Thread: Pet Control

Pet Control

For affliction. I have pet attack bound to my mouse button 4, and something occurred to me today. If you have a fight with adds, is it ideal to movd your felpup off of your main target to dps adds? Considering the felpup has to travel to the target. Or do you keep him on your focus target?

Your Felhunter will follow you if you do enough damage to another target.

Oh pet assist, how I love you.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Always keep him on a target that you're maintaining dots on, which target that is depends on the fight and how you want to play it.

I'd say he should be on your main target, as he does more damage pert dot, which imma guess includes both haunt and shadowflame. So he'll do more damage on what you're damaging directly. Having said that, there may be fights where he'd be better off elsewhere, so get used to controlling him, just in case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post

You'll want to see that assist function burn in hell when you enter arena. But yeah, for pve it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    You'll want to see that assist function burn in hell when you enter arena. But yeah, for pve it's awesome.
    I kind of know what you're talking about, because my friends and I were doing naxx, where my pet was tanking one of the casters. THAT was FUN, at least until I stopped being dumb and put him on defensive

EDIT: By casters, I'm referring to the Four Horsemen
    Last edited by SvetlanaSvetlana; 2011-12-13 at 12:24 PM.

Only bads dont have their pet's on passive.
    Put your pet on passive and use pet attack macro's.
    Oh being able to play my class, how i love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I wasn't aware that using assist, while still properly controlling your pet was equal to being a bad player.

Silly me.

I wasn't aware that using assist, while still properly controlling your pet was equal to being a bad player.

Silly me.
    I was using my pet to chain lightning in Hagara lightning phase, and the people who had their pets on assist said they just couldn't control the pets, they kept moving out of their spot.

I just don't like the feeling that I'm not in control of my pet's actions.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    You're just talking crap now.. There is nothing wrong with the assist command for PVE. In 99% of the cases your pet will attack the target you want it to. And in that 1% that it doesn't you can still send it manually (pressing ctrl + 1 for pet attack like a baws)

Or do you mean macroing pet attack to your spells? So that it even switches target when you don't want it to?
    Go feel superior somewhere else.

@ clavarnway,
    chaining with your pet is a nice idea idd, I noticed it got hit by the lightning last raid. Yet it really isn't needed.

Deleted
    > chaining with your pet ... yet it really isn't needed

One less person to do the chain, reduced damage on "real" raid members, thats all positive. "Not needed" ? Sure, but why would we not help our raid in everyway we can ? (like help kicking spells with felhunter, dispell with imp, usign shadowguard/netherguard etc etc) warlocks have awesome utility, and small things cumulate into better overall raid experience. What i mean is that we're not *only* a dps machine !