Disc Tank Healing 10m FL HM

So I have read a lot of threads talking about stat weighs for disc. I couldn't seem to find anything with the info i'm looking for sooo NEW THREAD TIME! So I have seen a lot of people debating over the normal presets Mastery>Haste>Crit But I see a lot of people saying Haste>Crit>Mastery. I have always used Holy for raid healing but due to some changes I have the ability to step into a tank healing role. So my question is What is the best stat priority for a Disc Priest Tank healing a 10M in FL HM? Also are there any other posts someone can link for me to read up on that relates directly to 10m tank healing?

Deleted
    intellect -> spirit -> mastery -> crit -> haste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mAtu View Post
    intellect -> spirit -> mastery -> crit -> haste
    No. Spirit is probably the stat you'll be reforging out of the most as a disc priest once you're into FL HCs. With decent rapture management you shouldn't need much more than 2k spirit which you'll easily have from ilvl 378 gear.

Regarding Mastery/Haste/Crit - the three stats have good synergy as a disc priest and you want a balance of the three depending on which spells you lean on hardest.

Haste is the biggest throughput increase because if effects everything, and means you can get casts off quicker when the tank takes a few boss hits in a row and needs urgently saving, but means you burn through mana faster. Usually getting Gheal down to about 2.1 seconds is a good place to aim for.

Mastery only really affects shields, and while we do use shields a fair bit, its not Wolk bubble spam. If you use a lot of shields mastery might be worth more to you than crit.

Crit is actually quite good for tank healing now, as though it's rng and so not reliable when you really want it, more bit gheal crits on the tank make healing a lot easier, especially as crits leave DA, and for DA crit is a better stat than mastery. Crit is pretty meaningless for shields though (the glyph can crit, but not for much) so again it depends on your playstyle. If you spend a lot more time healing with gheal/pennance/pom/poh than shields then crit is worth more than mastery, if its the other way round then mastery>crit if you're in between then you want a balance that suits what you are doing.

I just can't see dumping all that mastery into something you don't use a lot of or shouldn't be using a lot of. But that's what I was curious to know is in a 10m HM FL would i be ok with Haste>crit>mastery and if not Do people just work in PWS into there healing "rotation"? and how is that possible with the mana cost of the shield? and also if your just trying to time it with rapture then it brings up why stack all the mastery into it?

Deleted
    Disc tank healing, its my role in our 10mans.

Master > Crit > Haste after i have Spirit around 2k (currently 2.2k) where i keep it there.

PW:S the tank and wait with PW:S till rapture CD is off unless a tank or raid member is in need of a PW:S ofc.
    Its not a bad thing to mis a rapture if it saves people, its the fastest ( big heal ) we got so to speak.

Why mastery ? Because a Gheal Crit brings also massive bubbles and their bubbles are increased by mastery as well for example 20k Gheal Bubbles aint rare. I dont need haste that much do have some and the little amount that i got doesnt make me feel that i need more haste.

Deleted
    If you're tankhealing just go with mastery and crit like the other posters suggested, the slightly reduced casttime won't outweigh the benefits of getting more huge GHeals and big DA and PW: S bubbles.

Deleted
    ^^ like Vand3tz said think of it this way, A big Gheal crit on a tank will heal for around 60k to 70k, the DA shield is around 25k that's 95k healing per 2 second cast.

I found that to crit enough for it to be not so RNG anymore you need around 20% unbuffed which is around 35% raid buffed with renewed hope and weakened soul active, get that and keeping tanks alive becomes easy.

As for the original question to be honest it is really hard for anyone here to tell you how you should spec because playing as disc you are pretty much free to spec any way and have it work for you.

I have the same job as your self, 10 man tank healing but contrary to most guides I am spec-ed; Crit, mastery, haste, spirit, with 20% crit and mastery, 11% haste, and only 1145 spirit it works but only because I play the way I do.

The best thing you can do starting off is just to get a balance of your stats out then as you raid tweak them to fit what you need based around your spell usage ( get some logs ).

Deleted
    What I learned from all those threads about what to focus is that it's a question of preference. And everyone thinks he's right

If I were tank healing, I'd go mst = crt > hst with 1800 - 2200 SPI.

There isn't really a "tank heal" role in HM 10-mans — you're likely doing every fight except Beth with 2 healers so you have to heal basically everyone. The "best" secondary stats will change depending on the fight, your strategy, your play-style, and your heal partner so opinions are going to vary widely. Try out different reforging and decide which you like most.

Deleted

Not MST

Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    Disc tank healing, its my role in our 10mans.

Master > Crit > Haste after i have Spirit around 2k (currently 2.2k) where i keep it there.

Why mastery ? Because a Gheal Crit brings also massive bubbles and their bubbles are increased by mastery as well for example 20k Gheal Bubbles aint rare. I dont need haste that much do have some and the little amount that i got doesnt make me feel that i need more haste.
    Basically no... 1 point of mastery (179 points) means each DA is 2.5% larger, but thats 2.5% of the .3 of the original heal. 1% crit (179 points) means you are 1% more likely to get that DA. 1% haste (128 points) means when spamming casts you get 1% more casts which equals more chances for DA. Note that haste costs less per point, which added to it affecting all our spells is why it's the best stat for pure throughput so long as your mana can take it.

With 60-75k gheal crits your DA is 20-25k with 0 mastery. Each point of mastery adds about 500 onto each absorb, which will likely be about 1/3rd of casts. Each 1% crit means you're 1% more likely to get an extra 30-37.5k heal + >20-25k DA

Which is why crit is better than mastery for DA, though there's some synergy between them insofar as more crit = more DA and more mastery = bigger bubbles.

As was mentioned by someone else, in 10man FL HC you wont just be using a single target rotation (aside from large portions of Baleroc). You'll be two healing and will have to switch between tanks and raid, something Disc does very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Denae View Post
    There isn't really a "tank heal" role in HM 10-mans — you're likely doing every fight except Beth with 2 healers so you have to heal basically everyone. The "best" secondary stats will change depending on the fight, your strategy, your play-style, and your heal partner so opinions are going to vary widely. Try out different reforging and decide which you like most.
    QFTW!

In 10M HM FL you pretty much do double duty, exception being Beth. I personally Run with a crit/mastery setup to get more out of my DA procs and shields. I see ppl commenting about haste but I frankly haven't seen a need for it as a stat. With BT up nearly all the time I don't need anymore haste to increase the speed of my heals. Course I also have something around 3k spirit so I can afford to keep BT up a lot too.

It all boils down to playstyle and what you are comfortable with. As long as you are putting up decent numbers and nobody is dieing then stick with what you are used to. Drastic change in situations such as these can do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by guattari View Post
    Which is why crit is better than mastery for DA, though there's some synergy between them insofar as more crit = more DA and more mastery = bigger bubbles.
    I wouldn't call it better per say. Crit and Mastery are very intermingled with each other in that they are dependent on each other to be fully effective. You have to strike a balance between the 2 stats.
    Last edited by lizon; 2011-11-10 at 09:17 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    QFTW!

. Course I also have something around 3k spirit so I can afford to keep BT up a lot too.
    why the heck are you running with so much spirit? I run less then 2k and my BT is up a lot. Why wouldn't you choose some throughput at that point?

Why does everyone say HM beth with 2 healers is hard. We found it easier then 3 healers in fact due to crushing the adds with dps so very little spinner dmg and drone spray.

Disc healing in 10 mans is just a jack of all trades spec. In fact I usually go Mst > Haste > crit spirit just cause I find myself PoHing quite a bit since I am never JUST healing the tank. Unless im up on Beth.

Quote Originally Posted by lynguistic View Post
    why the heck are you running with so much spirit? I run less then 2k and my BT is up a lot. Why wouldn't you choose some throughput at that point?
    Cause I don't need any more throughput. What would be the point of getting more throughput on farm content? I have yet to encounter a single fight in game where I think "Geeze i sure wish I had more haste". Plus we will be working on H Rah in the next week so it should come in handy. Think of it this way, it doesn't hurt to have too much spirit but it does hurt to have too little.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Cause I don't need any more throughput. What would be the point of getting more throughput on farm content? I have yet to encounter a single fight in game where I think "Geeze i sure wish I had more haste". Plus we will be working on H Rah in the next week so it should come in handy. Think of it this way, it doesn't hurt to have too much spirit but it does hurt to have too little.
    3k spirit on heroic rag is going to hurt you if anything. I believe it does hurt to have too much spirit unless your holy(even when I was holy I didn't go beyond 2700). If you are ending fights with over half your mana you are doing something wrong. Although I end fights with crap ton of mana but I thank my other healer and awesome dps for that. Throughput is throughput making yours and your other healers job easier if you ask me :P but hey to each his/her own.
    [

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I suggest you boost crit first then mastery then haste.

The more you increase your crit the more chance you trigger shielding from Divine Aegis. Try experimenting on the value and have feel if is enough. Mastery increases Shield Absorbption so in theory this also increase damage absorption from DA as well as PWS and PWB
    . I do believe theres a haste soft cap as well, once you reach the crit and haste caps invest your reforging to Mastery. It's a matter of balancing your stats.

I am assuming that for crit and haste there are soft caps since you have a crit boosting talent from Renewed hope, also Darkness helps in increasing haste as well as on call situation from Borrowed Time.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 04:39 PM ----------

"I suggest you soft cap crit and haste first then mastery.

The more you increase your crit the more chance you trigger shielding from Divine Aegis. Try experimenting on the value and have feel if is enough. Mastery increases Shield Absorbption so in theory this also increase damage absorption from DA as well as PWS and PWB
    . I do believe theres a haste soft cap as well, once you reach the crit and haste caps invest your reforging to Mastery. It's a matter of balancing your stats.

I am assuming that for crit and haste there are soft caps since you have a crit boosting talent from Renewed hope, also Darkness helps in increasing haste as well as on call situation from Borrowed Time.