Poll: Best Legend of Zelda Final Boss?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Meh, I recognized them instantly the first time I played TP, so I think they actually look pretty similar. Either way, some of the enemies in TP are flat out cell shaded, and there's no denying that fact. Cell shading started with WW, and it was continued in TP. Thankfully I haven't seen any of it in Skyward Sword yet.
    You can't be serious. Do you know what cell shading is?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I'd say that OoT freaks you out a bit due to nostalgia. Especially if you've played it five times this year.
    OoT is and was a great game, and defenatly had some grim parts, but over all the feeling in TP was far grimmer.

As for a boss, have to say Majora or Ganondorf from WW, bitches were hard!
    Possibly, though I try very hard to not be nostalgic about games when I play them, especially when comparing two games to each other. If anything, I think it's the sound that gets me in OoT more than anything. The random noises you hear in any of the dungeons that they designed to be scary.

Deleted
    ganondorf, by far, it was such a an amazing fight and character which you really wanted to fight all winn

Not sure how
    http://youtu.be/mtQ9zNXMyxE

is in the same league as
    http://youtu.be/UK5tjyp8nEc

OOT was simply amazing.

Yes, I am aware of what cell shading is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel-shaded_animation

And honestly I find that to be strange that the game is cell shaded. I'm looking at some Skyward Sword screenshots right now, and it doesn't look at all what I expect a cell shaded game to look like. Maybe it looks different in motion, but either way I gotta say, if that's cell shaded, it's some DAMN good cell shading.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Not sure how
    http://youtu.be/mtQ9zNXMyxE

is in the same league as
    http://youtu.be/UK5tjyp8nEc

OOT was simply amazing.
    The guy playing in this video is pretty bad.

Yes, I am aware of what cell shading is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel-shaded_animation

And honestly I find that to be strange that the game is cell shaded. I'm looking at some Skyward Sword screenshots right now, and it doesn't look at all what I expect a cell shaded game to look like. Maybe it looks different in motion, but either way I gotta say, if that's cell shaded, it's some DAMN good cell shading.
    If you knew what it was, you'd know Twilight Princess has 0 of it, and Skyward Sword is cell shaded completely.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-11-09 at 07:32 PM.

Ganondorf!! hands down for me

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post

If you knew what it was, you'd know Twilight Princess has 0 of it, and Skyward Sword is cell shaded completely.
    Pretty sure I know what it is. In fact, I'll quote the wikipedia article. "The result is that the object is drawn with a black outline and interior contour lines." Every screenshot and video I've seen of Skyward Sword lacks the black outline on every single model. It's cool though, if you want to continue to ignore everything I say and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I'm quite literally quoting the book at you, be my guest.

Anyway, I guess I'm done here. Better I back out now than say something I'll regret later with an infraction. In closing, I like how OoT and SS look, I dislike how TP and WW look. It is what it is, and my opinion on the matter won't change, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-11-09 at 07:48 PM.

Pretty sure I know what it is. In fact, I'll quote the wikipedia article. "The result is that the object is drawn with a black outline and interior contour lines." Every screenshot and video I've seen of Skyward Sword lacks the black outline on every single model. It's cool though, if you want to continue to ignore everything I say and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I'm quite literally quoting the book at you, be my guest.

Anyway, I guess I'm done here. Better I back out now than say something I'll regret later with an infraction. In closing, I like how OoT and SS look, I dislike how TP and WW look. It is what it is, and my opinion on the matter won't change, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    It's fact and not even debatable that SS is cel shaded.

"Graphically, the title incorporates a mixture between The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess: cel-shading and realistic elements, the former in relation to the overworld, and the latter in respect to Link's appearance and weaponry. However, in the September 2010 issue of Nintendo Power, Aonuma mentioned that neither style contributed to the choice of art styles, and that they simply chose it since the developers are focusing on "swordplay", meaning that they wanted to make the swordplay accessible and clear to the user.

Cel-shaded versions of enemies such as Octoroks, Deku Babas, and Bokoblins were apparent during the gameplay at the Conference in order to further explain the motion capabilities of the sword with Wii Motion Plus and the weapons during combat. In terms of the overworld, an open forest-like area was shown, that housed a large, central tree and a multitude of colorful attributes such as mushrooms, foliage, and even temple-like entrances along the area's walls."

http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_..._Skyward_Sword

My favourite is Ganondorf in Twilight Princess, but that might be because it is the only Zelda game I have played myself. I have seen a few of the other final bosses on youtube and most of them seems interesting, but I am sticking with Ganondorf anyway.

Honorable mention to Puppet Ganon in WW, for being part of the hardest sidequest in any Zelda game ever. Getting a picture of that bastard took hours, and then that stupid guy rejected it. Just depressing.

(His room and his various forms were also pretty damn scary, for anyone saying WW couldn't be dark. WW's style also held up about 100 times better than OoT.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Might have been brought up already, but wheres Bellum?

Although he wasn't my favourite, he was still annoyingly frustrating. The game in general was, but it was what Zelda essentially is, travelling a field back and forth to complete. Although the sea was annoying.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account

SS is cel-shaded so you're essentially saying you like the cel-shaded look while saying you hate cel-shading. 'kay, but I think we can make an Xzibit joke in there somewhere.

Understand that Wikipedia is not the be-all, end-all, and that the definition could be leaving parts out, or even be incorrect. SS is cel-shaded and the developers even blatantly state that SS is cel-shaded. It's not heavily stylized like WW was, but it's still cel-shading.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot how epic OoT was...maybe the best boss fight of all time in any game imo.

If I wasnt in the TOR beta this weekend I'd dust off the N64 and play the crap out OoT again...maybe next week!

Quote Originally Posted by NyghtFox View Post
    Forgot how epic OoT was...maybe the best boss fight of all time in any game imo.

If I wasnt in the TOR beta this weekend I'd dust off the N64 and play the crap out OoT again...maybe next week!
    Buy, steal, or borrow a 3DS for the updated one. It's worth it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~