Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    It still boggles my mind anyone can't put a computer together. I referred to it as snapping legos together for a reason. How to build a computer: put things that fit together together. The end. I just can't comprehend it...

Overclocking... eh, I don't think overclocking is simpler than a build. It's not exactly difficult these days, but playing with that stuff is riskier than putting together things that fit together. I wouldn't expect the average person to understand overclocking, or know how to do it without frying their hardware. "What? I can just turn my computer to run faster? Well I'll set it to eleventy bajillion superhertz then, why not? lolol OH GOD IT BURNS"

I can completely understand why somebody wouldn't WANT to put a computer together. Sure, just about everybody easily COULD, but many just don't feel comfortable handling expensive computer components.

People are afraid of the unknown, and in this case, it rings true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay over 9000 for it.
    To be serious though, I am a major cheep ass when it comes to spending my money so... 900 probably. I'm sure it's worth more though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Everyone loves it? I've been laughing about the silliness of MoP since it was announced, and I quit way back in July/August. Don't be so ready to sell your rig though dude. Plenty of other things you can use it for, other games, buy a non-sub game, most games in existence don't have subs. :P You could join the mmo-champion.com folding@home team, (look for thread: MMO-C Folding Team) and put your computer towards helping scientists find cures for some of the more deadly diseases towards mankind.

At one point when I had quit WoW once before (but wasn't sure if I would come back) I was kind of thinking about selling my PC, but honestly, I'm happy I didn't. It would be a poor choice to do so, as then if you find a game you like or some use, you don't have a computer. Your computer is very new and current and like you said, it ran WoW pretty damn well, and yes, it's a very strong and good computer. Save it, you never know what the future holds.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 12:43 AM ----------

Do you mean SLI? NVidia multi-GPU = SLI, AMD Radeon multi-GPU = Crossfire. :P
    Yea sorry, SLI. =P This was my 1st build so I'm still learning the terms. =P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    I'd pay over 9000 for it.
    To be serious though, I am a major cheep ass when it comes to spending my money so... 900 probably. I'm sure it's worth more though.
    Here's your buyer! :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    I can completely understand why somebody wouldn't WANT to put a computer together. Sure, just about everybody easily COULD, but many just don't feel comfortable handling expensive computer components.

People are afraid of the unknown, and in this case, it rings true.
    I actually found that building my 1st PC was not as stressful as people make it out to be. I actually had fun. I just looked up a couple youtube videos on "how to build a gaming rig" and I found lots of helpful vids. =) I wouldn't mind building them for a living personally.
    Last edited by bamf775; 2011-11-09 at 01:04 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    I actually found that building my 1st PC was not as stressful as people make it out to be. I actually had fun. I just looked up a couple youtube videos on "how to build a gaming rig" and I found lots of helpful vids. =) I wouldn't mind building them for a living personally.
    This entire post describes me to the very last period. I wish the market for custom built PCs was bigger.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

EDIT: I take that back just a bit. Handling the CPU was a little nerve racking. I thought even the slightest mistake would destroy it trying to line it up perfectly in the slot.
    Fun fact: even after you've built 100000 PCs, you'll still worry about breaking the processor, or snapping the ram stick when you get a board that's extra stiff for putting it in (that's what she said, HEY-O).

I am a bit biased in not understanding why people have a problem with it. It was never represented as something difficult to me. Course, I was raised in a family that at one time bought a computer that cost more than a car, and was orders of magnitude less powerful than my phone is. When I was a kid I got to take a computer apart. I got to destroy that thing. Oh... memories... still, I don't know why it gets a reputation of being so hard. Meh, guess it makes it that much more fun when you do it the first time, and that much more common for parents friends to pay you an obscene amount of money to put the electronic legos together when you're in high school and want some extra cash or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here buddy. That last line speaks volumes about how I feel.

I think the most interesting part is trying to manage your cords once everything is connected. You really have to be creative to make sure you are getting the most effecient airflow. lol
    Last edited by bamf775; 2011-11-09 at 01:19 AM.

I think the most interesting part is trying to manage your cords once everything is connected. You really have to be creative to make sure you are getting the most effecient airflow. lol
    Not really. Just route them out the back, behind the motherboard. All the cables disappear

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I factored that into my second price. ;p It's only about a $95 monitor on newegg. =X
    People that buy a computer prebuilt from a person won't know of newegg. You're selling to a different market at that point. 1.5k was my high number, I would be shocked if someone paid for it, but that's why you ask for offers too if you're selling to a craigslist crowd, or even listing it in the paper.

I've seen people sell way shittier and older computers in the paper for 2-300 hundred, and they weren't worth 50.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2011-11-09 at 01:48 AM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

OC' that CPU, and advertise as OC'd CPU at 4.5 or something. A lot of people can't OC their computers, so will pay a bit more.

Looking for a casual weekend raiding guild - pref AU times for working people><

10+ Year Old Account
    The beautiful thing about something like Craigslist is that you can throw it out there at a high initial price, then slowly bring the price down to something more reasonable over time if nobody is biting. And, seriously, don't underestimate what someone with money to burn is willing to pay for a nice gaming rig. A buddy of mine sold a homebuilt PC not considerably better than that one for five grand--he used the money for the down payment on his Avalanche, lol. Was it worth it? Probably not, but he found someone willing to pay it anyway.