Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Sell them. They're dirt cheap to make anyway, as long as all your realm's gold farmers haven't been shut down.
    All my server's farmers have been. Mixed feelings.

Anyway. Price is going to drop from 4.2 because of the shatter, but there'll still be a lot of people needing enchants on all their new shinies - maybe the raid finder will provide extra levels of upgrades for people, requiring more enchants. I'm going to say longer than 2 weeks, though.

Sell them. They're dirt cheap to make anyway, as long as all your realm's gold farmers haven't been shut down.

Deleted
    maybe use them to make enchants now? beat the rush and try to pre-sell some as were looking at a few weeks for 4.3?

With ZA and stuff being nerfed and also the new heroics coming out, the price will go up, depending on server.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    on every server I play on heavenly shards are going for the same price as maelstrom or a bit more expensive.

can only see this getting more lopsided as less people run heroics after the dragon raids next patch

two major factors will be at play.

HUGE surge in demand for people enchanting new gear. OFC they will also be able to be obtained from maelstorm shatter.
    I would expect them to drop to about 50g per and maelstorm crystals rise to 100 or so per.

Overall i think that there will be a greater demand for these in 4.3 as the supply will decrease initally as people spam the new heroics dropping maelstroms only, however would be wary farming these as once people start getting back into the old heroics where there is only blues that no1 wants the price will more than likely start to take another dip.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will fall because you can shatter the maelstrom crystals.

But it's funny seeing them going for higher than Maelstrom crystals right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    You only have to do 4 bosses in both ZA/ZG to unlock the last boss, instead of actually clearing the entire instance. Don't like the Lynx boss? Skip it. Don't like the poison boss in ZG? Skipp it.
    Good point. I think Maelstroms are going to be in short supply with everyone getting enchants for their new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    what item from a BS is cheap to make but creates heavenly shards?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    If you cant wowhead blacksmithing and find one yourself. You don't deserve to know.

Mod Edit: Don't be rude.

Pointing out laziness is not being rude. It's telling someone to have a quick squiz at their profession.
    Last edited by azzazza; 2011-11-13 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    Stormforged shoulders is generally the best one to get shards from, there are a couple of recipes that use the same mats as that one also. Whether it's worth it is highly dependant on what obsidium and elementium ore prices are on your server so you'll have to do the math and work out the profit

Basic formula that i use is PriceStackElementium *.8 + PriceStackObsidium *.4 - HeavenlyShardSell = Profit. On my server works out to be about 30-100g depending on the time of sale.
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

http://vilesauctions.blogspot.com/20...ide-storm.html

As you can see in that post, you will find info on things to get stocked up and things that you will need to unload. As for the Heavenly Shards

So as a overview of the entire post, buy Maelstrom Crystals, sell Heavenly Shards, buy Elementium Ore/Bars, Buy Leather. (you will buy if the price is low or normal, don't go and buy at inflated prices, there really shouldn't be any reason why you should)
    that's the recap if you don't feel like reading the entire thing

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It will fall because you can shatter the maelstrom crystals.

But it's funny seeing them going for higher than Maelstrom crystals right now.
    This will be server dependant. If MC's are running higher in the 150-200g range and HS's are 60-90 there will probably not be a lot of shattering taking place as there is no real reason to do it as you will not really make any more gold. The biggest factor will be the amount of MC's that people stored up for 4.3. If people dump a large amount of MC's or purchased them at super low prices with the intent of shattering then HS will most likely dump. I have over 200 MC's for enchanting purposes but I am sure there are others that alot more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Stormforged shoulders is generally the best one to get shards from, there are a couple of recipes that use the same mats as that one also. Whether it's worth it is highly dependant on what obsidium and elementium ore prices are on your server so you'll have to do the math and work out the profit

Stormforged Legguards
    Stormforged Shoulders
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Vileplague View Post
    http://vilesauctions.blogspot.com/20...ide-storm.html

As you can see in that post, you will find info on things to get stocked up and things that you will need to unload. As for the Heavenly Shards
    Never heard of this blog...but that is a lot of wasted space, he could make belt buckles and save quite a bit of it or make some simple enchants that you know 100% will sell(mighty stats, haste/mastery to gloves)
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-11-23 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    heavenly shards will go down in price, mealstroms will be going up because of the maelstrom shatter. In fact stocking up on crystals will make a profit by reselling after patch.