Just finshed build..need my network driver..

My MOBO came with a CD for the Chipset Driver, my GTX I can go to NIVIDA and get the driver, but I need my Network driver. I tryed looking up my Modem its a SMCD3GN but I cant find a driver for it. Can some1 point me in the right direction please, and thank you!

Hmm...would this work?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/deta...&DwnldID=18713

Obviously pick the correct Window 7 I got.
    Last edited by Specialk; 2011-11-09 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    What's your motherboard?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128498

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 05:57 AM ----------

Also its not seeing my HD, its just seeing the SSD. I have both of their SATAs plugged into the same port unit, would this be why its only seeing one?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/prod...73&dl=1#driver - Select "Driver" and your operating system from the appropriate drop down boxes. Go down to LAN and download "Realtek LAN Driver".

As for your other problem, what do you mean plugged into the same SATA port? On the back of the SSD and HDD there should be two ports, one power port and one SATA port. Make sure both plugs on both the SSD and the HDD are plugged in properly (also make sure that the SSD is plugged into the 6gb/s port). If your HDD still isn't showing up it is more than likely that it hasn't been formatted.

99% sure the network driver is in the CD that came with motherboard. Also you do need the chipset drivers, USB drivers, audio drivers etc from it (or the counterparts from manufacturer's website).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    99% sure the network driver is in the CD that came with motherboard. Also you do need the chipset drivers, USB drivers, audio drivers etc from it (or the counterparts from manufacturer's website).
    I've come across a few machines (mostly laptops) recently that didn't come bundled with LAN/Wireless drivers....

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Yep, MOBO CD took care of pretty much everything but the GTX/Mouse/Keyboard drivers. But she is up and running great now!

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped using CD's that came with hardware a long time ago, motherboard included. It's best to download the latest drivers/utilities driectly from the manufacturer's website (99% chance they will have it). Who knows what critical issues the latest drivers could address?

Anyway, enjoy your PC
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I stopped using CD's that came with hardware a long time ago, motherboard included. It's best to download the latest drivers/utilities driectly from the manufacturer's website (99% chance they will have it). Who knows what critical issues the latest drivers could address?
    I'm on totally opposite camp with this, with the good old "if it ain't broken, dont fix it" philosophy. The CD shipping with motherboard is what's tested and known to work with the board, and unless there's some problems or well known performance/stability issues, I'm not updating anything outside Windows Update service, which is again guaranteed on some level at least to be stable.

Sure with desktop you can often get some minor tweaks and improvements with newer drivers, but it's hardly never worth it with the exception of graphics card.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Windows Update can die in a fire, absolutely none of it's driver updates are to be trusted and I'm also very choosy with any updates overall. But I do hope you update your BIOS every now and then, it helps overclocking, system stability, etc, pretty critical stuff.
    You really can't go wrong with the manufacturer's site though and rolling back drivers is just one click away with most onboard devices (if something does go horribly wrong, which I've never experienced).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd tend to install the LAN driver from the Disc and get the rest from the various websites. Namely becuase they don't come bundled with 300thousnands bits of useless software I didn't choose to install