Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I LOVE the fact that intellect is no longer a regen stat in MoP.
    This news made me incredibly happy.
    take that disc priest!

now you wont be able to boast about your op regan vs holy anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    I wonder how they will overhaul rapture.

I'll miss the mana regen, but it's a good thing if when can have compatible stuffs between holy and disc.
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-11-10 at 06:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox165 View Post
    could be a passive shield like scared shield was in wrath. But it makes me wonder will disc lose pain suppression because as it stands now it seems like priest will bring a ton of tank cooldowns to raids.
    Losing pain suppression would really suck, i think it will still be baseline disc since its been around forever but who knows. I cant wait till they release a talent calculator with all the passive spells you will be getting as well. I guess we wont know until then.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    take that disc priest!

now you wont be able to boast about your op regan vs holy anymore
    Rapture will probably still exist. All healers will likely still have some form of class-specific regen mechanic that adds some flavor. For disc, that has been rapture for the last two expansions, and I don't see any obvious reason for this to change.

The major change would be that this would be based on spirit instead of int. For example; instead of returning a percentage of max mana, it could return the numerical value of spirit as manaregen. Or instead of int setting the size of the manapool, spirit could, and the old mechanic is effectively the same.

The reason this change makes me happy isn't because of a hidden take that agenda against disc. It's because regen will now scale similarly between all classes. In Cataclysm, INT values increased by quite a lot more than SPI between 4.1 and 4.2. This made the healers scaling with INT an advantage compared to the ones scaling with SPI. Balance here is tricky. In MoP, some healers will probably still require more spirit than other classes, but it will all be based on the same stat, and it's a stat that everyone would want to take some of, that everyone would want MORE of for each content patch. Unlike today, where the SPI cap effectively decreases with each content patch.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Well that was a better answer and I didn't know that they've said that that would never be done. well hope they'll work something out.
    Sorry Jose, you've been around the forum for awhile. To be honest, I thought you were joking/ trolling (in a friendly way) since that's pretty much what the Trial of the Champion Lightwell has become on the Priest section.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Sorry Jose, you've been around the forum for awhile. To be honest, I thought you were joking/ trolling (in a friendly way) since that's pretty much what the Trial of the Champion Lightwell has become on the Priest section.
    Ehh to be honest it hasn't really been brought up since 4.2. Not enough attention has been paid to holy priests for the auto lightwell comments to keep rolling in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I've been asking it for you too

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 12:53 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Currently, Shadow Priests are very RNG dependent for Shadow Orbs. This can affect our dps a lot, especially the beginning rotation when we start dotting up the boss. It usually isn't as much of an issue mid-fight, when we can manage to keep the dots running with ES. Is there going to be any changes to the Orb mechanic in 5.0?

Shadow Orbs are random because otherwise you would always have a full stack when your Mind Blast was off cooldown, and you wouldn't even care about the mechanic. To address that in 5.0, you will never "cap" on Shadow Orbs. Mind Blast will cost 1 Orb, and have no cooldown. So the more orbs you generate "through RNG" the better, whereas currently if you generate more orbs before Mind Blast is off cooldown its kind of a waste.
    I feel like the person asking the question was a moron. The intro to a fight is the LEAST important factor to "affecting our dps a lot". But hey, what do I know? HOWEVER the answer is a very interesting take on what's to come, and why Surge of Darkness could be cool.[COLOR="red"]
    I respectfully disagree. Quite a few fights have bloodlust and prepot right at the start, not getting any shadow orb in that time does noticably hurt overall dps.
    I also disagree with the original question though.
    It usually isn't as much of an issue mid-fight, when we can manage to keep the dots running with ES.
    Not getting a Shadow Orb during Heroic Rag progress in time to mind sear the adds in p2 has killed people in our attempts.

The whole RNG part is very annoying in general as far as I'm concerned. Their new system sounds like an improvement though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changes look pretty good actually. Shame they're really balancing more around PvE then PvP, because that shadow orb change is gonna make Shadow Priests awesome in Arena

But yes, as a discipline priest, I have to say I'm pretty happy with that I'm seeing.

Oh hey, Spirit Shell. Maybe you'll make into F&F Alpha this time! You do have a name this go around, so that's something. Maybe that's why they didn't test you for Cataclysm, they needed a year to do market test research on a name! It all make sense now.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was like christmas for me; I didn't get everything I wished for, but the most important things were in the box. /cheers for Spirit regen for all

I stay on my guard though, most Blizzard say sounds good on paper. Let's see how it will look in reality

10+ Year Old Account

Changes to Mind Blast

Priest (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • In 5.0, you will never "cap" on Shadow Orbs. Mind Blast will cost 1 Orb, and have no cooldown.

Am I reading this right? Are they really taking away the cooldown from Mind Blast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningbuns View Post
    • In 5.0, you will never "cap" on Shadow Orbs. Mind Blast will cost 1 Orb, and have no cooldown.

Am I reading this right? Are they really taking away the cooldown from Mind Blast?
    If you have a hunter alt, Mind Blast will probably do the same for priests that Arcane Shot does for hunters. Resource dump.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Yep as of right now no CD on MB.. If you have at least one orb you can cast MB...

I don't like the idea of Int being uncoupled from regen again. It was like that through vanilla and part of TBC and it was definitely subpar to the new regen model. Back then priest main stats were SP and mana/5 (or spirit), and there wasn't anything attractive about the experience. For a lack of a better description it was very dry and 1-dimensional. Really don't want it at all.

Removal of Replenishment would be more than enough, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningbuns View Post

it most likely wont hit as hard if they remove the cd

my only issue is that they are keeping orb generation RNG and not giving us any way to generate at least one orb.....if that isnt changed....i hope the Empowered shadows mechanic is changed

do they plan on addressing our issue with mastery procs? and our ability to gain substantially more from them than most classes?