Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy Is it me or resilience doesnt do much nowdays?

On my lvl 85 hunter i have almost full ruthless and 4100 resilience. however im noticing that in BGs i often get critted for 30k damage + and dots tick way too hard. and some classes just lock me down and i die before i can even get control of my char. am i doing something terribly wrong or other people noticed this aswell?

thats bgs, i hate them for this reason, 5 people stunlocking/silencing you down and you cant do anything about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    thats bgs, i hate them for this reason, 5 people stunlocking/silencing you down and you cant do anything about it
    That's PvP... If you are alone vs 5 people you are not supposed to be able to do anything! If you did anything wrong then it is that you were at the wrong place at the wrong time, keep to the group or if you are alone stay away from theirs.

I think the OP fealt that this happened even in 1v1 situations though, which I can agree on that Blizzard did fail quite a bit on the whole; increase everyone's health by over 100k so the fights are longer, they are just as short as they were in Wrath. You can still easily burst people down unless they have survival cd's like Ice Block or Divine Shield, or a healer babysitting them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    That's PvP... If you are alone vs 5 people you are not supposed to be able to do anything! If you did anything wrong then it is that you were at the wrong place at the wrong time, keep to the group or if you are alone stay away from theirs.

I think the OP fealt that this happened even in 1v1 situations though, which I can agree on that Blizzard did fail quite a bit on the whole; increase everyone's health by over 100k so the fights are longer, they are just as short as they were in Wrath. You can still easily burst people down unless they have survival cd's like Ice Block or Divine Shield, or a healer babysitting them.
    Just wanted to add that as healer vs competent dps you can't afford errors either. Their are so many stuns, silences, snares and roots it ain't funny anymore

Kill the mage/ele shaman or tranq the ret paladin throwing hammers at you in avenging wrath.
    only couple classes i know that can hit that hard on so much resil.

next xpac will fix that, when you have to choose one out of 3, compared to 2-3 now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Kill the mage/ele shaman or tranq the ret paladin throwing hammers at you in avenging wrath.
    only couple classes i know that can hit that hard on so much resil.

DK's chaining 20k crits, hunter's, shadow priests, warriors, rogues (Ok, rogue's not 20k but they crit alot for 15k+)

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    On my lvl 85 hunter i have almost full ruthless and 4100 resilience. however im noticing that in BGs i often get critted for 30k damage + and dots tick way too hard. and some classes just lock me down and i die before i can even get control of my char. am i doing something terribly wrong or other people noticed this aswell?
    Try to PVP in pvp gear and you'll get crit for 50k+ or even 60k+. So I think you can say 30k+ is about the 40% damage reduction you got from your resilience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Try to PVP in pvp gear and you'll get crit for 50k+ or even 60k+. So I think you can say 30k+ is about the 40% damage reduction you got from your resilience.
    As far as I can tell he isn't questioning whether his PvP gear is bugged or not. Just if it's working as intended..

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    You meant PvE gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    DK's chaining 20k crits, hunter's, shadow priests, warriors, rogues (Ok, rogue's not 20k but they crit alot for 15k+)
    Human rogues do crit 25k+ ambush more then often

Deleted
    I feel the same on my Enhancement Shaman, I get bursted down quite a lot even with 4k Resi and my CD's up during some stupid stunlock.
    Even more uncopeable for me because I lack such tools to shut others down, yes hex is great but you can't exactly burst them down without them walking away/using abilities after it breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that a good healer vs a good dps, the dps will ALWAYS win. It's bull shit. And them both having loads of resil, just makes it more pronounced.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you are just bad geared, my hunter in full ruthless (except belt, i highly dubt that will do any difference) CRITS 15k aimed (you know, we need to cast for 2,8 seconds in PvP gear, or wait for a RNG proc which almost never happens) and maybe 25k chimera (10-9 second CD) with trinket UP on a proper geared class (i saw a 17k aimed shot in PvE gear with proc trinket + onUse trinket + tol'vir potion...i was like "Oh, god")

in a PvP vs PvP fight without zerk buffs only a mage/spriest can crit you for 40k

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    You meant PvE gear?
    that was indeed what I ment, still a bit sleepy :P

I love being hit for 40k TVS through 3500 resil.

Wait, no i dont :P
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to add that as healer vs competent dps you can't afford errors either. Their are so many stuns, silences, snares and roots it ain't funny anymore
    It's power creep, man. Heals heal for so much, so efficiently, that you simply can't let healers freecast them - so everyone MUST have an interrupt.

A lot of classes have silences attached to their interrupts, and annoyingly, these silences are applied regardless of whether or not they interrupt anything (everyone's seen a mage outskill a healer by throwing a blanket CS at the tail end of a 20 sec CC chain.)

Stuns and roots are necessary to avoid being peeled, or for use as a brief defensive cooldown (one less person pumping damage into you.) Snares are necessary for melee characters to stay on ranged, and necessary for ranged to stay away from melee. Like I said, power creep.

I personally think stuns need to go away and be replaced with disorients and the like, or at least be changed so that stuns will break automatically whenever you take X% of your total HP while stunned - maybe up to 30%. I believe CC should be used to lock someone down while you kill someone else - not "spam stuns on them and blow them up while they can't do a single fuckin thing."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

As far as I can tell he isn't questioning whether his PvP gear is bugged or not. Just if it's working as intended..
    If it reduces damage taken by 40% orso with 4.1k resi, it's working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now imagine if you had 0 resilience, 60k+ crits wouldn't be something unknown for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I hate that a good healer vs a good dps, the dps will ALWAYS win. It's bull shit. And them both having loads of resil, just makes it more pronounced.
    If its a resto druid yes. Any other healer will outlive an equally skilled dps.