Poll: Purely hypothetical: Which of the following three games will NOT be released in 2012?

There will be at least...

From the frontpage:

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    •There will be at least two major releases next year.
    I know Blizzard will probably have three major releases next year, and Blizzard is usually careful regarding release dates, but I was surpirzed by this statement nevertheless, and it made me thinking:

Imagine the situation where Blizzard would only have two major releases next year, then which of the following three would be delayed to at least 2013?

WoW: Mists of Pandaria
    Diablo III
    SCII: Heart of the Swarm
    Last edited by conceit2; 2011-11-09 at 01:16 AM.

Diablo 3 was confirmed to be released in 2012 by Activision CEO.
    http://kotaku.com/5857623/yes-were-g...duty-next-year

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Diablo 3 was confirmed to be released in 2012 by Activision CEO.
    http://kotaku.com/5857623/yes-were-g...duty-next-year
    Or is it? Don't forget we're dealing with Blizzard here!

But I agree with you that, in this specific situation, it is most likely that it is one of the two expansions that would be delayed past 2012.

15+ Year Old Account
    HoTS has been, give or take, confirmed for next year. From what I remember, they were looking at another 6-8 months for it to be released(With beta being on the way shortly)

At least 2 is the safe way of saying, "They should all be release, but just in case"

D3 is 100% coming out next year. Blizz can't delay it any more and it's going to be a big cash increase for them in the short term, and the long run.

MoP can't be pushed back to 2013 because they would lose even MORE subscribers if they did, especially if it went over a year with 4.3 content. They need to get that out this year to get players back into the game and pick up some new ones.

HoTS is really the only one they can afford to delay seeing as there is no long term revenue scheme currently in the game (the map selling thingy isn't around yet as far as I know), and if I'm not mistaken has (will have) a smaller number of total sales than either other franchise. So while it makes them a lot of money, I don't think it makes as much as WoW makes, nor does it currently have the potential to make as much as D3.

In all reality, all three are most likely coming out next year.

Deleted
    I dont see how wow can survive with no major patches next year as they said 4.3 will be the last tier and that will probably come out either late this month or early next month dont think the event leading to mop and the raid in 4.3 will last a whole year.

If D3 is delayed, there will be riots.

If MoP is delayed, WoW will hemorrhage subscribers after 4.3 is consumed (assuming no further major content patches).

If HoTS is delayed, there would be QQ but not mass outrage.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it would be HotS although I think all three will be released for sure. Diablo 3 is coming early in 2012 for sure. Mists absolutely has to come out in early-mid 2012. If they think a 1.7 million subscriber drop is bad, just wait to see what would happen if they pulled the same content cycle that they did at the end of Wrath with ICC being the only significant content for a year. Subs would drop like a brick. SC2 will survive and be popular without the HotS expansion. The expansion is essentially just free money for Blizzard. I think they would have way more to lose not releasing D3 in 2012 than they would SC2's expansion. Still, all three should be out easily barring a massive letdown.