, yeah, let's keep the MoP side-discussion to a minimum for the sake of tetrisGOAT having to swing the hammer. :P

(Besides, I come to the computer forums, the only place where I'm safe away from all the panda-love and where plenty of other non or ex-WoW players are as well, hehe.)
    "A flower.