Poll: Should shadowfury be shadowflame dmg.

Should shadowfury be shadowflame dmg too?

I was just wanting to get some opinion's from other warlocks on this thought. We have two talents in the destruction tree that give us a new skill "shadowburn" and "shadowfury". I also realize these were both added much before Cata and the whole mastery stuff but considering in 4.3 shadowburn is being changed to shadowFLAME dmg so that our mastery buffs it as well as our 25% more fire dmg passive. If they are doing this for shadowburn don't you think it should also be done to shadowfury?

I know some people will think it's pointless since shadowfury isn't about it's damage obv but I still think it's rather stupid having destruction learn shadow dmg skills.....

What do you guys think?

Yes. Just for the sake of it scaling better, and it not just being a PvP tool. It's very handy for keeping mobs still for AoE or reapplying dots. Honestly, I don't think something being pure shadow damage is unique or vintage to destro anymore, it might as well be shadowflame damage.

Meh, it's a ranged aoe stun, it doesn't matter WHAT kind/how much damage it does. :P

Deleted
    For pve this wouldnt make that much of a diffrence, but for pvp it would, once you get locked out you still would be able to cast shadowfury.

Unlike Shadowburn, Shadowfury has nothing tied into it that implies that it SHOULD be Shadowflame damage. So, technically speaking, it wouldn't really make sense for it to be Shadowflame damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Heky View Post
    For pve this wouldnt make that much of a diffrence, but for pvp it would, once you get locked out you still would be able to cast shadowfury.
    But when do you get locked out of shadow while your destro? There's no cast moves you use other then fire ones which means shadowfury doesn't get locked out anyway :O

I personally haven't checked Shadowfury's damage as of late, but from what I recall it was pretty pitiful, so making it shadowflame would hardly fix anything.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

While it is superior to RoF dps, it really isn't that big a concern - It is an aoe instant cast - its coefficient is laughable. I admit, I haven't bothered to keep in touch with the new format for coefficients, but it is probably something in the order of .33 * .43 * spellpower? So... 14%? As a tradeoff for being unable to be locked out by interrupt, since you have no casttime shadow. winner!

And in Mists it doesn't have any damage attached to it - same as they stripped damage from other classes cc's that would become the default choice just because of the damage.

Deleted
    Isn't the damage part of shadowfury being removed in MoP?

I totally forgot the dmg was being removed in MoP.... well yea obv there's no point.