Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    You are guys are forgetting one thing

Being an amazingly awesome character with guns to shoot people and being sexier than everyone else > DPS
    How could we forget this! looks like hunters will be picked for raids after all.

Nobody in my guild has gotten the legendary staff yet so my dps is just about equal with our Arcane mages. We have no 'Locks or Rogues, or even Warriors at the present time so my dps, in any spec, is always at or near the top of our meters. As far as World of Logs goes, it's the most worthless piece of garbage in the WoW universe and totally unreliable.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    As far as World of Logs goes, it's the most worthless piece of garbage in the WoW universe and totally unreliable.
    If they aren't hacked or bugged, then they're probably the most useful tool ever. Just doing by your background and experience already makes me /facepalm.

JUNGYUP would top dps in paragon, so yeah

Nobody in my guild has gotten the legendary staff yet so my dps is just about equal with our Arcane mages. We have no 'Locks or Rogues, or even Warriors at the present time so my dps, in any spec, is always at or near the top of our meters.
    You are still farming regular modes. You're also obviously doing 10 mans. You should be near the top of damage meters then. Hunters didn't start to really freefall down the dps ranks until heroic gear. You play in an extremely casual raid setting. Most of the discussion here is more centered on serious endgame raiding, which is where hunters are having a "crisis". In a casual 10 man setting hunters will see their ranking on the meters go down in DS, but aren't likely to lose their raid spot because of it. You might find that you take a more serious nosedive than others, since your raid will be skipping a whole tier of gear. Those arcane mages (unless they're terrible) should rape you with or without a legendary in that gear.

As far as World of Logs goes, it's the most worthless piece of garbage in the WoW universe and totally unreliable.
    It's essentially the same thing as the damage meter you claim to be on top of. It just has far more uses. If World of Logs is "the most worthless piece of garbage in the WOW universe", then what would recount or skada be?
    -- 14 hunters at 85 -- 15th is at 83

I need a new hobby.

Nobody in my guild has gotten the legendary staff yet so my dps is just about equal with our Arcane mages. We have no 'Locks or Rogues, or even Warriors at the present time so my dps, in any spec, is always at or near the top of our meters. As far as World of Logs goes, it's the most worthless piece of garbage in the WoW universe and totally unreliable.
    Cool, so based on the fact that you raid without the top dps classes, we're fine. Sorry, but this is just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    I dont think anyone here requests to be overpowered, all the hunter community is asking for is fair treatment, fair chances, fair opportunity to be able to play their class without feeling like a burden or a special snowflake that needs extra care to be able to survive even.
    I was talking about pures vs hybrids in general. I've seen many a pure player arguing that their class should do more damage than a hybrid by default. That's why I'm arguing for balance: we shouldn't even want to be the highest class in the damage totem. The very fact a class, pure or not, is above all others beyond what could be expected from the usual effects of RNG, it means the system still needs work. Asking to be "up there with the arcane mages/shadow priests/include class here" only enforces that idea. The difference between "viable" and "optimal" seems to be extremely small to some people.

I just want to be middle of the road in 4.3 not dead last.

And world of logs isn't complete garbage at all. Sites like raidbots (who take data from world of logs) take lots of factors into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    I dont think anyone here requests to be overpowered, all the hunter community is asking for is fair treatment, fair chances, fair opportunity to be able to play their class without feeling like a burden or a special snowflake that needs extra care to be able to survive even.
    This is pretty much it. I don't want to feel like a burden to my raid because I know by the time were progressing on the last few fights in Heroic that I'll be falling behind to a point that will become difficult to excuse why we shouldn't bring in X class. Then will come the push for a server first/region first/top 10 and it's at this point where blizzard will have dps checks tuned to within seconds that we'll hear our raid leads ask us if we mind sitting out for a few attempts so they can try with X class.

Be quiet, the grown-ups are talking.
    [19:41:18] [S] [85:Furial:1]: If I were told in vanilla that one day hunters would be able to res 24 people in 1 go I would have quit the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesdawg View Post
    Be quiet, the grown-ups are talking.
    Might not have been the best reply but yet so true, if your guild havent gotten a ledgendary your guild cant be that good, im in a quite terrible guild and we have 6/7 hc due to the nerfs and a ledgendary.

What i think he were trying to say or atleast how i interpented it was that in the lower/mid guilds hunter will be good might even be superb but thats because the other people in the guild sucks compared to you. Thats how i feel, im not the best hunter in the world im quite bad compared to the best but im still far far better then most in my guild but i feel i wont be able to compete in the end of DS

<has been asked to reroll, anyone else?

you're expecting hunters to get buffed before 4.3 release?

Deleted
    I guess at least top guilds 0-50 guilds have asked their hunters to reroll if nothing happens before it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    <has been asked to reroll, anyone else?
    Probably re-rolling. Is a shame because I swapped mains from Enhance to Hunter for Heroic Rag, and now have to re-roll because blizzard are fucking retarded
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st