Poll: Will you change to Fire next patch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will you Re-spec to Fire in 4.3?

Will you change to Fire next patch after the buff?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9417703; 2011-11-16 at 05:09 PM.

I am if the dps is there

Deleted
    Fire was the reason I started playing a mage in the first place. Yeah, I'm going back to fire if it REALLY is competitive again (haven't been on PTR).

I plan on using Arcane and Fire both, depending on what the fight calls for. The annoying part will be the reforging [really need to fix the high reforge costs on some items, like the Hyjal ring], but I did that in Tier 11 all the time.

I've been fire since about march, and I cannot wait for these buffs to hit live so I can melt even more faces. And my OS is arcane pvp. Yes I am silly.

I am wondering how it's going to affect fire pvp though, the buffs might make it pretty awesome. In non-serious pvp, before people bring that one up.

very likely to be fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namtlade View Post
    I've been fire since about march, and I cannot wait for these buffs to hit live so I can melt even more faces.
    Only shadow priests melts faces.. sorry

I will definitely be making a return to fire. Looks good on the PTR, arcane just isn't engaging.

I hope every mage respecc fire... I can't imagine that anyone actually likes playing as arcane.
    Fire is sooo much more fun than arcane tbh, and i guess almost everyone share the same opinion as me.

For me it doesn't really matter what spec I play as long as it provides the best obtainable dps. But more variety will definitely be a good thing, cause there's only one boss atm where going fire gives you any benefit.

If fire does more dps than 3% of the raids dps, then yeah probably...

I dislike fire's playstyle... but I'll switch to it if the conditions are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will go Fire for the bosses where it is better than Arcane.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Deleted
    I'm hoping arcane will still be able to get the job done.
    But there is a small chance it will be, so i'll probebly make the switch again.
    No offence to the fire lovers out there, i do think they should make it valiable again, just hope they fix the fights abit so arcane and fire can both be used without feeling forced to change spec.

Deleted
    My passion is frost but dead in 4.3. I am forced to play fire : /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    I hope every mage respecc fire... I can't imagine that anyone actually likes playing as arcane.
    Fire is sooo much more fun than arcane tbh, and i guess almost everyone share the same opinion as me.
    ow is it? i played fire alot, since you are fishing for opinions on other ppl i don't share the same love for fire as you
    Maybe ppl think fire is boring :O (yes, I said it)

Definitely if it's comparable to Arcane! I've always liked to play as fire better because you don't have as much of a dps loss from moving around. The rotation is also a bit more interesting. I only wish it wasn't so RNG based =( can't ask for too much I guess!

Deleted
    No way! I'll never go Fire again. Tried it in 4.0 but it's such a horrible playstyle that I ended up quitting wow until 4.1 fixed mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill be trying fire and stay arcane pvp.

Frost pvp and arcane pve was the reason I stopped playing my mage, to boring.

I'm a hardcore raider but I don't raid hardcore on my Mage, I play Fire already because Arcane is the most boring spec in the game. Yes I know it's more than 1 button, but it's not really much more than 1 button. Fire is much much funner and I'm looking forward to the buffs in 4.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll View Post
    I'm a hardcore raider but I don't raid hardcore on my Mage, I play Fire already because Arcane is the most boring spec in the game. Yes I know it's more than 1 button, but it's not really much more than 1 button. Fire is much much funner and I'm looking forward to the buffs in 4.3
    you are looking at recount waaaaaay to much my friend, i'm pushing more buttons in arcane then i ever did on fire (single target).
    So what if our blast is the most use spell, yours is fireball...
    Second one, pyro for you, missiles for arcane
    Third one, you combust, we'll do arcane power
    You don't care about mana, we try to keep it up

Conclusion, arcane is fun if you know what your doing. i don't mind non-mages saying its a one button spec.
    i do feel its offensive if our fellow mages say it. you clearly need to do somme research imo about your class before dissing arcane
    Last one is not ment personal btw, its just for every person on the mage forums that like to talk down on another spec