Mobo and processors

Most I've done to my computer before is upgrade Video Card and RAM, how hard is installing new MOBO and Processor by myself?

not very hard just watch some videos and read you mobo manual. should be simple.

Neither is too difficult assuming you can follow the installation manual. There's several videos on Youtube that cover the basics of assembling a computer that you can watch to see how simple the process really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Neither is too difficult assuming you can follow the installation manual. There's several videos on Youtube that cover the basics of assembling a computer that you can watch to see how simple the process really is.
    OFF TOPIC:hey dedweight, where you in symbolic logic?

Hmm. Thanks for the reply's, I'm looking at upgrading too processor and Mobo.
    Already have a 1000 Watt Power Supply, I'm hoping that's gonna be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Hmm. Thanks for the reply's, I'm looking at upgrading too processor and Mobo.
    may i ask why u upgrading to the LGA1366 socket. for those prices you can go full LGA1155 and i5 2500k. but of course you would need ram that would fit it all and all it would be cheaper for better performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Ill be the first to say (maybe), too expensive and dead tech.

2500k/ p(or)z67 mobo is better price/performance.

Also, with the money saved, you can get new ram and heatsink for the new board. WOO (still saving some as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Ill be the first to say (maybe), too expensive and dead tech.

2500k/ p(or)z67 mobo is better price/performance.

Also, with the money saved, you can get new ram and heatsink for the new board. WOO (still saving some as well)
    And this is why I'm asking questions lol, I really don't keep up on the new tech. If there's any chance you guys could link me up with an i7 quad core processor and mobo to go with it, I would love you guys long time. I honestly have no idea whats coming and going out and don't even know where to start looking it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That CPU and Motherboard are outdated. Get these:

Motherboard: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...159&CatId=6991
    CPU: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...161&CatId=6988

Cheaper and better.

1000w power supply is more than enough.

As for installing the motherboard and CPU, it's more finicky than it is difficult. Whatever you do, don't touch the gold plating on the CPU and do not bend the pins. Do not force the processor into the socket, all you need to do is line the pins up and drop it in.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    OFF TOPIC:hey dedweight, were you in symbolic logic?
    Never heard of them so guess not. :P

But yeah, definitely go with a newer Mobo/CPU combo, the LGA1366 combos aren't horrible(I'm running the i7-920 on that socket) but to save you a headache later on should either part fail go with the the 2nd gen i3/5/7 options.

Personally I'd go with a different Manufacturer, nothing against ASRock as their boards are decent I've just had several weird issues with them in the past.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2011-11-09 at 06:09 AM.

Proccessor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115072

and

MoBo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157264

now make sure your ram is ddr3 1600
    and you should be fine.
    I've got 8 gig's of the Ripjaw and using 4 gig's of an older DDR3 1600 right now, should I just up it with another 8 gig's of the Ripjaw DDR3?

And I'm looking to upgrade to the i7, do you have any reccomendations for the i7 quad processors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    I've got 8 gig's of the Ripjaw and using 4 gig's of an older DDR3 1600 right now, should I just up it with another 8 gig's of the Ripjaw DDR3?
    Try not to mix vendors/speeds etc...It's best to have the same RAM in the system instead of two different ones. My advice is to put the 8gigs in, take out the other 4gbs and put them into another computer or sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Try not to mix vendors/speeds etc...It's best to have the same RAM in the system instead of two different ones. My advice is to put the 8gigs in, take out the other 4gbs and put them into another computer or sell them.
    Hmm, good to know, I think I might just order the RAM right now. The older stuff I would just toss, I've had it in the same machine since 2008.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 08:26 PM ----------

Would anyone be able to show me a good Mobo to accompany this processor?